Guile Questions

8 views
Skip to first unread message

Observer

unread,
Apr 28, 2003, 2:20:37 PM4/28/03
to
I've always wondered about a few secrets that I never discovered while
playing sf2 back in the day...

The one secret that always perplexed me the most was guile's knifing trick
that kills a player in one hit.

I've only seen it happen once (happened to me at a nickel arcade a good
decade ago), and I begged the person to tell me how it was done -- to no
avail ;)

Anyways, quite a bit of time has passed and I figured this stuff would be
public by now. Unfortunately, I've read a few FAQ's today without so much
as a peep about this maneuver.

I've always been curious about how other charachters escape from guile's
handcuffs as well.

Thanks in advance


Ethan Hammond

unread,
Apr 28, 2003, 7:24:21 PM4/28/03
to
"Observer" <just...@msn.com> wrote in message

>
> I've always wondered about a few secrets that I never discovered while
> playing sf2 back in the day...
>
> The one secret that always perplexed me the most was guile's knifing trick
> that kills a player in one hit.
>
> I've only seen it happen once (happened to me at a nickel arcade a good
> decade ago), and I begged the person to tell me how it was done -- to no
> avail ;)

Hmmm. I don't know about that one.

> Anyways, quite a bit of time has passed and I figured this stuff would be
> public by now. Unfortunately, I've read a few FAQ's today without so much
> as a peep about this maneuver.
>
> I've always been curious about how other charachters escape from guile's
> handcuffs as well.

From what I remember he didn't really handcuff them it was just a glitch
where
he made it so they couldn't move. Like his all purpose throw and Chun Li's
braclet.

--
All Purpose Cultural Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html


Tempora

unread,
Apr 28, 2003, 9:44:40 PM4/28/03
to
"Ethan Hammond" <esha...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:FKira.129756$ja4.5...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

> "Observer" <just...@msn.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I've always wondered about a few secrets that I never discovered while
> > playing sf2 back in the day...
> >
> > The one secret that always perplexed me the most was guile's knifing
trick
> > that kills a player in one hit.
> >
> > I've only seen it happen once (happened to me at a nickel arcade a good
> > decade ago), and I begged the person to tell me how it was done -- to no
> > avail ;)
>
> Hmmm. I don't know about that one.
>
> > Anyways, quite a bit of time has passed and I figured this stuff would
be
> > public by now. Unfortunately, I've read a few FAQ's today without so
much
> > as a peep about this maneuver.
> >
> > I've always been curious about how other charachters escape from guile's
> > handcuffs as well.
>
> From what I remember he didn't really handcuff them it was just a glitch
> where
> he made it so they couldn't move.

It has something to do with doing a Somersault Kick and a throw at the same
time or something like
that causes the hardware to lock up. At lock up time, Guile is in his
about-to-flip-jump frame.
You cannot do this glitch in an emulator as it was a hardware glitch
according to the author of Callus.

Ethan Hammond

unread,
Apr 29, 2003, 2:27:27 AM4/29/03
to
"Tempora" <tempora_@&^*%*^*(&1hotmail.com> wrote in message

>
> > > I've always been curious about how other charachters escape from
guile's
> > > handcuffs as well.
> >
> > From what I remember he didn't really handcuff them it was just a glitch
> > where
> > he made it so they couldn't move.
>
> It has something to do with doing a Somersault Kick and a throw at the
same
> time or something like
> that causes the hardware to lock up. At lock up time, Guile is in his
> about-to-flip-jump frame.
> You cannot do this glitch in an emulator as it was a hardware glitch
> according to the author of Callus.

And then you had to restart the machine, YAY!!!!

Weird, wild, stuff.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages