People still play singleplayer? =)

Chris Sabo

Mar 18, 2002, 12:50:13 PM3/18/02
Wow guys, I just signed up for this newsgroup, cause I've been playnig
quake2 for like 4 years. I never even played singleplayer though. I've
always been online railing people. How can you guys play singleplayer? UGH.
Heres my suggestion: get online and play with us veterans. There are so
many fun mods you can play online: Instagib, Railwarz, Rocket Arena 2, team
CTF. ooooo just to name a few. Q2 single player is just so slow, I think
that's why I never played it. It doesn't have that 'blink and you die'
thing going for it. Railwarz, for example, is so quick that if you blink,
you die - sometimes twice =).
I agree that Q3 didn't share the necessary parrallels with Q2. I hope
Q4 does. I have a beast machine with a beast video card, and I still don't
enjoy Q3 that much (for very long). Q2 doesn't require my machine to say
the least, I mean, I get over 700 fps. But I cl_maxfps it to 60. The game
rocks. If you want to check out the railwarz mod or the clan I rail with
goto:
http://www.railwarz.com (under construction)
http://www.q2saints.net (the clan I rail with)
http://www.acmeclan.com (another rival clan with a good forum)

Aujourd'hui!

[2o|o]Ratz [TOP]

Mar 18, 2002, 3:40:38 PM3/18/02

"Chris Sabo" <rs...@kc.rr.com> wrote in message

> Wow guys, I just signed up for this newsgroup, cause I've been playnig
> quake2 for like 4 years. I never even played singleplayer though. I've
> always been online railing people. How can you guys play singleplayer?
UGH.

Who says i play singleplayer? i played though it, but the storyline was
weak.
Right now i'm playing Ground Zero and think its alot better, more enemies
come at you at once, its more tense than the normal quake2 storyline.

> Heres my suggestion: get online and play with us veterans.

Again who says i don't? who says the rest of us don't either?

> There are so
> many fun mods you can play online: Instagib, Railwarz, Rocket Arena 2,
team
> CTF. ooooo just to name a few. Q2 single player is just so slow, I think
> that's why I never played it. It doesn't have that 'blink and you die'
> thing going for it. Railwarz, for example, is so quick that if you blink,
> you die - sometimes twice =).

Your telling me things i already know. i did belong to a clan once but
though it bullshit. clans are for team based mods like ctf, wf, and action.
DM does not require belonging to a clan. Btw, the [TOP] in my name is for a
tribe i belong to, as in tribes1 and the game is what q2 team play should
have been. But i still like q2 ctf, its cool.

<snip>

> I have a beast machine with a beast video card,

good for you (like i give a shit)
no one likes a bragger, and no one likes people who treat others like
they're stupid.
which you have managed to pull off.

Chris Sabo

Mar 18, 2002, 8:03:50 PM3/18/02
Very Interesting. Welcome to the post I guess. As I said I 'just' signed
up with this newsgroup and that would mean I surely am not familiar as to
what mods you play. The 7 posts that downloaded right away were all about
single player, so I think you're the one out of place. I like how you think
I was bragging - about my machine - I got a good chuckle out of that one.
See, to me, bragging would be more like: my computer is a 1.8 Ghz Athlon,
Geforce 4 64DDR, SoundBlaster 5.1, 768 MB DDR pc-800 RAM, and 2 100 gig hard
drives. Now that would be bragging, you see how I pulled that one. Good.
Glad to be here, thanks.

[2o|o]Ratz [TOP]

Mar 18, 2002, 11:19:21 PM3/18/02

"Chris Sabo" <rs...@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
Umm.. no. i am not out of place otherwise i would have gotten flamed for my
post by the other regs of this ng. There is groups.google.com, its there for
a reason. next time ask if people play mods and what they are please instead
of spouting off sounding insultive. Welcome.

[MN]Scooter

Mar 18, 2002, 7:26:15 PM3/18/02
hehe I must admit I never thought people still played the SP game - but it's
good to see there are still some people experiencing it anew. Try it - with
your l33t rail skillz you should complete it on hard level in a couple of
hours easy. I played it when it cam eout - took me weeks to complete. I
played it again after a couple of years hard MP campaigning and it seemed so
easy :) I like the atmosphere in it though - we sometimes ran a co-op
server and the whole clan would pile into the strogg - luvverly.

Q3 - in a sentence - too many fecking castles :) But I do play 3wave
Capturestrike - a lot.

ps

Mar 20, 2002, 11:04:16 AM3/20/02
You have to witness the full SP experience atleast once through non-stop. I
agree the story line today is a little lacking, but when you first walk
through levels like : Torture chambers, Processing plant etc... the're quite
disturbing when you first see them :) As far as the MP, I think Q3 lacks
something that Q2 and even Q1 had. Soul,heart, maybe?

The perfect Q2 machine: (mine)
P2 300
12mb voodoo
192 ram
20g

Quake Legacy

Sep 15, 2017, 2:07:17 PM9/15/17
8v8 LMCTF on Twin Temples Lush LFCTF10
https://youtu.be/MvfzHZtZtog

10v10 Railwarz CTF on Outlands 2 Q2CTF4a
https://youtu.be/-HzHVmd9R5c

6v6 Expert CTF on Stronghold Q2CTF2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xl8Tk1axGY

Join the Railwarz Discord Chat Community! click here - https://discord.gg/9uTMX92
Join LMCTF Discord Chat - https://discord.gg/9rDap7U
Expert CTF is back! join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/KGFJgzU

trying to bring back L-Fire CTF and also consolidate all the Q2CTF mods into one discord
Join Q2CTF Discord Chat - https://discord.gg/TnFea7M

discord is like a modern IRC chat mixed with teamspeak and ICQ made just for gaming! its bringing tons of new life to oldschool games like Quake2 you will find communities here for all games you play!

https://dondeq2.wordpress.com/
https://rwzctf.wordpress.com/
http://railwarz.com/
http://acmectf.com/acme/