Help - clocktower

mary clarke

Jul 1, 2004, 4:54:06 PM7/1/04
I have one more percent loot to get to reach target. Can't get the
machinery working to finish level and assume that's because I need the loot
first. Am I right.

Also can't seem to backtrack to the upper clocktower.

Any suggestions?

Mary

McEve

Jul 1, 2004, 5:23:52 PM7/1/04

"mary clarke" <mary.c...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

Backtracking in the clock tower is doable, from what I read other people
have done it, but I never could get back up there - only part of the way....
but of course, this comes down to skills :-)

There is however a loot item that's very easy to miss that you do not have
to climb back up the tower to get to.

Spoiler space......

It's on a ledge in the room where all the hammer priests and the
"impossible" to climb back up tower is. If you can manage to get up on the
first ledge of the tower, then look around and you'll notice a glint on of
the ledges of the walls. You then have to jump over onto the wall to get to
the ledge where the loot is.

Hope this helps!

Terry Pratchett

Jul 19, 2004, 6:59:34 AM7/19/04
In message <2kjdn9F...@uni-berlin.de>, McEve <mc...@azcappy.com>
writes

>There is however a loot item that's very easy to miss that you do not have
>to climb back up the tower to get to.

I got that one! But I too am backtracking up the tower. I haven't gone
down on the floor of the basement room yet, but since to my shame I
haven't reached 80% loot I *know* there's stuff up there I've missed. I
suspect some of it is like a few items in the pagan refuge -- doesn't
look like loot until you pick it up.

I do have a question about the high room, though...

There are three priests on balconies with doors behind them. I've
reached the lower two, and the doors won't open. Is it worth trying for
third and highest?

I've spent a lot of time in this room. Getting to the top is easy --
getting to the right place on the top, I suspect, is hard!
--
Terry Pratchett

Gez

Jul 19, 2004, 5:06:40 PM7/19/04
I went back and took a look, ending up with 93% loot.
In the high room I couldn't quite get on the highest gantry but...
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Where those 3 guys are, guarding the doors, did you get on the ledge that
runs around the outside room about halfway up? There's some stuff up there.
Also you can climb the "pylons" in there but they don't seem to get you
anywhere useful.

Darin Johnson

Jul 19, 2004, 6:13:36 PM7/19/04
Some clock tower spoilers perhaps...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Terry Pratchett <tprat...@unseen.demon.co.uk> writes:

> There are three priests on balconies with doors behind them. I've
> reached the lower two, and the doors won't open. Is it worth trying
> for third and highest?

Nope. They're just there to force you to try and keep quiet. None
of them have any loot either.

I had initially "finished" with only 87% of the loot, and only 2 of 3
special items, thus forcing me to retrace my steps and eventually
reclimb the tower (I'm not sure if it was quicker to do that or to
actually replay the second half from an earlier save game). One
treasure was nearly impossible to see especially with loot glint
turned down, one was in a chest I had already opened but was too dim
to notice first time, and the final piece of special loot that was
easier to pick up than to actually see.

I seriously would not have found the last piece of loot without my
knowing which room it existed in, and I only knew that because I was
frustrated and went to a web site to see if it was physically possible
to reclimb the tower and stumbled across the location by mistake.
Even then it took well over an hour for me to locate it, and a lot of
wasted time spent trying to reach a dark blob that turned out to be
just part of the wood texture.

--
Darin Johnson
Luxury! In MY day, we had to make do with 5 bytes of swap...

Terry Pratchett

Jul 19, 2004, 7:33:28 PM7/19/04
In message <cu14qo3...@nokia.com>, Darin Johnson
<darin_@_usa_._net> writes

>Some clock tower spoilers perhaps...
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>

>I had initially "finished" with only 87% of the loot, and only 2 of 3
>special items, thus forcing me to retrace my steps and eventually
>reclimb the tower (I'm not sure if it was quicker to do that or to
>actually replay the second half from an earlier save game). One
>treasure was nearly impossible to see especially with loot glint
>turned down, one was in a chest I had already opened but was too dim
>to notice first time, and the final piece of special loot that was
>easier to pick up than to actually see.
>
>I seriously would not have found the last piece of loot without my
>knowing which room it existed in, and I only knew that because I was
>frustrated and went to a web site to see if it was physically possible
>to reclimb the tower and stumbled across the location by mistake.
>Even then it took well over an hour for me to locate it, and a lot of
>wasted time spent trying to reach a dark blob that turned out to be
>just part of the wood texture.

I've posted elsewhere that I finished today, starting again from the
top, and to my amazement got the lot. I think the reason was that I
played in T2 mode. I started looking in 'T2' places (like under desks)
and didn't rely on the glitter fairy, who can lure you into bad ways.

A piece of loot that is supposed to be hard to get isn't, I've found,
because there's a 'sort of' bug. What Garret can and can't do with his
climbing gloves is a bit arbitrary sometimes, and....

spoiler....

...to get to the one piece of loot in the high room , you only need to
get onto the section of wall the to right of it, which is do-able higher
up without difficulty. Garrett drops onto the ledge and, um, slides
*through* the raised stone divider. I've done it twice. It's a kind of
bug, because he seems to go through the stone; on the other hand, in
real life he would be able to negotiate that small divider easily
enough. If it comes to that, he'd be able to shimmy up those chains,
too:-)

--
Terry Pratchett