Google Grupper har inte längre stöd för nya Usenet-inlägg eller -prenumerationer. Historiskt innehåll förblir synligt.

yaroze help

5 visningar

Greg Cook

oläst,
8 sep. 1998 03:00:001998-09-08
till

Heya,

well im not lucky enough to have a net yaroze, however i do have a chipped
PSX and believe that basically thats all a net yaroze is, anyways i would
like to get hold of the software supplied with the net yaroze and if
possible a description of how it connects t o the pc.

if anyone can help on where i might find the software , and details on the
cable please email me.

Cheers

greg

Kevin

oläst,
8 sep. 1998 03:00:001998-09-08
till

You're kidding, right ?

Kevin

Ronni

oläst,
8 sep. 1998 03:00:001998-09-08
till
Greg Cook wrote:

> Heya,
>
> well im not lucky enough to have a net yaroze, however i do have a chipped
> PSX and believe that basically thats all a net yaroze is, anyways i would
> like to get hold of the software supplied with the net yaroze and if
> possible a description of how it connects t o the pc.
>
> if anyone can help on where i might find the software , and details on the
> cable please email me.
>
> Cheers
>
> greg

Hey,

softwarewise i cannot help (maybe searching the net a bit would...), but to
program the normal PSX the best way (IMHO) is to have an
ActionReplay/GameBuster Module an a PCLink ISA card in your PC. Then flash the
AR ROM with a something called "caetla" (also to be found on the net e.g.
http://napalm.intelinet.com/) and yup now you can upload (and more...) your
progs to the PSX.

Hope this helped a little.

bye.

Mark Smith

oläst,
9 sep. 1998 03:00:001998-09-09
till
Hello,

Well for starters the Yaroze isn't a "chipped" Playstation it can't play
foreign or copied CD's either.

What it is is a Playstation (coloured black) that comes with the GCC
compiler and libraries to get you going in writing programs for the
Playstation and a serial cable to connect the Yaroze to your home PC/Mac.

If you wish to development you can use the Action Replay cartidge from Datel
and their Comms card (provides a parallel interface to the back of the
Action Replay at about 1.5Mbit/s) and attach it all to your existing
Playstation.

Next you'd need to change the ROM in the Action Replay for one from K-Comm
called "Caetla" this can be gotten from http://napalm.intelinet.com/ and
seems to be free (though I'm not sure as their site is in Japanese)

Then you can find the GCC compiler for the Mips processor and get some free
libraries from http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown/2004/ny_e.htm and have a
go at coding.

... or, you can find a copy of the Yaroze SDK that is floating on the
internet *gasp*, of course you'd have to own up to Sony that you have their
SDK and pay them for it! :-)

... or, you can find Psy-q which is also floating around on the internet,
and of course you'd have to own up to SN Systems and pay for it.

Then you can write many little demos/games and be famous .... maybe :-)

A word of advise "READ EVERYTHING ON ALL THE DEVELOPMENTS SITES BEFORE
ASKING QUESTIONS!" Cause if you ask questions and the answer is allready
listed up, then people will not think very highly of you :-)

Oh yes, you do know how to code in 'C' don't you ?

Regards

Mark.
ma...@storagedirect.REMOVETHISBIT.com

Greg Cook wrote in message <90525237...@newsch.es.co.nz>...

Greg Cook

oläst,
10 sep. 1998 03:00:001998-09-10
till

thanks for the info.

just a few questions.

so this is the main conection to the PC? by getting that other program
"Caetla" (what does it re program the bios or rom or something?) i would
basically have the set up to connect and transfer information to and from
PSX.

>If you wish to development you can use the Action Replay cartidge from
Datel
>and their Comms card (provides a parallel interface to the back of the
>Action Replay at about 1.5Mbit/s) and attach it all to your existing
>Playstation.
>
>Next you'd need to change the ROM in the Action Replay for one from K-Comm
>called "Caetla" this can be gotten from http://napalm.intelinet.com/ and
>seems to be free (though I'm not sure as their site is in Japanese)

what exactly are SDK and Psy-q??

