Quake2 - 3.17 Patch

Harald Deubener

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

GET IT here.

http://www.ruhr.de/home/hade/kathaan.htm

Greetings, Kathaan

Jeff Peedin

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

In article <359dde95...@news.traveller.com>, John Hamilton says...
> If there is a new Q2 patch, get it at www.idsoftware.com
> where it was written, and be sure of what you get.
>
> john

Well, I would, but I would also like to get the 3.17 patch before 3.18
comes out. I have never been able to download any of the patches from
id's server. Do they have a 20 user limit on that thing or what?

None of Your Business

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

On Fri, 3 Jul 1998 16:05:51 -0400, t...@pobox.com (Jeff Peedin) wrote:

>Well, I would, but I would also like to get the 3.17 patch before 3.18
>comes out. I have never been able to download any of the patches from
>id's server. Do they have a 20 user limit on that thing or what?

You can get the patch from alt.binaries.games.quake

NOYB

ICQ#: 10020699

Jacob Ingversen

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

Otherwise try this adr.
ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/quake2/q2-317-x86.exe

Regards

Jacob

None of Your Business skrev i meddelelsen
<359e3ff6...@news.supernews.com>...

Hell Hound -aod-

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

try it at 2 or 3 in the morning. usually not many ppl on the ftp then.

--
Hell Hound -aod- (E.G. Dodds)
BSBH...@aol.com

RoboRay

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

Well, if you spend enough time in alt.games.quake2, you'll start to learn who
the regulars are. I'd trust something posted by one of us, but not anything
posted by a "stranger."

--
Ray McCalla Quake2:RoboRay[AGQ2]
For e-mail replies, use the singular tense.

DeReDeVeL wrote in message <359e5ddc...@news.supernews.com>...
>Complete with virus?
>
>Running an executable from a binaries group is a bad idea.
>
>I'd rather get it from a reputable web site or cdrom.com
>
>glen

None of Your Business

Jul 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/4/98

On Fri, 03 Jul 1998 22:41:39 GMT, scu...@shaw.wave.ca (DeReDeVeL)
wrote:

>nom...@nospam.com (None of Your Business) wrote:
>
>>You can get the patch from alt.binaries.games.quake
>

>Complete with virus?
>
>Running an executable from a binaries group is a bad idea.
>
>I'd rather get it from a reputable web site or cdrom.com

It's Winzip if you must know. It's just a self extracting exe.

You can trust me. :) <Really you can>

Arthur Tse

Jul 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/4/98

ID's ftp site can be busy though.... I recommend trying ftp.cdrom.com

John Hamilton wrote:

> On 03 Jul 1998 00:00:00 +0000, ha...@hade.ruhr.de (Harald Deubener) wrote:
>
> >GET IT here.
> >

> >http://www.ruhr.de/home/hade/kathaan.htm
> >

> >Greetings, Kathaan
>
> If there is a new Q2 patch, get it at www.idsoftware.com
> where it was written, and be sure of what you get.
>
> john

> jo...@pball.nospam.com Pursuit Ballistics, Inc.
> If the blues don't kill you, Brother, they'll
> make you a mighty, mighty man.
>
> [send spam to u...@ftc.gov please]

Spam is not welcomed by my mailbox - I have warned you

Assasin aka CyCloNiC - Proud member of Clan ShellShock (CTF)

Please note : In an effort to discourage unsolicited e-mail and
flames, my e-mail address has been modified. Please remove the
###'s to reply.

Colin Doty

Jul 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/4/98

scan for virus if you are worried... It is hard to get on ID's server thanks
Kathaan... More people should use their web sites for something useful..

Money

Jul 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/5/98

or you can always try http://people.a2000.nl/critter2 for the win version
as well as the linux version

Good speed for download

Henry

Jul 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/8/98

Heimann, Marcel wrote in message <35A34E...@Hotmail.com>...
>Hmmm, i didn´t even see a link to 3.17 on ID`s Page...

Ditto . . . At least I could never find it on thier page even back when
3.10 came out . . . don't think that they would just decide to put a link
for 3.17 all of a sudden . . . I'm sure the have it on their ftp site . . .
but no direct link from the ID hompage . . . Good Luck!

Matt Cooke

Jul 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/8/98
it's somewhere in the ftp. look at http://exxtreme.warzone.com/ it has
a link to the id update.

Heimann, Marcel wrote:

> Jeff Peedin wrote:
> > >
> > > If there is a new Q2 patch, get it at www.idsoftware.com
> > > where it was written, and be sure of what you get.
> > >
> > > john
> >

> > Well, I would, but I would also like to get the 3.17 patch before 3.18
> > comes out. I have never been able to download any of the patches from
> > id's server. Do they have a 20 user limit on that thing or what?

Hell Hound -aod-

Jul 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/8/98
that's what the ftp site is for...

Heimann, Marcel wrote:

> Jeff Peedin wrote:
> > >
> > > If there is a new Q2 patch, get it at www.idsoftware.com
> > > where it was written, and be sure of what you get.
> > >
> > > john
> >
> > Well, I would, but I would also like to get the 3.17 patch before 3.18
> > comes out. I have never been able to download any of the patches from
> > id's server. Do they have a 20 user limit on that thing or what?
>
> Hmmm, i didn´t even see a link to 3.17 on ID`s Page...

Keith Calsyn

Jul 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/9/98
As usual, they put it in the Hot New Stuff section and nowhere else!
http://www.idsoftware.com/hot/index.html

--Spatula

On Wed, 08 Jul 1998 12:47:58 +0200, "Heimann, Marcel"
<XTC...@Hotmail.com> wrote:

>Jeff Peedin wrote:
>> >
>> > If there is a new Q2 patch, get it at www.idsoftware.com
>> > where it was written, and be sure of what you get.
>> >
>> > john
>>
>> Well, I would, but I would also like to get the 3.17 patch before 3.18
>> comes out. I have never been able to download any of the patches from
>> id's server. Do they have a 20 user limit on that thing or what?
>
>Hmmm, i didn´t even see a link to 3.17 on ID`s Page...

--Keith (Spatula)

Saphyr Knight

Jul 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/9/98
If U want the 3.17 patch go to www.avault.com , its on the homepage !!!!!!

Saphyr...!
If U R from Geneva, visit ma page at Geneva Players Ring...

Heimann, Marcel

Jul 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/9/98
Henry wrote:
> Ditto . . . At least I could never find it on thier page even back when
> 3.10 came out . . . don't think that they would just decide to put a link
> for 3.17 all of a sudden . . . I'm sure the have it on their ftp site . . .
> but no direct link from the ID hompage . . . Good Luck!

I´ve downloaded at cdrom.com , thx

Mfg
Marcel