Intellimouse: Quake or Not Quake?

Dan Lo

Mar 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/14/98

Hello all,

I am set to purchase a new mouse; has anyone used the Intellimouse
with Quake2? Is the wheel configurable? Is it worth it? Or should I
just settle for a nice Logitech?

Any comments would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Dan
da...@cc.gatech.edu

None of your business

Mar 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/14/98

My Intellimouse crapped out on me after about a month. I was able to
take it back to the store, and got a Logitech. BTW, I got the one
without the wheel. The Logitech Mouseman. It's a great mouse. Real
comfortable, and my aiming is even more dead on.

Oh, and pick up a Curtis Fas Trac mousepad if you don't have one. The
feel is much better than those rubber/cloth pads.

Now I only need Logitech eye implants, and I will be invincible!

---NoYB---
"If you don't mind,
It don't matter..."

Ray McCalla

Mar 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/14/98

I use one. You can roll the wheel up and down for functions, and also click it for a third button.
It works great

--
Ray McCalla ICQ 4061074
(Remove 'DELETETHIS' for E-Mail reply)

Chris Selby

Mar 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/14/98

and click roll too. In essence five new buttons.

McGurk

Mar 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/14/98

On Sat, 14 Mar 1998 07:33:49 GMT, da...@bellsouth.net (Dan Lo) wrote:

>I am set to purchase a new mouse; has anyone used the Intellimouse
>with Quake2? Is the wheel configurable? Is it worth it? Or should I
>just settle for a nice Logitech?

Works fine. The only advantage of the Logitech is that it has another
button... Intellimouse has 2 reg buttons, the wheel, and pushing the
wheel gives you mouse3. I think its the same for the logitech, and
there is a fourth button for the thumb...
Quake2 Master Server lists:

http://www.lithium.com/quake2/servers.html
http://www.warzone.com/q2servers/
http://www.vrgames.net/servers/quake2/quake2.html
http://www.telefragged.com/server_listing/quake2/
http://www.aphrodisiac.net/quake2/
http://www.gameaholic.com/servers/quake2.html
http://www.planetquake.com/q2servers/
http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Lagoon/4917/SERVERS.htm
http://plaza.v-wave.com/amplified/quake2/servers.htm
http://www.sburl.k12.vt.us/~emartin/q2serv.shtml

q...@ix.netcom.com

Mar 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/14/98

The mouse systems scroll mouse is the scroll mouse to get imo.

However the wheel doesn't seem to be compatible with Q2 to my knowledge.
But you still have 5 other user programmable buttons on it and it's feel
of layout is by far the best I've ever used.

Q.B.M.

Sid Chapple

Mar 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/15/98

I use the Intellimouse in Quake 2 and yes,you can use the wheel button as a
third button.
Sid.

Dan Lo wrote in message <350a3268...@news.atl.bellsouth.net>...
>Hello all,
>
>I am set to purchase a new mouse; has anyone used the Intellimouse
>with Quake2? Is the wheel configurable? Is it worth it? Or should I
>just settle for a nice Logitech?

Kent Hollingsworth

Mar 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/15/98

i just bought the Logitech Mouseman+ It's a little cheaper than the
Microsoft and it has 4 buttons plus the wheel. Very cool, but it feels much
different from the MS, so play with one before u buy.
<35138a25....@news.erols.com>...