T:DS loot in Keeper Compound

Terry Pratchett

Aug 13, 2004, 11:22:09 AM8/13/04

I'm ghosting this, and I'm not getting all the loot. I leave the upper
compound with 63% and I've swept the Lower Library, where the statues
are, to 97%. I've pretty much done everywhere -- double checked chests
and swept bookcases. I've got the two treasures that can be got by
climbing in the high central hall, and even looking at a loot map I
can't see what I've missed. But I can't find the third special loot
item! I've got the scales and the book (which moves around like the
cuckoo in T2) but that's where I am -- nothing shows up as the third. A
clue, please!
--
Terry Pratchett

Gez

Aug 13, 2004, 3:11:29 PM8/13/04
Heads up!
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Is it the one in the corridor to the library?

Gez

Aug 13, 2004, 3:11:30 PM8/13/04
Head up!

Darin Johnson

Aug 13, 2004, 5:50:56 PM8/13/04
Terry Pratchett <tprat...@unseen.demon.co.uk> writes:

> I've got the scales and the book (which moves
> around like the cuckoo in T2) but that's where I am -- nothing shows
> up as the third. A clue, please!

There are two books to get! I don't know where they move around since
I've never tried to "alter" the vote, but if you're trying to ghost
it, I assume they haven't been moved. One was in the dining room as
I recall and the other in the scribe room (which may be pretty hard to
get while ghosting).

--
Darin Johnson
I'm not a well adjusted person, but I play one on the net.

Terry Pratchett

Aug 15, 2004, 4:45:53 AM8/15/04
In message <cu1acwy...@nokia.com>, Darin Johnson
<darin_@_usa_._net> writes

>There are two books to get! I don't know where they move around since
>I've never tried to "alter" the vote, but if you're trying to ghost
>it, I assume they haven't been moved. One was in the dining room as
>I recall and the other in the scribe room (which may be pretty hard to
>get while ghosting).

Got it. That's what comes of making assumptions. Thanks. There was a
'huh'? but perfection can wait until next time.

Mostly, ghosting (all right, with 'huh' allowed :-)isn't too much of a
problem, but I had to cheat in Overlook (if a noise arrow is cheating)
and I
can see no way of getting the Crown from our fishy chums without
drawing attention to yourself.

--
Terry Pratchett

Darin Johnson

Aug 15, 2004, 8:06:38 PM8/15/04
Terry Pratchett <tprat...@unseen.demon.co.uk> writes:

> can see no way of getting the Crown from our fishy chums without
> drawing attention to yourself.

Just one measly rope arrow would solve that problem nicely :-)

I think getting the crown quietly wouldn't be too hard with
moss arrows to muffle your jumps down, but I think you might
need a noisemaker diversion in order to climb back up.

--
Darin Johnson
"You used to be big."

Terry Pratchett

Aug 16, 2004, 8:59:34 AM8/16/04
In message <cu1d61s...@nokia.com>, Darin Johnson
<darin_@_usa_._net> writes

>I think getting the crown quietly wouldn't be too hard with
>moss arrows to muffle your jumps down, but I think you might
>need a noisemaker diversion in order to climb back up.

I've got in and out ok, but someone always complains when I'm in the
hanging bowl
--
Terry Pratchett