PC Gamer's feature on "The Cradle" (TDS) now on-line

Mika Latokartano

Jun 7, 2005, 11:51:58 AM6/7/05
Just a heads up, taffers: an article originally published in issue 146 of PC
GAMER on the stunning and disturbing Thief: Deadly Shadows mission "Robbing
the Cradle", a.k.a. "The Cradle", is now available on-line -- legitimately.

You can find it on Kieron Killen's (the author of the article) blog at
http://gillen.cream.org/wordpress_html/?page_id=618. It's a PDF of the
original article, and very interesting to read. It provides a lot of
background to the story of The Cradle, takes you step-by-step through The
Cradle, and features an interview with the mind behind the masterpiece,
Jordan Thomas, alias 'null'. It also includes maps of the level. All in
all, it's a very thorough and well-written, interesting article.

It clocks in at 6 megs, and is 10 pages long. Go get it, kids. ;)

- Mika L

Barnaby

Jun 7, 2005, 2:04:42 PM6/7/05
"Mika Latokartano" <mika.lat...@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote
in message news:d84fr7$8ic$1...@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi...

In a few years time we'll have people in mad houses whispering "I've been to
the cradle...have you?"

--
Barnaby

Spon349

Jun 7, 2005, 5:25:54 PM6/7/05
"Barnaby" <Dont.co...@We.ll.come.to.you.com> wrote in message

> In a few years time we'll have people in mad houses whispering "I've been
> the cradle...have you?"
>
> --
> Barnaby

I've got to get a T-shirt with that printed on :-)

--
"If you meet a vegan it's bad form to give them the famous four-fingered V
sign and say 'Live long and prosper'." - Terry Pratchett

Replace "minus" with the opposite to reply by e-mail

Greger Hoel

Jun 7, 2005, 6:04:50 PM6/7/05
On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 18:51:58 +0300, "Mika Latokartano"
<mika.lat...@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote:

>Just a heads up, taffers: an article originally published in issue 146 of PC
>GAMER on the stunning and disturbing Thief: Deadly Shadows mission "Robbing
>the Cradle", a.k.a. "The Cradle", is now available on-line -- legitimately.

Thanks for the heads up
Always cross a vampire, never moon a werewolf

To reach me, swap spammers get bent with softhome

Paul Harris

Jun 7, 2005, 9:22:41 PM6/7/05
Thanks! That was pretty cool.

I've only ever played through the Cradle once and that was quite a while ago
but merely reading that article was enough to make me feel uneasy!

Mos

Jun 7, 2005, 9:41:24 PM6/7/05

"Paul Harris" <pa...@NO-SPAMmonkeyland.demon.co.uk> wrote in
message news:d85h25$bps$1...@domitilla.aioe.org

That was my favorite mission.
Managed to ghost all but the exit area.

Message has been deleted

tprat...@unseen.demon.co.uk

Jul 3, 2005, 7:47:08 AM7/3/05
Favourite? Hmm. I've played it three or four times, and I'm still edgy.
Everything you find reveals a back-story you really don't want to know.
And, of course, first time you don't know the layout, and it seems you'll
never get out of the dammed place

Now, I go in hunting. I'll sit and wait, I don't care; bombs, mines, holy
water, dagger, fire arrows...C'mon if you think you're not dead enough...
And even that is risky. I've seen a patient run *around* a carefully placed
holy water puddle.

And , oh joy, I've just finished Grand Hotel in TX2 and the next level is
set in an ancient , run-down, gloomy hospital... 'sob'

Terry

http://www.usenet.com