Just saying..

Wanda

Feb 8, 2015, 6:19:39 AM2/8/15
HI! Anyone else in here? Chime in if you are!

Trimble Bracegirdle

Feb 11, 2015, 5:35:57 PM2/11/15
"Wanda"
????"HI! Anyone else in here? Chime in if you are!"<<<

Me ..Tinkle & Clang

Groups a dead Duck tho ;(
@@@Mouse@@@

Wanda

Feb 13, 2015, 6:33:18 AM2/13/15

"Trimble Bracegirdle" wrote in message news:mbglf8$72g$1...@dont-email.me...
88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Hi Trimble! I know it's pretty dead. I just look in every now and then.

rms

Feb 13, 2015, 11:22:21 AM2/13/15
>????"HI! Anyone else in here? Chime in if you are!"<<<

Yay! Did you start Thief4 yet? You mentioned an xbox, which is too bad
imho, as it looks fantastic on a fast pc, and I'm starting to get the urge
for a playthrough of the whole series again!

rms

Graham Thurlwell

Feb 16, 2015, 3:04:00 PM2/16/15
On the 8 Feb 2015, "Wanda" <wrsuth...@charter.net> wrote:

> HI! Anyone else in here? Chime in if you are!

Did Thief 4 end up requiring a permanent internet / Steam connection?
I actually have a PC powerful enough to play it now.

Been spending a lot of time playing Watch_Dogs, some nice Thief-style
shenanigans possible on it.

--
Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

nos...@jades.org /is/ a real email address!

Wanda

Feb 20, 2015, 3:31:02 PM2/20/15

"rms" wrote in message news:mbl8am$mmv$1...@dont-email.me...
I did start Thief! I got just a little ways into a part where I had to go up
and across a wall and keep falling the %#!!! off of it! Then we all caught
the flu and are just now getting better from it.

Wanda

Feb 20, 2015, 3:31:54 PM2/20/15

"Graham Thurlwell" wrote in message

Never heard of Watch Dogs. Should I check it out?

Graham Thurlwell

Feb 25, 2015, 5:19:21 PM2/25/15
On the 20 Feb 2015, "Wanda" <wrsuth...@charter.net> wrote:

> "Graham Thurlwell" wrote in message

> > Did Thief 4 end up requiring a permanent internet / Steam connection?
> > I actually have a PC powerful enough to play it now.

> > Been spending a lot of time playing Watch_Dogs, some nice Thief-style
> > shenanigans possible on it.

> Never heard of Watch Dogs. Should I check it out?

It's a Triple-A Title, been advertised on telly and everything. ;-)

It came free with my mainboard and I have actually really enjoyed it.
At first glance the gameplay most resembles that of the GTA series
from GTA 3 onwards in that it's in a large open world type setting (in
this case a near-future Chicago and surrounding area) however right
from the start there is a major emphasis on hacking and clever play.

While in some cases a big dumb full-frontal assault can work, it's
often the case that your goals are better accomplished by guile and
stealth.

There are strong hints of influence from the Thief, System Shock and
Deus Ex games. This isn't just limited to the hacking elements of the
latter two but also in the way that most of the missions can be
completed in any way you see fit - including The Lytha Way (ie zero
damage and not being seen) in some cases.

A Uplay account is required, but it's possible to play the game
offline once it's activated and the online multiplayer elements are
optional. If I didn't have a free copy the Uplay requirement would
have probably meant I didn't buy it but it turned out I already had an
account. Oh, and the game was free anyway!

In the end I enjoyed it so much I bought the 'Season Pass' (what we
used to call the Expansion Pack).