Thief 2: Life of the Party (Part 2)

Darryl C. Burgdorf

Apr 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/4/00
OK, as I said, I found the stash of diamonds in the bank vault.
However, even knowing that there was a stash of weapons in Castle
Carlysle's armory, I wasn't able to find a way to get *into* the
castle. (The only stash of weapons I found was apparently hidden by
the Keepers, as it was located just down the hall from a letter I
found addressed to me.)

I gave up on Carlysle and just went on to Angelwatch. However, off a
guest there, I just got a Carlysle Armory key. Is it worth making a
side trip back to the castle before I continue in the Tower, and if
so, how exactly do I find it?

(I've found Karras' latest entry in his new scripture already -- is it
just me, or is that little robot kid that shows up in the room really
creepy? -- but haven't gotten into his office yet, nor have I visited
the party itself yet to find out exactly why he's hosting it.)

Paul L. Wiegand

Apr 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/4/00
I personally didn't make the trip to the armory until I was on my way
back to the bell tower. Usually I don't need so much of the flashy
equipment, it's just me and blacky on my hip. However, if you have very
little equipment it will be worth it to go back. They hook you up with a
taffload of stuff.

On your way to Angelwatch you may have come across the greenhouse. The
only way to get to the armory is to enter an open window on the side of
the building next to the greenhouse. There's a wooden beam sticking out
from the building that will allow you to get up to the level of the
window. Hope this helps!

The Bloke

Daniel A. Stephenson

Apr 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/4/00
I used the big bomb to open the armory. Very cool. BOOM. Ther eis one
area early with wooden rafters. Climb up them, there is an entrance to
an attic... check it out, very cool.

--
Dan Stephenson

(Remove the nospam from my email address before replying with email.)

David Byron

Apr 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/5/00

!!!!! SPOILERS FOR 'LIFE OF THE PARTY' FOLLOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

On Tue, 04 Apr 2000 23:23:58 GMT, burg...@awsd.com (Darryl C.
Burgdorf) wrote:

>Carlysle's armory, I wasn't able to find a way to get *into* the
>castle.

There are two ways: with the key, and with a device sufficient to
blow open the door. The former may be found, as you note, in one
of the guest rooms at Angelwatch. The latter may be found in the
secret area of the obscure Astronomer's Attic at Master Willey's
(east of the dueling archers).

The second way is marginally more fun.

>(The only stash of weapons I found was apparently hidden by the
>Keepers, as it was located just down the hall from a letter I
>found addressed to me.)

That was left by the pagans. Remember, they have undercover agents
in the City and have a stake in your cause.

>Is it worth making a side trip back to the castle before I continue
>in the Tower,

Here's what's in the armory: one health potion, three water crystals,
two flashbombs, a bunch of broadheads, two noisemaker arrows, two
standard mines, and two firearrows.

>and if so, how exactly do I find it?

From Angel Watch, go south through Lady Louisa's and into the Dayport
Traders' Bank. Exit the bank to the west onto the ledge and enter
the open window at the south end of the ledge by using a vine arrow.
Exit that room on the west side, cross Cullen's rooftop till you
reach the banner-beam that traverses Baron's Way. Proceed across the
beam to reach Anna's greenhouse. Castle Carlyle is the crenelated
building to your right (east). The entrance is up in the corner and
requires a vine arrow.

Have fun,

David Byron
david...@yale.edu