I got it

Wanda

Feb 26, 2014, 10:29:36 PM2/26/14
I have not played it yet but I have it here with me. I can't wait to try
this out! I so hope it won't be disappointing!

rms

Feb 27, 2014, 11:07:51 AM2/27/14
>I have not played it yet but I have it here with me. I can't wait to try
>this out! I so hope it won't be disappointing!

It's different, but I'm enjoying it. No performance issues on my pc as
yet.

rms

Wanda

Feb 27, 2014, 8:36:14 PM2/27/14

"rms" wrote in message news:lennso$1k9$1...@dont-email.me...
***********************************

I think I like it so far, but I am not so far into it. I do like the Swoop
feature. I like that it has four levels to play as far as difficulty goes. I
WISH I had more time to play it! The guy at Gamestop says that a good many
people are trying it.

rms

Feb 27, 2014, 11:55:10 PM2/27/14
>I think I like it so far, but I am not so far into it. I do like the Swoop
>feature. I like that it has four levels to play as far as difficulty goes.

Played a bit more (just a few Basso side missions), and I'm enjoying it
more and more. I have none of the complaints I've seen mentioned (such as
long loading times, or poor framerate). Looks like you acquire more
thieving tools as you get farther along.

rms

Wanda

Mar 1, 2014, 8:36:41 AM3/1/14

"rms" wrote in message news:lep4rj$7dj$1...@dont-email.me...

I thought it was cool to see Basso in there again. I have not personally
seen him yet, but I am just starting the game really. What did you think of
the girl in the beginning? I think she will show up later somehow.

rms

Mar 1, 2014, 11:20:28 AM3/1/14
>What did you think of the girl in the beginning? I think she will show up
>later somehow.

Emo-Erin? :) Shrug. No opinion, she's only appeared in the Prologue
so far, which hearkens back to the Thief 1 Prologue. The thieving is good
and the loot is plentiful; the plot has not revealed itself yet, but I'm
going slowly and just soaking it in. I'm very happy with the game thus far.

My only tip for now is to be sure to buy the extra tools the Burrick
Merchant sells as early as possible (and use rope arrows!). Apparently
these are on a separate purchase sub-menu, which I hadn't noticed. Being as
I'm mid-way through a Chp. 2 mission, I can't check this, but there are
(optional) locked areas and inaccessible items the tools are needed for, and
I'm debating restarting the game. When this mission is done and I'm back at
the Stonemarket hub area, I'll check if I can revisit these levels with
locked areas, hopefully the game has a provision for that.

rms

Trimble Bracegirdle

Mar 1, 2014, 10:59:38 PM3/1/14
IMO THIEF 2014 is bland & disappointing.
Basically poor .
We can only go where the game allows us to.
There's no 'where & how shall I do this, go there'---
- its search to find where the game will let me go & do.

The Garret voice is HORRID a USA style any-one-of-million TV series thirty
something characterless Hunk
& he has to chase around after a Bossy Girl of the same samey style.
Is fundamentally almost exactly the same as Tomb Raider 2013 , Splinter Cell
Blacklist etc.

Better play Dishonored or Thief 3: Dark Shadows.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your

rms

Mar 1, 2014, 7:53:35 PM3/1/14
>My only tip for now is to be sure to buy the extra tools the Burrick
>Merchant sells as early as possible (and use rope arrows!). Apparently
>these are on a separate purchase sub-menu, which I hadn't noticed. Being
>as I'm mid-way through a Chp. 2 mission, I can't check this, but there are
>(optional) locked areas and inaccessible items the tools are needed for,
>and I'm debating restarting the game. When this mission is done and I'm
>back at the Stonemarket hub area, I'll check if I can revisit these levels
>with locked areas, hopefully the game has a provision for that.

Quick update: Yes! I've revisited both a client job, and the first
major Basso job, Dust to Dust -- which is actually the entire Chp2
mission -- after already completing them. This let me go and buy the
wrench, razor, and wirecutter tools, and 100% the loot. Yay! This game's
getting better and better.

rms