Those jolly fine chaps in the Cradle...

Terry Pratchett

Jul 2, 2004, 9:36:22 AM7/2/04

Spoiler, just in case...
.

How many of these electro-zombies are there? They go down easily enough
with a backstab and seem to stay that way if undisturbed, but they get
on my nerves. I've offed three, and I'm itching to start making with
the mines and fire arrows.
--
Terry Pratchett

Mika Latokartano

Jul 2, 2004, 10:04:16 AM7/2/04

"Terry Pratchett" <tprat...@unseen.demon.co.uk> kirjoitti viestissä

My suggestion is don't. Backstabbing is the best way to get rid of them
(sorta), as far as I'm concerned. Just follow them to a spot where you can
safely sneak around them afterwards. Flashbombs also work, but they seem to
require two or three, sometimes even four. There are many, many more, so
going ahead with explosives you'd just be wasting your arsenal and creating
a heck of a ruckus in the process. Off the top of my head I'm counting at
least thirteen of these sorry creatures, and there're probably even more
that I just forgot. Just thinking about them gives me the jitters. And
that's not all the Cradle has in store for you....

- Mika L

Spud

Jul 2, 2004, 10:49:03 AM7/2/04

There are only eight, but if you merely knock them down (eg with a
backstab) they get up again and it looks like more. 2 fire arrows,
one holy water, or one mine are lethal. 2 direct hit flash bombs or
4 near misses will also do it. A mine near the top of the ladder down
to the morgue sometimes takes two puppets out at once.

Mika Latokartano

Jul 2, 2004, 11:00:32 AM7/2/04

"Spud" <sp...@tatties.com> kirjoitti viestissä

> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 17:04:16 +0300, "Mika Latokartano"
> <mika.lat...@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote:

SPOILERS BELOW!

> >Off the top of my head I'm counting at
> >least thirteen of these sorry creatures, and there're probably even more
> >that I just forgot. Just thinking about them gives me the jitters. And
> >that's not all the Cradle has in store for you....
> >
> >- Mika L
> >
> There are only eight, but if you merely knock them down (eg with a
> backstab) they get up again and it looks like more.

Sorry, right you are, I was counting also the.... others.... and mixing them
up. Still, I'd stick with the dagger.

- Mika L

Terry Pratchett

Jul 2, 2004, 11:35:36 AM7/2/04
In message <cc3tba$ola$1...@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi>, Mika Latokartano
<mika.lat...@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> writes

The...others, eh? Thanks:-)

I like it here, sitting in my dark corner...I think I'll just stay
here...

Insofar as it does exactly the job it sets out to do, this is a
wonderful level.
--
Terry Pratchett

Mika Latokartano

Jul 2, 2004, 12:31:27 PM7/2/04

> In message <cc3tba$ola$1...@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi>, Mika Latokartano
> <mika.lat...@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> writes
> >
> >"Spud" <sp...@tatties.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> >> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 17:04:16 +0300, "Mika Latokartano"
> >> <mika.lat...@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >SPOILERS BELOW!

And

> >> There are only eight, but if you merely knock them down (eg with a
> >> backstab) they get up again and it looks like more.
> >
> >Sorry, right you are, I was counting also the.... others.... and mixing
them
> >up. Still, I'd stick with the dagger.
>
> The...others, eh? Thanks:-)

Oh, you're so welcome. :) Sharing the scare is all I've got left.

> I like it here, sitting in my dark corner...I think I'll just stay
> here...

I grew very fond of them. They....comfort me. I've rearranged the lights
in our house. Now I have many dark corners. Guess where I'm writing this
from?

> Insofar as it does exactly the job it sets out to do, this is a
> wonderful level.

Precisely. Not exactly my favorite type of a level, but a wonderful
achievement regardless.

*Twitch*

- Mika L

Terry Pratchett

Jul 2, 2004, 3:22:30 PM7/2/04
In message <cc42lq$8sf$1...@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi>, Mika Latokartano
Hah! There were two of em' near the ladder to the morgue. Tried to get
them both with one holy water puddle but one devil kept dodging around
it. Got him in the end, dropped a vial of oil on 'em and fired a fire
arrow into it. You want crazy? Huh? Huh? There's only two of you left
now! You think you're after ME? I'm coming to LOOK for you! You can
lurch but you can't hide! HeeerrrrreeessssTerry!!!!!
--
Terry Pratchett

Tim

Jul 2, 2004, 4:24:39 PM7/2/04

"Terry Pratchett" <tprat...@unseen.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> You want crazy? Huh? Huh? There's only two of you left
> now! You think you're after ME? I'm coming to LOOK for you! You can
> lurch but you can't hide! HeeerrrrreeessssTerry!!!!!

Nicholson? DeNiro?

Mika Latokartano

Jul 2, 2004, 4:34:24 PM7/2/04

"Tim" <argy...@hotmail.com> kirjoitti viestissä
No. Stage Three of experiencing the Cradle. Textbook, really. (Been
there.)

- Mika L

Tim

Jul 2, 2004, 5:09:34 PM7/2/04