Help -Security Complex Pyramid & Security Pass

mitch cooper

Dec 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/14/97

I have entered the Security Pyramid in the Security Complex but I am unable
to move through the security door.

I get the message "YOU NEED THE SECURITY PASS"

Great, but I have not been able to find the security pass. There is only
two secrets I haven't found on the entire unit (all levels) so I assume it
must be one of the secrets.

Help!!! I am reduced to aimless wandering!

Frozen Fire

Dec 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/14/97
to mitch cooper

Well, it tells you that the security pass is in the torture chambers when you
try to go through the door. Maybe you should go there.

mitch

Dec 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/14/97

Still can't find the Security Pass. I also haven't been getting the message
that it's in the torture chambers when at the security door in the
pyramid...but I may have gotten it my first time at the pyramid. My Torture
Chamber stats (F1) are Kills 33/33; Goals 2/2 and Secrets are 2/3 so the
"security pass" must be a secret area that I have been unable to find.
Think I've developed a "blind spot" for this secret. If you know where but
don't want to shout it here in the forum for all to see - send me mail -
this running empty halls is getting tired real fast.

Thanks FF
Mitch

Frozen Fire wrote in message <3494693E...@idirect.com>...

>Well, it tells you that the security pass is in the torture chambers when
you
>try to go through the door. Maybe you should go there.

GaryZ

Dec 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/14/97

I am stuck in the same place so dont feel dumb...
I have gotten very confused about having to go back to previous levels and
wander around alot of places I have been.. I wish all the doors were labeled
as well as the Supply and Warehouse were...
BTW did you find that secret in one of the Torture chambers.. where the
prisoners are? i cant remember which one.. but i was throwin in some
grenades and it blew a hole in a wall...
anyways...if you get the answer via E-Mail could you please foward it to me?

BlackRazr

Dec 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/14/97

In that level their are entrances to two other levels. One level gives you
the paramid key and the other (tortre chambers) gives you a security pass to
walk through the forcefield and meet a nasty surprise.

Jonathan Wells

Dec 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/15/97

On Sun, 14 Dec 1997 19:49:22 -0500, "mitch" <mitc...@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>Still can't find the Security Pass. I also haven't been getting the message
>that it's in the torture chambers when at the security door in the
>pyramid...but I may have gotten it my first time at the pyramid. My Torture
>Chamber stats (F1) are Kills 33/33; Goals 2/2 and Secrets are 2/3 so the
>"security pass" must be a secret area that I have been unable to find.
>Think I've developed a "blind spot" for this secret. If you know where but
>don't want to shout it here in the forum for all to see - send me mail -
>this running empty halls is getting tired real fast.

Wel it sounds like you should have found it but....in one of the
cells, there is a grid on the floor, shoot it and you drop down into a
an area with a Mutant. Kill him and I think the next room you come to
is one with two monsters and a guy on a cross, They will squash the
guy on the cross, and when he dies he SHOULD drop a secuity pass which
will open the forcefield.

hope this helps.

mitch

Dec 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/15/97

I had to start over from a previous unit save and then work my way up again.
I definitely was by the water torture many times on my first game and there
was no Security Pass available. The second game had the Security Pass right
where it should be.

Had to be a damn bug...what a time waster.

Thanks to everyone that was kind enough to reply.

Mitch

Pat Savage

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

Looks like you and me both - I have been searching for ages and have found 1
out of the 2 for this unit.
The onboard computer has also told me that I have completed all 3 phases and
to proceed to the pyramid room and then face the same dilemma as yourself.

Please, has anyone a solution ?

Pat

William Phillips

Dec 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/18/97

<about the security pass needed to go through the security door>
This one took me a while to figure out. The security card is in the torture
chamber just after you exit the water. Ya know, the room with the cross
shape that kills that guy hanging on the cross shape. You have to save him
and the card will appear to his left. sigh.....

William
<remove the s to send me smail>

Geo

Jan 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/4/98

In article <67cu4t$h...@cobia.gulf.net>, William Phillips
<will...@panamas.gulf.net> writes
You don't need to save him. Just kill everything and get the key.
--
Geo www.planet-z.demon.co.uk Satellite feed information.

