Director of RE Movie Responds to Internet Criticism

Bongo

Jul 15, 2001, 4:30:17 AM7/15/01
If you're interested in the RE movie, I highly recommend you check out
the interview with its director in the new issue of the game mag, Next
Gen. To me its mostly good news. I was griping as loudly as anyone about
the movie but now I'm very optimistic.

The first reports that we got on the movie gave us the impression that
the only thing it had in common with the games is the title. An early
description claimed that the zombies in the movie were created by a
super computer. We didn't hear any mention of Umbrella, the T Virus or
ANYTHING that had to do with the RE games.

It turns out that Paul Anderson is striving to make the movie loyal
to the games. Although its a prequel to RE1, he's treating it as an
official chapter in the RE series. Supposedly there will be some
crossover between the movie and Gamecube's "Resident Evil Zero". The
"super computer" as it turns out does not create the zombies. It is
merely an automated security system of the Umbrella lab in the movie.
Yes, Umbrella is the foe and not only that, the zombies are the result
of the T virus. Another connection to the game is that it is set in a
mansion above located above an underground Umbrella lab. The team
infiltrating the lab is our old favorite STARS. The article say that
some of the same creatures from the games will be in the movie.
Furthermore, they say they are trying to have the sets look very much
like the game. Quote: "You'll see the architecture and you'll be amazed
at the accuracy. Even the front of the train is label 'Alexi 5000',
straight from the train in RE2" (I'm confused. If this is supposed to be
a different Umbrella lab why would it look identical to the locations in
the games we've played. Well who cares ... at least they are using the
games as a model.)

Anderson say that he has heard the criticism of his movie on the Net
and about the fans' petition to have it canned. He defends himself but
I don't think he understands that those early complaints were based on
info suggesting the movie had NO connection to the games. Now that I
see that isn't true and I'm very optimistic. By the way the article says
it due out in summer of 2002. There's more to it to that. Check out
Next Gen for the whole story.

-B O N G O

Computer Whizz

Jul 15, 2001, 9:30:46 AM7/15/01

Bongo <g...@pacificnet.net> wrote in message

> If you're interested in the RE movie, I highly recommend you check out
> the interview with its director in the new issue of the game mag, Next
> Gen. To me its mostly good news. I was griping as loudly as anyone about
> the movie but now I'm very optimistic.
>
> The first reports that we got on the movie gave us the impression that
> the only thing it had in common with the games is the title. An early
> description claimed that the zombies in the movie were created by a
> super computer. We didn't hear any mention of Umbrella, the T Virus or
> ANYTHING that had to do with the RE games.
>
> It turns out that Paul Anderson is striving to make the movie loyal
> to the games. Although its a prequel to RE1, he's treating it as an
> official chapter in the RE series. Supposedly there will be some
> crossover between the movie and Gamecube's "Resident Evil Zero". The
> "super computer" as it turns out does not create the zombies. It is
> merely an automated security system of the Umbrella lab in the movie.
> Yes, Umbrella is the foe and not only that, the zombies are the result
> of the T virus. Another connection to the game is that it is set in a
> mansion above located above an underground Umbrella lab. The team
> infiltrating the lab is our old favorite STARS. The article say that
> some of the same creatures from the games will be in the movie.
> Furthermore, they say they are trying to have the sets look very much
> like the game. Quote: "You'll see the architecture and you'll be amazed
> at the accuracy. Even the front of the train is label 'Alexi 5000',

Well, it's "Galaxie 5000", I'm not sure if there's a dash or something there
but I KNOW it's Galaxie 5000...... I told you!!!! I'm an RE2 MASTERMIND!!!

> straight from the train in RE2" (I'm confused. If this is supposed to be
> a different Umbrella lab why would it look identical to the locations in
> the games we've played. Well who cares ... at least they are using the
> games as a model.)
>
> Anderson say that he has heard the criticism of his movie on the Net
> and about the fans' petition to have it canned. He defends himself but
> I don't think he understands that those early complaints were based on
> info suggesting the movie had NO connection to the games. Now that I
> see that isn't true and I'm very optimistic. By the way the article says
> it due out in summer of 2002. There's more to it to that. Check out
> Next Gen for the whole story.
>
> -B O N G O

I don't like the idea of a prequal........ especially since, the T-Virus is
the first mention of any Virus.......... it escaped from the mansion,
nowhere else! If it was released before then someone would know about it!
There is only one S.T.A.R.S. team, well two, but it's ONLY for Raccoon PD!
If this incident would have happened before someone in S.T.A.R.S. would have
filed it and made a complaint, just like Chris, Barry, Jill and Rebecca did!

