De nooks and corners 2: inside a locked chest

Terry Pratchett

Aug 8, 2004, 11:11:47 AM8/8/04

I was trying to ghost Overlook mansion and found this on the second
floor, in the room with the snoring woman. There's a little set of
stairs between this and the room next door (there's also another
connecting door between the two)

I'd missed the chest in the next door room and, crouching at the top of
the stairs, frobbed it. Usually, when you frob a chest, T3 shifts you in
front of the lock. It couldn't work out how to do that, so it dropped
me. still crouching, inside the locked chest. The medallion it contains
was floating in front on me....

I got out okay when the patrolling woman had gone, just by standing up
and jumping out.

It was quite peaceful in there...
--
Terry Pratchett

Gez

Aug 8, 2004, 12:34:33 PM8/8/04
In the Clocktower I accidentally jumped off a top bunk into
an open chest, but I couldn't get out.

My best was in T2, the lighthouse level. I crept onto the roof
of the rickety house, readied my blackjack, and dropped behind
the patolling guard.
Unfortunately, he was standing infront of an open trapdoor, so
in true "Clouseau" stylee, I whizzed past him, flapping my blackjack,
before hitting the floor two storeys down. This alerted 2 more guards
in an adjacent room, who kindly came and put me out of my misery.