CD-R Games

Ths

Mar 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/22/99
Hi

Is it possible to play CD-R copies of playstations games without at Boot
Chip?

I have heard something about a Boot CD, but don't know if that is true.

Thanks alot for your time

Ths

Rikki Prince

Mar 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/22/99
From what I've heard you cannot use a boot disk, but I've heard of a
cartridge which plugs into the parallel port (like AR and X-plorer) which
lets you use import etc. without chipping. Dunno the truth in this, or where
to get it

Ths <thoma...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Mark Smith

Mar 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/24/99
AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.... ehem! Sorry.

I'd hoped all traces of the "Boot CD" had be removed from the face of the
internet, looks like some people are still claiming to have it, oh well.

The truth is that there is NO SUCH THING as a CD that will allow you to play
CD-Rs on an unchipped Playstation. The CD that 99.9% of the people claim to
have is in fact the CD that comes with the Net Yaroze, on it is the startup
software for the Net Yaroze and a few other utilities/libraries to enable a
Net Yarozer to get their software they have coded into their Yaroze machine
(it has to come down the serial cable because a Yaroze cannot read CD-Rs
either). I can guess that someone will reply to this saying "But it's a
cracked version!", well tough! The only thing "cracked" about it is the fact
is doesn't need the key card inserted into the memory slot to work.

However that all said, you can get an Action Replay clone with a bootleg
version of CAETLA inside that will make the "swap trick" easier to do (it
can stop the CD drive spinning and enable you to put a CD in safely), the
problem is the product is crap and the people who distribute it are
alledgedly thieves because the code inside is a hex edited version of CAETLA
(albeit an old version) which was produced by K-Comm and the CD stopping
feature was just an off shoot of the real purpose of CAETLA in allowing you
to download home grown programs into your Playstation.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Mark