Resident evil gun survivor, Japanese vs American

harkness

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
Hey all. I love the Resident Evil series. I've heard a ton of bad things
about the gun survivor game. However, I also love gun games. I know that
they dropped the gun stuff for the American release. How exactly does the
game work for the American release, does it sorta work like House of the
Dead? (on a track, or with very little ability to move around) or is it more
like quake, in that you have full 3d movement? I assume you use the
controller to move a gun sight around the screen to shoot at things in the
American release. Has anyone played the Japanese version with the light gun?
Is that any better (considering I like House of the Dead)?

Harknell

(-= dj deity =-)

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
Well,

First of all... The GUNCON support for Survivor would make it a HORRID and
terribly difficult game. Like Dr. birkin said a while ago, I believe the
game is better off without it. You walk around with the controller, and when
you need to shoot, you hold down R1 (which makes a crosshair appear) and you
point the crosshair at the target. The gameplay (in my opinion) was okay,
but it gets a little bit boring after a while ... However, this is an awsome
approach at resident evil on PSX...

(-= dj deity =-)

"harkness" <Hark...@missedout.com> wrote in message

Dr.Birkin

Oct 10, 2000, 2:58:06 AM10/10/00
It has a sort of auto aim function that helps alot. It plays kind of like
Quake and considering the movement nesecary I'd say Guncon control would be
difficult at best. The overseas reviewers disliked the game and I think that
may be why. If you like shooters pick it up.

If you are going to import I'd suggest getting the PAL version if possible.
I'm told it's better.