[SFA2]Juggling after CC's

HyprFyter

Jul 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/28/97

Hey, here's a little trick or feature that I found while messing
around with A2 the other day(I don't care much for III, sue me :).
It seems kinda silly even mentioning it now, since A2's time has long
past, but I guess it doesn't hurt just to know about it. Anyways, I'm
going to give an example of how the trick can be used and then explain
how it works.

For this example, let's say I'm playing a character with good juggling
potential like Sagat. Ok, I manage to land a CC on my opponent and
do, let's say a few RH Tiger Knee's ended with a Fierce Tiger
Uppercut. My opponent lands, decides not to roll and is getting up
next to me. My opponent then attempts a reversal, as I go for a
simple sweep. They happen to mistime the reversal and get hit by the
sweep. Suddenly they are knocked or "launched" way up in the
air(much higher than should be with a normal knockdown) and I then
juggle them with a Fierce Tiger Uppercut.

Before I explain how this particular example works, I going to mention
another interesting feature about CC's. Now as some of you know that
when doing CC's, the last move that you do just before your Custom
meter runs out will sometimes knock your opponent way up in the air,
much higher than a normal knockdown. Just about any normal move done
just before the meter runs out will produce this effect, allowing you
to follow up with juggling move after the CC ends. The restriction of
this is that your opponent must remain on their feet during the CC
until the final move launches them in the air. In other words you
have to do all non-knockdown moves until that last move done just
before the CC ends. So basically with Ryu vs. someone in the corner,
you could start a CC, throw a bunch of FB's(jab, or strong since his
fierce red FB knocksdown) do a crouching RH just before the meter
runs out(which will launch), and then juggle with a normal jumping
strong for 2 extra hits. Certain special moves done just a before a
non-juggling CC ends, will also produce this launch effect. So in the
Ryu example I could have done a Jab DP in place of the crouching RH
and juggled with strong for 1 extra hit. There are actually quite a
few normal and special moves that will produce the launch effect, but
it really only benifits characters with good juggling capability. Ok,
this is all fine and good but the problem is you're not going to doing
many CC's that don't involve knocking the other person in ther air
before the final hit of the CC...

Which brings me back to my original Sagat example. It is possible to
produce a launch after _any_ type of CC that knocksdown and _after_
the other character has landed on the ground. In my example I stated
the other person attempted a reversal while I did the sweep with
Sagat, well this is crucial for producing the launch effect when the
other person gets up after a getting hit by a CC. My theory is that
apparently a 'counter' look-up table does indeed exist in A2, since a
failed reversal attempt is the only type of situation I could get the
trick to work in. The move you counter can be any type of move
actually...as long as they press a button while they are getting up
just as you do a knockdown move and your move wins, it will launch
them in the air.

So again this feature only really benifits characters that can juggle
with a move after the launch ie. Sagat, Adon, Chun, Sakura, possibly
Guy, and especially Akuma. Good thing is, if you do get the launch,
you're not limited to juggling on the way up, just like in a CC, you
can wait just before the other character lands and stilll juggle them.
Another interesting thing is that the feature is repeatable :), lets
say in my Sagat example that my opponent decides to attempt another
reversal and once again fails, well once again my sweep launches them
in the air and I can followup with another Fierce Tiger Uppercut(as
long as I keep scoring a 'counter' they will keep being lauched.

Well, that's about all I have to report on it for now, and I'll
probably mess around with it a little more to see if I find anything
else interesting. Hey, something has to pass the time till A3 :)

Rahmon Omar DeLoney_...@norfolk.infi.net