>... or, you can find a copy of the Yaroze SDK that is floating on the
>internet *gasp*, of course you'd have to own up to Sony that you have their
>SDK and pay them for it! :-)
>
>... or, you can find Psy-q which is also floating around on the internet,
>and of course you'd have to own up to SN Systems and pay for it.

anyways i have found some interesting things, which you might liek to
comment on.

firstly the dev kit for the yaroze. i can download that , whcih i assume is
important. also the boot cd, though im not totally sure of what that cd
does, i have found it. I assume the dev kit has the compiler in it, so i
believe that woul dbe everything needed to get going.

oh and yes i do knwo C, though im still learning it, the osx dev stuff is
mainly for the future, want to grab it while its still around.

anyways cheers for the info,

Greg

James bond

oläst,
10 sep. 1998 03:00:001998-09-10
till
I know a site that has the software email me if interested

> You're kidding, right ?
>
> Kevin

Who is ^^^^^^^ this poor fool???

wog...@my-dejanews.com

oläst,
21 sep. 1998 03:00:001998-09-21
till
In article <35f5a20...@158.152.254.68>,

ke...@reality-bytesX.demon.co.uk (Kevin) wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Sep 1998 22:42:18 +1200, "Greg Cook"
> <gj...@cantva.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
>

> >Heya,
> >
> >well im not lucky enough to have a net yaroze, however i do have a chipped
> >PSX and believe that basically thats all a net yaroze is, anyways i would
> >like to get hold of the software supplied with the net yaroze and if
> >possible a description of how it connects t o the pc.
> >
> >if anyone can help on where i might find the software , and details on the
> >cable please email me.

Stealing the Yaroze compiler is illegal software piracy and you deserve a
lawsuit from Sony if you do it.

wog...@my-dejanews.com

oläst,
22 sep. 1998 03:00:001998-09-22
till
In article <905356605.12389.0...@news.demon.co.uk>,

"Mark Smith" <ma...@storagedirect.REMOVETHISBIT.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Well for starters the Yaroze isn't a "chipped" Playstation it can't play
> foreign or copied CD's either.

Well, if you just look at the offical Net Yaroze FAQ from Sony, you will
see The Yaroze hardware offers no territorial lock-out, which means that
that it can play both PAL (Europe) and NTSC (Japan, U.S.) PlayStation discs.

You are right aboutthe copy bit, and everything else is correct, I'm just
nitpicking....

Robert Swan

oläst,
22 sep. 1998 03:00:001998-09-22
till
wog...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> Stealing the Yaroze compiler is illegal software piracy and you deserve a
> lawsuit from Sony if you do it.

Grins, you may find yourself in a minority with that view (although I
agree!). Having said that, sony should do something about people
offering 'backup' games first!

Rob

Kevin

oläst,
22 sep. 1998 03:00:001998-09-22
till
On Mon, 21 Sep 1998 13:27:28 GMT, wog...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

CAN I JUST POINT OUT THAT KEVIN DID NOT WRITE THE FOLLOWING BUT WROTE
WHAT WAS CONTAINED IN THE FIRST MESSAGE FROM
ke...@reality-bytesX.demon.co.uk (Kevin)

I DISAPROVE TOTALY OF SOFTWARE PRIACY, AS I'M HOPING TO ONE DAY MAKE A
LIVING AS A GAMES PROGRAMMER

Sorry for shouting, just wanted to make sure you all heard,

Kevin.

>> On Tue, 8 Sep 1998 22:42:18 +1200, "Greg Cook"
>> <gj...@cantva.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
>>

>> >Heya,
>> >
>> >well im not lucky enough to have a net yaroze, however i do have a chipped
>> >PSX and believe that basically thats all a net yaroze is, anyways i would
>> >like to get hold of the software supplied with the net yaroze and if
>> >possible a description of how it connects t o the pc.
>> >
>> >if anyone can help on where i might find the software , and details on the
>> >cable please email me.
>> >

>Stealing the Yaroze compiler is illegal software piracy and you deserve a
>lawsuit from Sony if you do it.

0 nya meddelanden