Couldn't load /pics/colormap.pcx when running Quake II

Pierre Roussin

Jun 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/17/99
I downloaded the full 3.20 version of Quake 2 from planet Quake and when
I run
quake I get the following message: could't load /pics/colormap.pcx.

What am I missing here ?

Thanks Quakers.

--
Pierre Roussin
Conseiller en systèmes d'information

pop

Jun 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/17/99
You need the purchased version of the game to get the pak0.pak file which is
required to play the game... version 3.20 is a full upgrade, not the full
game... It should be fairly cheap now in the game stores (<$20)

--
Mark = pop[AGQ2]
ICQ: 6797574
Pierre Roussin <nomad...@videotron.ca> wrote in message

Chicken

Jun 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/18/99
LOL well at least he will have the upgrade when he buys the game =)

theboo...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2013, 3:01:46 PM12/1/13
i got the same thing does the demo work?

OscartheGrouch

May 4, 2014, 2:14:14 AM5/4/14
On 12/1/2013 12:01 PM, theboo...@gmail.com wrote:
> i got the same thing does the demo work?

I certainly hope so.

sonic...@hotmail.com

Jul 9, 2015, 10:38:02 AM7/9/15
On Thursday, 17 June 1999 08:00:00 UTC+1, Pierre Roussin wrote:
> Hi,
> I downloaded the full 3.20 version of Quake 2 from planet Quake and when
> I run
> quake I get the following message: could't load /pics/colormap.pcx.
>
> What am I missing here ?
>
> Thanks Quakers.
>
> --
> Pierre Roussin
> Conseiller en systèmes d'information
> Nomade NXT Technologies
> nomad...@videotron.ca

my colormap.pcx is greyscale for some reason!
Im making a map with radiant, and used the quake root for the engine folder, when testing maps ive seen colored lights dont work...now the texture thumbnails are greyscale too. WHY!

hotel...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2018, 1:35:09 AM6/16/18
On Thursday, June 17, 1999 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, Pierre Roussin wrote:
> Hi,
> I downloaded the full 3.20 version of Quake 2 from planet Quake and when
> I run
> quake I get the following message: could't load /pics/colormap.pcx.
>
> What am I missing here ?
>
> Thanks Quakers.
>
> --
> Pierre Roussin
> Conseiller en systèmes d'information
> Nomade NXT Technologies
> nomad...@videotron.ca

if you swapped or changed the pak0 file you will encounter it, to fix it download a copyed quake 2 onlie and swap the pak0 file in the one you had the error with the one you installed :)

mm_roj...@hotmail.com

Feb 5, 2019, 7:30:32 AM2/5/19
I contacted Knightmare for this problem and this was his reply:

"It looks like you've accidentally unzipped KMQuake2 into its own subfolder, or into a parent of the folder that contains Quake2.exe. KMQuake2.exe should be in the same folder as Quake2.exe. The files in the baseq2 folder (.pk3s and kmq2gamex86.dll) should end up in the same baseq2 folder that contains the main pak0.pak file.

Knightmare"

bodega_c...@idealproject.cl

Mar 11, 2019, 1:05:26 PM3/11/19
El jueves, 17 de junio de 1999, 3:00:00 (UTC-4), Pierre Roussin escribió:
> Hi,
> I downloaded the full 3.20 version of Quake 2 from planet Quake and when
> I run
> quake I get the following message: could't load /pics/colormap.pcx.
>
> What am I missing here ?
>
> Thanks Quakers.
>
> --
> Pierre Roussin