#in-the-media-2021-09-09

1 view

no-e...@netyaroze-europe.com

Sep 9, 2021, 7:02:48 AM9/9/21
@Garcia#3676 - 2021-09-09 08:15
.....Attachment....unknown.png - 56250B
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/827676725533868062/885438329045254144/unknown.png
.....Attachment....
Hes in another server and asked him if he did anything with the yaroze hes pretty cool

@Garcia#3676 - 2021-09-09 08:17
Nick @ Pixar/ASWF/VES @meshula wrote:
@Garcia Yes indeed! I wrote my first hardware accelerated 3d engine on it, and then used that to get a job at Lucas, which led to rewriting the PS2 graphics stack at LucasArts into an engine called R2, which spun out a new engine called Ronin, that shipped The Force Unleashed. That Yaroze was like the key that opened the Doors of Durin I recently restored it and its on my vintage console rack now.
And I eventually wrote VU code that used an rsqrt and a pipelined Taylor series to normalize two vectors at once

Discord: netyaroze-europe
https://discord.gg/QjnKns8e38
Channel: #in-the-media
Date: 2021-09-09