I think they should have explained and furthered the already established
storyline! Take what is unknown and show it to us..... How did Wesker
escape? How did Ada survive? What happened to Leon, Claire and Sherry after
they left the lab? What happened to Chris? What happened to Jill, Carlos and
(supposedly) Barry? All these questions would have been "better" IMO for the
movie to be about!

I will go and see it, but until then, my hope's aren't high at all!

--
**Comp' Whizz**
(\\Smartie-Lid Collector//)

Rob McGregor

Jul 15, 2001, 9:46:23 AM7/15/01
Computer Whizz wrote:

> Bongo <g...@pacificnet.net> wrote in message

> > Furthermore, they say they are trying to have the sets look very much
> > like the game. Quote: "You'll see the architecture and you'll be amazed
> > at the accuracy. Even the front of the train is label 'Alexi 5000',
>
> Well, it's "Galaxie 5000", I'm not sure if there's a dash or something there
> but I KNOW it's Galaxie 5000...... I told you!!!! I'm an RE2 MASTERMIND!!!

LOL.... look at that accuracy.

Computer Whizz

Jul 15, 2001, 11:03:15 AM7/15/01

Rob McGregor <rom...@new-blood.com> wrote in message

:) hahahaha.....
Well, he did say Alexi..... pretty close to Galaxie-5000...... and the G is
red!
but then again I know too much RE2!

Gokuu-kun (Jim = Dr. Diabolical)

Jul 15, 2001, 3:17:11 PM7/15/01
<< I don't like the idea of a prequal........ especially since, the T-Virus
is the first mention of any Virus.......... it escaped from the mansion,
nowhere else! If it was released before then someone would know about it!
There is only one S.T.A.R.S. team, well two, but it's ONLY for Raccoon PD!
If this incident would have happened before someone in S.T.A.R.S. would have
filed it and made a complaint, just like Chris, Barry, Jill and Rebecca did!

We do not need a redo of the game. We need different stuff. So drop it.

<< I think they should have explained and furthered the already established
storyline! Take what is unknown and show it to us..... How did Wesker
escape? How did Ada survive? What happened to Leon, Claire and Sherry after
they left the lab? What happened to Chris? What happened to Jill, Carlos and
(supposedly) Barry? All these questions would have been "better" IMO for the
movie to be about! >>

All of those questions will be better for Capcom itself to answer.

OK now people, I'm gonna rant here. The Resident Evil movie is DONE.
Shooting is over. It's coming out in less than a year. They are not gonna
can it, they are not going to re-shoot it, so you might as well stop your
bitching because it is done. No petitions are gonna stop it, nothing. If you
think it is going to suck, don't see it. Just forget it ever existed, but I
have faith in Paul Anderson. I believe he is going to do a good job with the
movie, or as best as he can. He would not of done a very good job if he had
to stick to the same exact script as RE1, and he wouldn't have. You people
would freak out and say "THE MOVIE ISN'T AT ALL LIKE THE GAME!" and bitch
and bitch. So either way, you wouldn't of been happy because you want an
exact redo of the game. Hell, why not record someone playing RE1 and put it
on the movie screen? That seems to be the only thing to keep you guys happy.
Now I know I will get flames for this, but it is true. You CANNOT have your
way all of the time, so if you don't like how Anderson and the screenwriters
are doing the movie, no HAVE DONE the movie, stay in your cave and play RE
so you can see, in your eyes, how RE really should be as a movie.
Anyway, it doesn't matter, it will probably suck and bomb like all of the
other video game movies.

- Gokuu-kun

Pure Evil

Jul 15, 2001, 4:35:08 PM7/15/01

An easy way to remember the name is an anime movie called "Galaxy Train Express
999" which is probably
where they got the name from. Although Galaxy is spelled differently in
Resident Evil 2(Galaxie).

