setHighestAllowedLevel not working

Brion K. Lienhart

Sep 14, 2008, 2:22:41 PM9/14/08
I can't get this to work with Apartment Life. No matter what number I
set (I've gone as high as 10), by the time I get up to the walls on the
4th story I can't go up to even add a roof. I've gone back and forth
between build and buy modes, boolprop testingcheatsenabled on and off,
saving & going back to neighborhood, nothing works. Just a regular
house, not an Apt building.

I haven't used it in a while, because I recall that I always had
problems getting it working properly before anyway.

Jeanie

Sep 14, 2008, 3:26:18 PM9/14/08

Try adding it to your userstartup.cheat file in My Documents/EA
Games/The Sims 2/Config. Just add a line somewhere at the beginning
before you get to any aliases you are using. I'll copy and paste my
entire userstartup.cheat file below to show you what I mean. I don't
have any trouble going up to 8 levels, counting the roof.

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 15
sethighestallowedlevel 8

alias cash "motherlode" "adds 50,000 simoleons" ""
alias k "kaching" "adds 1000 simoleons"

alias m "moveObjects on" "Enables the ability to move normally
unmovable objects" ""
alias m- "moveObjects off" "Disables the ability to move normally
unmovable objects" ""

alias s "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false" "Lets you move objects
off the grid" ""
alias s- "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true" "Makes objects snap to
the grid" ""

alias f "boolprop constrainFloorElevation false" "Enables the
ability to change terrain even when there is a building on it" ""
alias f- "boolprop constrainFloorElevation true" "Disables the
ability to change terrain even when there is a building on it" ""

alias l "boolprop locktiles true" "set to true to turn off the
ability to lay floor tiles to edges of lot" ""
alias l- "boolprop locktiles false" "set to false to lay floor tiles
to edges of lot" ""

alias d- "boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled true" "dorm tools off"
"dorm tools off"
alias d "boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false" "dorm tools on" "dorm
tools on"

alias a "agesimscheat on" "allows setting age of sim"
alias a- "agesimscheat off" "turns off ability to set age of sim"

alias r15 "roofslopeangle 15"
alias r20 "roofslopeangle 20"
alias r25 "roofslopeangle 25"
alias r30 "roofslopeangle 30"
alias r35 "roofslopeangle 35"
alias r40 "roofslopeangle 40"
alias r45 "roofslopeangle 45"
alias r50 "roofslopeangle 50"
alias r55 "roofslopeangle 55"
alias r60 "roofslopeangle 60"

maxon

Sep 14, 2008, 3:54:05 PM9/14/08
"Brion K. Lienhart" <bri...@lienhart.name> wrote in message

Known 'bug' - just grab one of the dormers in the roof section and stick it
on the top floor. It has a roof attached and placing the dormer unit will
open up the next floor up. You can hit the undo button to get rid of it
right away but the opened up level stays there.

Best wishes
maxon

Brion K. Lienhart

Sep 16, 2008, 5:22:51 PM9/16/08