fake newbies

Won S. Shin

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99
How prevalent do you think fake newbies are? You know, good players who
lure real newbies in for an easy win. Why do they get their jollies from
doing something so stupid?

Rygar1

Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99

Same reason they would get their jollies kicking puppies or mugging
old women I guess. Pathetic little people that feel the need to be
better than someone else.

Janine Rawnsley

Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99
I sometimes come on as a new name... or fake newbie...
But instead of taking on poor little newbies I go for 'regulars' - ppl who I
know are good. It's dead funny when you win... they guess for hours as to
who you are. I always tell em in the end though :O)

Janine

--
Visit Games Universe! http://www.rawnsley.force9.co.uk

L. Chet

Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99

I think most people have actually caught on with that. New nicknames are
so common that sometimes I wonder if I'm playing the same people more than
I actually have figured.

Try playing someone with a 4-60 record (or any similar record pattern
with rediculously low wins and super high losses). You may be surprise to
find that he/she may kick your butt in the game, but chooses to
quit the game before the game is over to purposely earn himself/herself a
loss. The purpose is to bruise the oponents ego. Since battle.net
records equate to jacksquat, a win that does not show on record is still a
win. I find that these people are often expert players looking to play
average players with inflated egos.

HaydonIV

Brian Graff

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
I know a guy who is 0-500+ he kicks ass. Its hilarious to me. LOL.
I_Truly_Suck is his name.
Adrock-(DOH)
L. Chet <rico...@u.washington.edu> wrote in message

underdogs

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
Because otherwise they can't win....haha....I should know I am a faily
okay player and sometimes i play with newbies...but i let them now i'm
pretty good but once we played 2vs2 newbies...we all had average records
like 10 wins 15 losses.....one guy ha a record 65 wins 0 losses and
said he was a newbie....I laughed at him and of course booted him from
the game.....jeez how stupid do people think we are...

Tobias Reckhard (jester)

Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99
On Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:26:08 -0500, "Won S. Shin"
<wss...@fas.harvard.edu> wrote:

>How prevalent do you think fake newbies are? You know, good players who
>lure real newbies in for an easy win. Why do they get their jollies from
>doing something so stupid?

I don't understand it either, I think it's pretty cheap and very
immature. I think it's interesting to note, however, that this kind of
thing was started in Warcraft II days by Shlonglor and his buddies,
who seem to be demi-gods for some people. They called it smurfing and
Shlonglor's stated reason for it was because they couldn't find anyone
who wanted to play them. So they started picking on newbies and having
great fun 'smurfing' them, that's the name they gave it. He went on to
say how there quickly developed the habit of smurf-smurfing, great fun
he said. Yeah, and who's the one suffering from all this fun the
experienced are having? The newbie, of course. If it isn't the most
inconsiderate behaviour I've ever seen..

Tobias / jester

John Doe

Mar 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/3/99
But thanks to a new hack, you can play against a comp and it thinks you won.
If you have the lightspeed hack and the unit hack (both made by
Da_Wicked_One), you can kill the opponent in 1:40!!

Anyways....

underdogs wrote in message <36CDE900...@home.com>...

>Because otherwise they can't win....haha....I should know I am a faily
>okay player and sometimes i play with newbies...but i let them now i'm
>pretty good but once we played 2vs2 newbies...we all had average records
>like 10 wins 15 losses.....one guy ha a record 65 wins 0 losses and
>said he was a newbie....I laughed at him and of course booted him from
>the game.....jeez how stupid do people think we are...

DJSystem

Mar 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/3/99
John Doe wrote in message ...

>But thanks to a new hack, you can play against a comp and it thinks you
won.
>If you have the lightspeed hack and the unit hack (both made by
>Da_Wicked_One), you can kill the opponent in 1:40!!

Wow ! You're gonna feel really good after you 'won' huh ?

Klaas

Mar 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/6/99
Poisonsnak wrote:

> If you kill opponent in 1:40, you don't get a win for it
> need 2 minutes before game counts on your record
> sorry if the signature looks like crap, I don't know what to do about
> it.

Try changing it to:

Visit Poisonsnak's Power-Page at
http://underworld.fortunecity.com/boardgame/24/
which is under construction
Remove "NOSPAM" to reply (this is only for my fellow newsgroup
readers)

Anything would be better than that horrid mess you have, imho.

-Mike