Pure Evil

Jul 15, 2001, 4:41:25 PM7/15/01

> << OK now people, I'm gonna rant here. The Resident Evil movie is DONE.
> Shooting is over. It's coming out in less than a year. They are not gonna
> can it, they are not going to re-shoot it, so you might as well stop your
> bitching because it is done. >>

The movie is still in production. It does not take less than a half of a year to

create a movie unless your making a chessy, 60 minutes, low budget movie (sounds
like
Resident Evil Ground Zero j/k).
Plus they still have to do the editing, special effects, and the music score.

> << Anyway, it doesn't matter, it will probably suck and bomb like all of the
> other video game movies. >>

There's other video game movies that didn't bomb such as Mortal Kombat,
Tomb Raider, and Final Fantasy. So keep your pants on and hope that
Resident Evil will get a sequel...then again, sequel sucks.

XAOS

Jul 15, 2001, 5:08:52 PM7/15/01
"Pure Evil" <cyber...@home.com> wrote in message

> > << OK now people, I'm gonna rant here. The Resident Evil movie is DONE.
> > Shooting is over. It's coming out in less than a year. They are not
gonna
> > can it, they are not going to re-shoot it, so you might as well stop
your
> > bitching because it is done. >>
>
> The movie is still in production. It does not take less than a half of a
year to

> create a movie unless your making a chessy, 60 minutes, low budget movie
(sounds
> like
> Resident Evil Ground Zero j/k).
> Plus they still have to do the editing, special effects, and the music
score.

Shooting on the movie is wrapped. It is in post last I heard. Just because a
movie is complete doesn't mean it will be in theaters immediately. For
instance, Supernova sat completely finished for a number of years before it
was released. Of course, after seeing it, I can understand why. But there
are a lot of marketing factors that go into decisions of when to release a
movie.

- ramblin' Steve

Computer Whizz

Jul 15, 2001, 8:01:47 PM7/15/01

Gokuu-kun (Jim = Dr. Diabolical) <songo...@mindspring.com> wrote in
message news:9isqg2$u1h$1...@slb6.atl.mindspring.net...

ok.. calm down!
I didn't state "I think it should copy RE exactly!", but I certainly don't
think they should be following the storyline they are now! A PREQUAL FOR
F*CK'S SAKE!!!! They should instead, as I have said numerous times, further
the storyline and answer some questions at the same time! It would be both
easier and more comfortable! It wouldn't matter if it's about a character
already since it wouldn't be predictable (in Anderson's words!) because it
would be an entirely different story. And the way he's screwed up the story
line!!!!

Alice a member of S.T.A.R.S. !!!???? WTF!!! That story *could* be
better........ I know the movie's situation, and I disagree with you saying
"if you don't think the movies gonna be good then you shouldn't watch it and
stay in your cave.".... it shouldn't matter if you think it's gonna be crap
or not! You should give EVERY movie a chance because every person has
different views and things turn out differently! Now I won't say I'm
disappointed from what I've heard but then again I might go into the ODEON
and come out 1-2 hours later a changed man, willing to part with my money
several times to see the movie over and over again! I won't get my hopes up,
but if it turns out good........ then I'll be totally blown away and want to
see it more than once.

Zathras

Jul 16, 2001, 11:56:38 AM7/16/01
Bongo <g...@pacificnet.net> wrote in news:3B515489...@pacificnet.net:

I read this too in the UK magazine, Edge. It also states that Anderson
spent a couple of months playing through Res Evil: Directors Cut, which he
enjoyed immensely. Based on that, I have hopes that he will get the
atmosphere and tension just right. Also, Alice, who was originally called
"the zombie killer", or some such crap, is actually a worker in the lab,
when the T-Virus is leaked. So we will get to see the initial outbreak, and
how the scientists start getting infected. Itchy. Tasty.

The Fun Lovin Criminal

Jul 16, 2001, 3:12:05 PM7/16/01
Before the petition came out and reports were just surfacing about the film it
DID NOT have anything to do with the games except for the name. We DID!! change
it. Their have been plot tweeks to fit things in. I've seen an interview with
michelle rodriguiez were she says that. The computer was the thing that
originally made the virus in the film.

Also I don't give a shit about the name on a fuckin train, I'd rather see Chris
Redfield in it.

