#ny-games-demos-2021-07-17

1 view

no-e...@netyaroze-europe.com

Jul 17, 2021, 7:08:05 AM7/17/21
@Garcia#3676 - 2021-07-17 10:45
....Replying to....
Gobousei#7592
2021-06-28 16:40:28.164000
CW exes are regular PS-exes. That's why they fail to load from the OPSM menu.
....Replying to....

I tried loading CW exe's in all the emulators and hardware but I don't think they're regular "PS-X EXE" format.. they didn't load for me... I think it's a custom format which CW works with.
---------------

@Garcia#3676 - 2021-07-17 10:47
Looks like the official siocons has support for loading native PSX EXE files but I can't get it to work
---------------

@Garcia#3676 - 2021-07-17 10:51
> Subject: Re: Target management
> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 97 01:12:33 GMT
> From: Joel Sumner <sum...@metrowerks.com>
> Newsgroups: scea.yaroze.programming.codewarrior
>

> >What is going on with the .pse files. What are these puppies? The target
> >file under Target/MIPS Project is specified as a .pse file, yet .pxe files
> >are created as well and these are the playstation executables. Any
> >enlightenment?
>
> I think this is buried in the Targeting PlayStation manual somewhere around
> the description for the MIPS Linker Panel in the IDE. The .pse file is a
> combination of the executable code and the debug information (encapsulated in
> ELF/DWARF format in case you were wondering). This file is used by the
> debugger.
>
> The .pxe file is in the format PSX-EXE which is a Sony format for Playstation
> Executable files. This is the file which would go on a CD that the
> professionals create. This is just the program code without any debug symbols.
> The PlayStation Postlinker turns a .pse file into a .pxe file.
>
> For some reason, SIOCONS doesn't support PSX-EXE format, only ECOFF (which the
> GNU tools generate). Thus, you need to use PSComUtil to download the .pxe
> files. If I get a spare second, I'll post the PSX-EXE file format up
> somewhere. Is anyone interested in it?
>
> -Joel
---------------

@Garcia#3676 - 2021-07-17 10:52
A shame nobody was interested 😦
---------------

Discord: netyaroze-europe
https://discord.gg/QjnKns8e38
Channel: #ny-games-demos
Date: 2021-07-17

no-e...@netyaroze-europe.com

Jul 17, 2021, 12:05:12 PM7/17/21
@Garcia#3676 - 2021-07-17 11:37
ooh I found a cwpatch and it works! 🙂
~imilco (Peter Armstrong) ... I used his Cyclone back in the day on my clunky project!

> /* 08/07/01 Console app to patch Codewarrior PS-X EXE's to run on emulators etc,
> based on the code from Andrew Kieschnick's eco2exe. The patching adds two mips
> jump instructions at the end of the file, the first is an address in system
> memory, the second is the exe's start address. The first address is jumped to
> at the start of program execution, when it returns the original start address
> is executed. The pc0 and t_size values are altered accordingly */

I will add this to the NY patched PCSXR, probably tomorrow... and then migrate the patches to make a good yarexe program that works! lol