Thief and Oblivion

Terry Pratchett

May 21, 2006, 2:20:59 PM5/21/06

I've been play Oblivion on and off for about a month. I've seen some
mod to make it more like Thief. Can anyone recommend some from personal
experience (hopefully ones that don't mean starting again)?

It's a great game ...except that the foes seem to get tougher to keep up
with you...
--
Terry Pratchett

MosNot

May 21, 2006, 2:37:13 PM5/21/06

"Terry Pratchett" <tprat...@unseen.demon.co.uk> wrote in
message news:zpp4rVQL...@unseen.demon.co.uk

Ah, much akin to real life......

Greger Hoel

May 21, 2006, 3:33:21 PM5/21/06
On Sun, 21 May 2006 19:20:59 +0100, Terry Pratchett
<tprat...@unseen.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I've been play Oblivion on and off for about a month. I've seen some
>mod to make it more like Thief. Can anyone recommend some from personal
>experience (hopefully ones that don't mean starting again)?

There are mods that introduces a blackjack and/or other Thief elements
to the game, but there won't be a mod that does the real trick: real
deep Thief shadows. Anyway, there's already innumerable websites
hosting Oblivion mods. Just google the Thief element you'd like with
Oblivion and you should get what you want in a heartbeat.

>It's a great game ...except that the foes seem to get tougher to keep up
>with you...

Yes, it's designed so that most NPC's increase in level as you do.
There are mods that change that too. One, which name escapes me AtM,
varies the NPC levels so you don't really know if it's a level 5
bugger or level 50 badass you're fighting until, well, you're fighting
him.
"I'll take any scrap from any table that bears the name
Bickert. I'd buy an album of him mowing the lawn."
-Gerry

To reach me, swap spammers get bent with softhome

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mika Latokartano

May 23, 2006, 5:56:24 AM5/23/06

"Terry Pratchett" <tprat...@unseen.demon.co.uk> kirjoitti
viestissä:zpp4rVQL...@unseen.demon.co.uk...

> I've been play Oblivion on and off for about a month. I've seen some mod
> to make it more like Thief. Can anyone recommend some from personal
> experience (hopefully ones that don't mean starting again)?

Terry, check out this thread at TTLG:
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105373 and scroll down to Thief
Targeted Mods. I'm using the Blackjack mod, Attack and Hide mod, Bounty
Reduction Over Time, No Psychic Guards, Movable Bodies and TurnOffLights at
the moment. None of those required a restart. At least I haven't
restarted, and the game works fine.

Also there's an extensive Wiki on Oblivion Mods at
http://www.tescreens.be/oblivionmodwiki/index.php/Main_Page

> It's a great game ...except that the foes seem to get tougher to keep up
> with you...

Yeah, there's a bit of a problem with the way leveling has been implemented
in Oblivion. There are mods to fix that, but they may require restarting.
I haven't bothered doing that. A simple solution is to drag down the
difficulty slider if going gets too tough, then drag it up when you feel
comfortably strong again. I did, when I got tired to all of the sudden
getting nearly beaten by wimpy monsters that I used to be able to handle
with ease at a lower level.

- Mika L