~~The Fun Lovin' Criminal~~

(-= expald =-)

Jul 17, 2001, 3:32:17 AM7/17/01

> I don't like the idea of a prequal........ especially since, the T-Virus
is
> the first mention of any Virus.......... it escaped from the mansion,
> nowhere else! If it was released before then someone would know about it!
> There is only one S.T.A.R.S. team, well two, but it's ONLY for Raccoon PD!
> If this incident would have happened before someone in S.T.A.R.S. would
have
> filed it and made a complaint, just like Chris, Barry, Jill and Rebecca
did!

> I think they should have explained and furthered the already established
> storyline! Take what is unknown and show it to us..... How did Wesker
> escape? How did Ada survive? What happened to Leon, Claire and Sherry
after
> they left the lab? What happened to Chris? What happened to Jill, Carlos
and
> (supposedly) Barry? All these questions would have been "better" IMO for
the
> movie to be about!
>
> I will go and see it, but until then, my hope's aren't high at all!

Well, I don't agree with you at all. They have to hit the general audiences
too, not
just fans. So, they will start out with a pre-quel to let everyone know
exactly what
is going on...

(-= ex =-)

PS: Who know's .. maybe it'll tell US something ..

(-= expald =-)

Jul 17, 2001, 3:35:01 AM7/17/01
I'm glad someone else understands how I feel... and worded it out perfectly.
Some people are such dumbasses in here and refuse to understand how retarded
their ideas are.

(-= ex =-)

"Gokuu-kun (Jim = Dr. Diabolical)" <songo...@mindspring.com> wrote in
message news:9isqg2$u1h$1...@slb6.atl.mindspring.net...

(-= expald =-)

Jul 17, 2001, 3:37:40 AM7/17/01
In fact .. I've heard that the entire cast/crew has spent many hours playing
Resident Evil to understand what they are dealing with. They aren't
dumbasses.

(-= ex =-)

"Zathras" <chris....@btinternetNOSPAM.com> wrote in message

Bongo

Jul 17, 2001, 7:39:14 AM7/17/01
Zathras wrote:

> I read this too in the UK magazine, Edge. It also states that Anderson
> spent a couple of months playing through Res Evil: Directors Cut, which he
> enjoyed immensely.

"Next Gen" says he spent 6 months playing RE1. I hope that doesn't mean it
took him 6 months to beat it the first time!

Anyway, that's a good sign and I'm still trying to be optimistic about the
movie. At least I hope it does not contradict info from the games (as Romero's
script would have.)

Bongo

Jul 17, 2001, 7:41:51 AM7/17/01
The Fun Lovin Criminal wrote:

> Before the petition came out and reports were just surfacing about the film it
> DID NOT have anything to do with the games except for the name. We DID!! change
> it. Their have been plot tweeks to fit things in. I've seen an interview with
> michelle rodriguiez were she says that. The computer was the thing that
> originally made the virus in the film.

We'll that would be nice to think WE changed the movie for the better but I
think more likely it was the folks at Capcom. Supposedly, they saw the final
script and made some changes.

thomas Jardine

Jul 17, 2001, 5:46:01 PM7/17/01
Personally, I think that most individuals who like a series of books, or
games, or even comics or cartoons, want to see a movie bring their favorite
characters to life (so to speak), and thus sort of expect the first movie to
contain people (or a story line) they can identify with (Star Wars
immediately comes to mind). Then a 'prequel' would make more sense (it
might be like a Tomb Raider movie made with someone like Indiana Jones as
the star and no Lara Croft). Certainly it will be interesting to see if
they make a good movie, and watch it to see what the story is. 8-]}

Tom (the old guy)

"Bongo" <g...@pacificnet.net> wrote in message

Computer Whizz

Jul 17, 2001, 7:44:15 PM7/17/01

thomas Jardine <jjar...@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message

> Personally, I think that most individuals who like a series of books, or
> games, or even comics or cartoons, want to see a movie bring their
favorite
> characters to life (so to speak), and thus sort of expect the first movie
> contain people (or a story line) they can identify with (Star Wars
> immediately comes to mind). Then a 'prequel' would make more sense (it
> might be like a Tomb Raider movie made with someone like Indiana Jones as
> the star and no Lara Croft). Certainly it will be interesting to see if
> they make a good movie, and watch it to see what the story is. 8-]}
>
> Tom (the old guy)