Info on live satellite feeds, sport and football.

superja...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2015, 2:15:45 PM7/12/15
thanks, i got stuck to

ImperiusDamian

Aug 6, 2015, 3:02:41 PM8/6/15
On Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 2:15:45 PM UTC-4, superja...@gmail.com wrote:
> thanks, i got stuck to

...Holy crap, this must be a record, necroposting an EIGHTEEN year old thread. ;)

shin...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2015, 3:50:09 AM9/27/15
It seems to be a hobby of sorts. I am one guilty of indulging in the nostalgia of USEnet. Though the frequency of these types of posts is peculiar... recently an 18 year old thread on alt.games.mk was bumped with a couple of vague references to.. something only loosely connected to the original post. It's like some of that spam babble you see sometimes but you can't tell since it's referencing ideas and words in the original but doesn't really make any sense.

tdob...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2015, 8:18:56 PM10/27/15
In Torture Chamber, went in the same cell through the hatch into the channel, there's a long look underwater tunnel, as you sail the tulelem will be in the room this securyty pass!

deku...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2016, 12:25:00 PM7/13/16

Security Pass is one of the key items that is required to progress through a level. Two Security Passes can be found in Quake 2.

In the Security Complex, after opening the pyramid, the door to the Grid Control requires a Security Pass. It is found in the Torture Chambers, where a captured prisoner will drop it when killed.
Another Security Pass can be found in the Lower Palace. While it is not required to complete the mission, it grants access to the Yellow Force Field Control Switch, which, in turn, deactivates the Yellow Force Fields. Not only does this eliminate the need for backtracking through the Upper Palace and Lower Palace, but it grants access to a secret area.

ImperiusDamian

Jul 13, 2016, 4:03:07 PM7/13/16
As an aside, the mission log you see on pressing F1 describes it as a
"pyarmid"; one of Q2's few typos. ;)

--
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds.

SweetSpearGirl stories and Gemstone Mod:
http://damiansdominion.site90.net/ - Coming Soon

dogoni...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2017, 10:51:05 PM11/27/17
On Sunday, 14 December 1997 00:00:00 UTC-8, mitch cooper wrote:
> I have entered the Security Pyramid in the Security Complex but I am unable
> to move through the security door.
>
> I get the message "YOU NEED THE SECURITY PASS"
>
> Great, but I have not been able to find the security pass. There is only
> two secrets I haven't found on the entire unit (all levels) so I assume it
> must be one of the secrets.
>
> Help!!! I am reduced to aimless wandering!

Cheers from two decades later! We're still getting stuck at this part, incredibly enough.

dogoni...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2017, 11:08:22 PM11/27/17
I will contribute something useful, though.
I figured I would unload a few rounds into the guy before the "cross" crushed him for shits and giggles, and this fucked the game and stopped the security pass from spawning in. Do not do that.

caste...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2018, 7:18:46 PM1/15/18
Den tisdag 28 november 2017 kl. 05:08:22 UTC+1 skrev dogoni...@gmail.com:
> I will contribute something useful, though.
> I figured I would unload a few rounds into the guy before the "cross" crushed him for shits and giggles, and this fucked the game and stopped the security pass from spawning in. Do not do that.

I fucked up this too. I've been stuck for a few hours. I felt sorry for the dude so I shot him to spare him from a horrible death.

owne...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2018, 9:38:07 AM3/21/18
You can kill the guy on the metal cross thing. Pass SHOULD still drop but the game has a glitch here. Pass didn’t appear 2 out of 5 times that I tried.

joedow...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2018, 9:52:43 PM10/27/18
Glad to know that the trouble I'm having with this game is almost 21 years old now.
Maybe I should buy it a drink later lol.
Message has been deleted

Wisdome Patriot

Nov 6, 2020, 5:12:43 PM11/6/20
Dne neděle 28. října 2018 v 2:52:43 UTC+1 uživatel joedow...@gmail.com napsal:
> Glad to know that the trouble I'm having with this game is almost 21 years old now.
> Maybe I should buy it a drink later lol.
Guys thanks for advice. Btw If you already shoot that guy on cross and are you sure you search everything use command "noclip" and normally pass throught doors with field. Waste of time If you restart full level.
Peace quake 2 lovers

Dave Klassen

Feb 17, 2021, 9:52:49 PM2/17/21
I'm here in 2021 fellas and needed this help as well, thanks, hope it works