money cheats !!!

Bubum

Jul 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/15/99
Hi !!!

Can somebody please send me money cheats ?
PLEASE !!!

Thanks :-))

bye, Bubu

Send me back !!! :-)
e-mail: bu...@magnet.at

rb...@earthlink.net

Jul 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/15/99

Bubum,

Unfortunately, there is no money cheat per sey. However, there are a
couple of things you can do to get around this whole situation, but they
take a couple of steps on your part to do:

1) First off, IF you know how to hex edit and have one available, do the
following:

The file that needs to be modified is the SIMINIT.DLL file, which is
located in the game directory for SimCity 3000.

This file contains a number of initial values for the cities. However,
the values you need to worry about are in dual locations it seems - by
this I mean that you need to change the same value in 2 locations to
have it take effect.

The problem becomes when you install the 1.1 patch - the locations
change because this file, as well as others, are replaced with new ones
during the patching process.

So what you need to look for and the locations found are:

Version 1.0 Version 1.1

50 C3 EDCD F1F1
20 4E EEBF F2E3
10 27 EFB1 F3D5
10 27 1020D 10625
20 4E 1022B 10643
50 C3 10237 1064F

The 50 C3 locations are for easy, the 20 4E locations are for medium,
the 10 27 locations are for hard. I am using the US version of the game,
so the addresses I have given are for that version (a different version,
such as German or Spanish for example, may have them located in
different locations in the file) - what you want to do is to use a hex
editor and search for the values you want to change, such as 50 C3. This
value will only be found 2 times in the file, so you would change this
value to any thing you wish in both locations, making the value the same
in each, and then save the file after editing.

To explain the values, C3 50 is the hex value for 50,000; however, the
values are stored in reverse value in the file, so they are stored as 50
C3 and that is the value you would look for. The same is true for the
other values (4E 20 is 20,000 and 27 10 is 10,000). Each location has 4
bytes available for a value, so you could technically set all the bytes
to FF FF FF FF, but that would get you in trouble, if Maxis has done in
SC3K like they did in SC2K, which I am sure they did.

So if you changed 50 C3 00 to 56 34 12, you would start an easy game
with 1,193,046 instead of the normal 50,000. Again, you would need to
change BOTH locations in the file to 56 34 12 (or whatever value you
have decided on) to have this work.

Now, anytime you start a city, your city will start with the amount of
money you have changed to in the respective locations I have given
above.

2) Now, how do you go about getting money for existing cities??? First
off, save your city that you want to change your money for. Then, if you
want to go back to it later as you saved it originally, copy the city
file to the terrains subdirectory, or just plain move it directly to the
terrains subdirectory - in either case, change the extension from SC3 to
SCT. This now becomes a terrain instead of an existing city, only
everything is kept as you left it when you saved the game. That is how
some of the terrains, such as for chicago and others, when you start a
city using these terrains, already have items located in your city when
you start. Now, when you start your "new" city, it will be as if it was
a brand new city and give your city the same funds as if it were a brand
new city like I showed above.

Even if you never change the locations in siminit.dll, when you start
your "new" city, using this technique, it will have $50,000 like a brand
new city like you get when starting with a brand new city - only
everything will be as it was when you saved it originally plus all the
cash of a brand new city.

Hopefully, this information is clear to you; if not, let me know.

Till later,

Ralph

James Bond

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99

rb...@earthlink.net wrote in message <378E73...@earthlink.net>...

>Bubum wrote:
>>
>> Hi !!!
>>
>> Can somebody please send me money cheats ?
>> PLEASE !!!
>>
>> Thanks :-))
>>
>> bye, Bubu
>>
>> Send me back !!! :-)
>> e-mail: bu...@magnet.at
>
>Bubum,
>
>Unfortunately, there is no money cheat per sey

<snip>

Isn't there a money trainer that will give alot of money? I don't remember
the site where you can download it from.

Charles Hay

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
Ya wanna money cheat I'll give you your... er... alternative.
CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+C opens a wee window, in that type I am weak
Thrills! Everything is free
Try www.happypuppy.com for a load more cheats for, yep SK3!

Chay speaks to you from on high

Dan Ros

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
In <378E73...@earthlink.net>, rb...@earthlink.net wrote...

>Unfortunately, there is no money cheat per sey. However, there are a
>couple of things you can do to get around this whole situation, but they
>take a couple of steps on your part to do:

<etc>

Well I did that and I would think that inexperienced users wouldnt be
able to figure it out.

Why not post your copy of siminit.dll on a webpage somewhere?

Dan Ros

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
In <3793377F...@cs.adelaide.edu.au>, Darren Webb
<dar...@cs.adelaide.edu.au> wrote...
>Hi
>
>Sorry if I've missed the point, but why don't you just
>use the 'i am weak' code so everything is free?
>See http://www.game-revolution.com/games/codes/pc/simcity_3000.htm
>at Game Revolution for details.

That would just ruin all the fun though!
Having a million dollars to play with is far more realistic.

Darren Webb

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
Hi

Sorry if I've missed the point, but why don't you just
use the 'i am weak' code so everything is free?
See http://www.game-revolution.com/games/codes/pc/simcity_3000.htm
at Game Revolution for details.

Regards,
Darren

--
Darren Webb Department of Computer Science,
Research Student The University of Adelaide

-- The Funk Soul Brother, Check It Out Now! --

rb...@earthlink.net

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
Dan Ros wrote:

> In <378E73...@earthlink.net>, rb...@earthlink.net wrote...
> >
> >Unfortunately, there is no money cheat per sey. However, there are a
> >couple of things you can do to get around this whole situation, but they
> >take a couple of steps on your part to do:
>
> <etc>
>
> Well I did that and I would think that inexperienced users wouldnt be
> able to figure it out.
>
> Why not post your copy of siminit.dll on a webpage somewhere?

Dan,

Like I said, you have to know how to hex edit to do this - I have a
program that will do it for you, any value you want, BUT it only works
with the 1.0 version of the game; if you install the 1.1 patch, the
program does not work, which is how I found that the patch replaces the
siminit.dll.

Found a very nice hex editor called AXE which works very nice to be able
to do hex editing. I found it on either ZD net or PC World file download
areas.

Since I do not have a web site available, that idea is not feasable. And
it seems that you can not post binary files to the newsgroups, at least
this one, so I can not even upload my version of siminit.dll.

And you can always just do the terrain trick with your saved city -
rename it with a SCT extension, move it to the terrain directory, start
the game, use your "terrain" for a city, and your city now has instant
$50,000.

I guess a couple of the cheat codes come close, such as "i am weak"
which changes so much of the items to no cost at all to do them. BUT no
real money cheat in the game, unfortunately.

Ralph

A. Macpherson

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99
You can also use a copy of Borland Resourse Workshop, it comes free when
you buy any one of their programming languages (thats what i use)
though it is more complex then your average hex editor