EXACTLY!!!!
Finally...... a sensible point get's across!
The film should involve the characters otherwise there's no point
IMO........ it's EXACTLY like casting Tomb Raider without Lara Croft. Or the
Mario Bro's without the Mario Bro's!!!! The game MAKES the movie, the
atmosphere....... they didn't think about the fact of new people coming into
the storyline when they made these films!!! They are taken as well known!
I myself haven't played Tomb Raider for more than 10/15 minutes, I just get
so p*ssed off at the cr*ppy camera angle, and difficult handling system! I
then thrash my controller around and reset my PSX saying "that is the
second, and LAST time I play this F*cked-off demo" (and game once.... that
was even worse!!!).
I reckon the best way to do the beginning of the movie would be to do a RE2
type thing, giving a quick brief on the storyline so-far for the characters,
or the whole thing, THEN carry on, saying "After running into a zombie
infested town, and fighting some evil monsters created by the T (or
G)-Virus, Leon, Claire and Sherry escaped through the labs. Finding more
risk, and the loss of a kindred one, they escape on a train........ this is
their story....." and it shows the ending movie of RE2 where they fight
William and the train blows up, but this time with human people! Then it
carries in the story explaining stuff......

Crystal Dreamer

Jul 18, 2001, 8:56:43 AM7/18/01
*embarassed* It took me 8 hours to beat RE-DC the first time. I think my
best time is 3:10, I know, probably not good enough but hey, I don't have as
much time as I'd like to play the game, and I pay attention to detail!

--
-
~Crystal Dreamer~

Matrriix

Jul 18, 2001, 11:52:25 AM7/18/01
--*embarassed* It took me 8 hours to beat RE-DC the first time. --

That's not bad....the first time I played through RE1 my clock was at like 16
hours. I had non clue what I was doing. Afterwards, I played it nonstop and
beat it under 3 hours to get the rocket launcher.

My skills were much improved by the time I got Re2 and beat that the first
night in around 5 hours.

-Neo

Adam Smith

Jul 18, 2001, 5:46:59 PM7/18/01

"Matrriix" <matr...@aol.com> wrote in message

> --*embarassed* It took me 8 hours to beat RE-DC the first time. --
>
> That's not bad....the first time I played through RE1 my clock was at like
16
> hours. I had non clue what I was doing. Afterwards, I played it nonstop
and
> beat it under 3 hours to get the rocket launcher.

Mine was 12, non stop, very tired afterwards =) Spent a couple of hours
tring to figure out how to get the medals out of the doom books =) Tried
everything but opening them LOL

> My skills were much improved by the time I got Re2 and beat that the first
> night in around 5 hours.

Yeah I beat Leon A in 4 hours.

> -Neo

Computer Whizz

Jul 18, 2001, 8:49:51 PM7/18/01

Adam Smith <Adam...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

HA!
I beat RE2, first time I played RE, with cheats, in 7 and a half-ish hours!
:)
But it WAS my first time at an RE game, and it was practically my 5th game
for the playstation I had EVER played!!!
Other then that, I can complete it in a rather spiffy 1:29.27 for Leon A
(IIRC...... it *could* be 2:29:27, I think it could be the first though!).
Then again I do use cheats so cut away the time for the magnum and some
ammo, as well as most of the files and health stuff, some of the items as
well!
:)

Ammonite

Jul 19, 2001, 4:41:06 AM7/19/01

> But it WAS my first time at an RE game, and it was practically my 5th game
> for the playstation I had EVER played!!!
> Other then that, I can complete it in a rather spiffy 1:29.27 for Leon A
> (IIRC...... it *could* be 2:29:27, I think it could be the first though!).
> Then again I do use cheats so cut away the time for the magnum and some
> ammo, as well as most of the files and health stuff, some of the items as
> well!
> :)

More likely to be 1:29:27, especially with cheats. I've done Leon B (which
I think is longer) a couple of times (as part of getting Hunk) recently and
I did it in around 2:25:00 both times and these games weren't flawless by
any means, especially the block pushing bit =)

Come on C. Whizz, ya don't need cheats (!)

