Re: QUAKE2 OPENING SEQUENCE

fuzzymi...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2017, 1:25:20 AM6/22/17
Here's my version:

News broadcasts: The head of SETI will give a full press conference today in the wake of the verified and authentic non-terrestrial transmission coming from just beyond the asteriod belt in our solar system ... Contact with the colony on Mars will be re-established and has nothing to do with the pending arrival of the mysterious aliens ... The McCullen space station has just been destroyed! ... massive casualties ... [unintelligible] ... resistance soldiers ... [unintelligible] ... gravitational flux [unintelligible]. This may be indicative of [unintelligible] black hole ... Paris, Peking, Reykjavik, and Tokyo head the list of recently devastated cities ... after the recall from what was once known as Europe ... uplifting farewell speech as these brave soldiers took the fight to the Strogg's home planet. We and the rest of humanity wish them luck and godspeed as well.

Red leader: Mother goose, mother goose, this is red leader alpha charlie four one seven.

Mother goose: Got you on the scope, red leader. See that big bad dustball up ahead?

Red leader: Copy that, mother goose. Target is acquired. Heading towards nav point x-ray lima seven.

Radio chatter: Deployment is green for alpha, bravo, and tango ... there's no [unintelligible] surface, LZ still looks clean ... [unintelligible] ... [unintelligible] check confirmed ... hurry and finish your shit, marines ... [unintelligible] ... [unintelligible], wake his ass up!

Command: Alright Bitterman, you are in the green and ready to go.

Radio chatter: YEEEHAAA!!!

Bitterman: Shit! What was that? Command, I got a problem here. Some cowboy clipped me on the way in and thrusters are at fifty percent and dropping.

Command: Copy, Bitterman. Your stats are nominal but proceed to designated target LZ. We'll see what we can--holy shit!

Radio chatter: They're all over me! I need some help over here!

Command: Bitterman! What in the hell's going on? We just lost a third of the platoon just as they crossed sector niner x-ray. You got a visual on any AA discharge?

Bitterman: Negative, command. I'm approaching niner x-ray right now and there's no heat from the ground.

Radio chatter: They're coming at me from all angles!

Bitterman: It was across the board around ten seconds ago.

Command: Damn it! They've got a little freaky EMP down there. Getting clipped just saved your ass, marine. I just lost all readings from the rest of the platoon. Try and get to the primary LZ and rendezvous with any other squad leaders you can find.

Bitterman: Shit! Just overshot LZ, command. Command, you copy? Cripes, this thing is a brick! I have no flight control, repeat, no flight control. I am south of LZ heading for southern structure. Ready for crash landing. [unintelligible] Copy? Command, come in, I have no flight control--AAAHHH!!!