Palisades: New U.S. Resident Evil figures and statues

Veronesis

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
http://www.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=4902&domain=figure
s.com&dom=fig&domain_id=4

Palisades, the company who has created quite a buzz with one new product
announcement after another, have announced that they have acquired the rights
to produce new action figures based on one of the most popular horror video
game series of all time… Resident Evil, from Capcom. In addition to action
figures, they will be making smaller scale PVC figures, resin statues, and they
will continue to produce vinyl statues. They have the first two of those vinyl
statues, Nemesis and Jill Valentine, slated for a late fall release.
Which game will the new action figures be based on? “Well, all of the first
four, actually”, says Mike Horn, President of Palisades. “We have the rights to
the first game all the way through Code Veronica. So we’ll start with some
characters from the last two games and work our way back…do some retro stuff.”
That first line includes Nemesis and Jill from Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and
also two figures from Code Veronica: Nosferatu, a multi-tentacled boss enemy,
and a Soldier Zombie with Zombie Dog.
According to Ken Lilly, Palisades’ Director of Product Development, the figures
from this new series promise to be awesome. “Nemesis is going to be articulated
with at least fourteen points, probably more, and the rest of the line will
have the same level of attention to detailed sculpting and articulation.” The
first series scale is slightly larger than a six-inch scale. This puts Nemesis
at about 9 inches tall! The second and third series will include both classic
and current characters and monsters.
“All you have to do is look at the popularity of these games and the coolness
of the possibilities to gauge the level of excitement over this license,”
explains Horn. “We have some pretty rabid Resident Evil fans in the office and
they are going nuts over the stuff we have planned.” To see concept sketches
for Series One, take a look at the images attached. Expect Resident Evil Series
One to become available in early 2001, with Series Two and Three scheduled for
summer and late fall.
Palisades licensed Resident Evil through Dan Kletzky at Entertainment Licensing
Associates, the American licensing agent for Capcom.

Veronesis Labs: custom action figures archives
http://members.xoom.com/veronesis/veronesis_labs.htm