Ammonite
------------

Computer Whizz

Jul 19, 2001, 3:16:48 PM7/19/01

Ammonite <erep...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

hehehe, I just concentrate more on the actual game play, the storyline, and
the puzzles more than the weapons! That's really all I use the cheats for! I
love the puzzles in the RE series, they each give my brain a "5 minute
work-out".
I might be an RE2 genius, and know where all the items are, but I am by no
means a competent games player, my skills are with brains, not brawn.... :(

Bongo

Jul 22, 2001, 4:25:50 AM7/22/01
RE2 was the first I played in the series. I probably spent between 10 and 20
hours beating Leon's Scenario A the first time. And that was over a period of
two weeks...and with lots of saves. The controls were very confusing to me at
first and I kept getting killed before I could walk a few steps. Also, I'm very
fussy about exploring everything and killing everything the first time I play a
new RE game. And I solved all the puzzles on my own (not that they were very
challenging.) I think the biggest challenge sometimes is when you just get stuck
and wonder "now where am I suppose to go?"

-B O N G O

Computer Whizz

Jul 22, 2001, 4:57:21 PM7/22/01

> RE2 was the first I played in the series. I probably spent between 10
and 20
> hours beating Leon's Scenario A the first time. And that was over a period
of
> two weeks...and with lots of saves. The controls were very confusing to me
at
> first and I kept getting killed before I could walk a few steps. Also, I'm
very
> fussy about exploring everything and killing everything the first time I
play a
> new RE game. And I solved all the puzzles on my own (not that they were
very
> challenging.) I think the biggest challenge sometimes is when you just get
stuck
> and wonder "now where am I suppose to go?"
>
> -B O N G O

:) I got to one of those "What do I do now" moments..... but there was
something I didn't know!
In RE2, in the crow alleyway, I didn't see there was a further way to go.
You know when you come to the door and unlock it, I didn't know that there
was a way to go left :)
So I wandered for about 30-45 minutes ... HAHAHAHAAA!!

--
**Comp' Whizz**
(\\Smartie-Lid Collector//)
-- ICQ:72877360
You entered the mansion...
Where you thought it was safe...
But..

thomas Jardine

Jul 22, 2001, 9:36:06 PM7/22/01
Just a silly question, was the reason you didn't know about going to the
left has anything to do with something I've noticed in RE, that is, you can
make a running turn to the right, but not to the left. Has anyone else
found this, and do you think it is a bug?

Tom (the old guy)

"Computer Whizz" <old48...@ICQmail.com> wrote in message

Adam Smith

Jul 22, 2001, 10:30:06 PM7/22/01

> Just a silly question, was the reason you didn't know about going to the
> left has anything to do with something I've noticed in RE, that is, you
can
> make a running turn to the right, but not to the left. Has anyone else
> found this, and do you think it is a bug?

Nope I have no problem with that.

Computer Whizz

Jul 23, 2001, 2:14:47 PM7/23/01

> "thomas Jardine" <jjar...@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Just a silly question, was the reason you didn't know about going to the
> > left has anything to do with something I've noticed in RE, that is, you
> can
> > make a running turn to the right, but not to the left. Has anyone else
> > found this, and do you think it is a bug?
>
> Nope I have no problem with that.
>
> > Tom (the old guy)

Me neither! I just didn't notice that there was a way to go. It was only
while a friends was playing it, or I was just running down the left hand
wall (clicking on it) that the camera changed and I had a place to go :)

So you have a problem with the running left turn's huh?! That is weird!!
What do you play it on? PC or PSX?? Have you tried a different controller?

Saville

Jul 24, 2001, 3:40:34 PM7/24/01
On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:14:47 +0100, "Computer Whizz"
<old48...@ICQmail.com> said:

>Adam Smith <Adam...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>>
>> "thomas Jardine" <jjar...@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>> > Just a silly question, was the reason you didn't know about going to the
>> > left has anything to do with something I've noticed in RE, that is, you
>> can
>> > make a running turn to the right, but not to the left. Has anyone else
>> > found this, and do you think it is a bug?
>>
>> Nope I have no problem with that.
>>
>> > Tom (the old guy)
>> >

>Me neither! I just didn't notice that there was a way to go. It was only
>while a friends was playing it, or I was just running down the left hand
>wall (clicking on it) that the camera changed and I had a place to go :)
>
>So you have a problem with the running left turn's huh?! That is weird!!
>What do you play it on? PC or PSX?? Have you tried a different controller?

I remember having problems running left but that was due to the control pad
snapping in half under the casing. Only time i've broken a joy pad, No
matter how hard i try to bend a snes pad the bugger won't break.

--
Saville

"Chocolate biscuit, cup of tea. That's what Saville said to me."