Win7 64 Bit and Thief3

henry albrecht

Mar 24, 2014, 7:30:15 PM3/24/14

Hi

I use a widescreen. Windowed-mode is not funny. But when I use
fullscreen, then the mouse-pointer doesn't move in the Settings- and the
save/load-screens. Any idea ?

--

Gruss

rms

Mar 25, 2014, 9:11:49 AM3/25/14
> use a widescreen. Windowed-mode is not funny. But when I use
>fullscreen, then the mouse-pointer doesn't move in the Settings- and the
>save/load-screens. Any idea ?

First install this if you haven't yet
http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138607

rms

henry albrecht

Mar 25, 2014, 1:22:19 PM3/25/14
rms <rsqui...@MOOflashMOO.net> schrieb:

> First install this if you haven't yet
> http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138607
>
> rms

I forgot to mention this program. I installed the prev. Version and now
this new version: It does not help.

--

Gruss

rms

Mar 26, 2014, 1:05:15 PM3/26/14
>I forgot to mention this program. I installed the prev. Version and now
>this new version: It does not help.

Bummer! I recall T3 having some minor gameplay issues that I fixed with
compatibility settings & such. A quick google shows a couple suggestions:
Use an earlier nvidia driver version, and the other to set windows text size
to 100% in control panel. I might be installing this again under win8-64 to
try it out soon.

rms

Trimble Bracegirdle

Apr 2, 2014, 7:42:18 PM4/2/14
It the mouse pointer visible but frozen?

It may be that the pointer IS there & moving but (virtually) invisible
because of the pointer arrow being black on the games v. dark blue screen.
Try slowly moving the mouse slowly around the menus to see if options text
flicker
- stare at screen v. closely .
It should be (just about) visible & useable.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") Mouse (We Know This One Well)

henry albrecht

Apr 4, 2014, 1:22:08 PM4/4/14
Trimble Bracegirdle <no-...@never.spam> schrieb:

> It the mouse pointer visible but frozen?

Yes. It is visible but don't react. But: When I move the mouse
sometimes the buttons change the colour. So the internal-mouse-routine
seems working. But the Pointer doesn't follow the mouse.

--

Gruss

Trimble Bracegirdle

Apr 4, 2014, 8:32:09 PM4/4/14
I run Thief 3 on Win 7 64 bit - no problems.
I have installed;
"Collective Texture Pack ver. 1.0.3.exe" (Thief Deadly Shadows texture
pack)
106MB.
The original creators site is closed buts its easy to find by Goggling
"Collective Texture Pack ver. 1.0.3.exe"

The other patch you have been referring to here is
"Thief 3 -fix bugs + Widescreen - Setup_T3SneakyUpgrade_1.1.3.1.exe"
I don't have that installed but I don't think it will clash with Texture
pack.

With your problem I would try e.g. Alt-tabbing out & back again.
Switching to Windowed (press alt-enter & again to restore)
Try different resolutions.
Right click the Games starting shortcut or exe & select Compatibility Mode
"Windows XP"

Perhaps live with it if you can see enough in the mouse movement 'flickers'
to select required option.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") mouse (Hmmm? -Needs A Good Rub n Scrub-down)