LadyHavoc's DarkPlaces Quake Modification is active again as of 10/2/2021!

Ant

Oct 8, 2021, 10:07:16 PM10/8/21
"2021-10-02 Status update: DarkPlaces engine is alive and well. We're
working on a new release with the help of an additional developer. In
other news, we now have an official Discord server for the community,
bridged to the existing #darkplaces IRC. We've moved the code repository
to GitHub due to popular demand as well. No ETA on a new release yet but
we're shaking the bugs out of it."
--http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/

:D
--
So many leaks (liquid & digital types), sneezes, itches, pains, videos, spams, issues, software updates, games, sins, etc. Also, BUSY & tired! I hate my old body. :(
| |o o| |

Francis S

Oct 10, 2021, 12:59:41 AM10/10/21
On Fri, 08 Oct 2021 21:07:11 -0500, a...@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:

>"2021-10-02 Status update: DarkPlaces engine is alive and well. We're
>working on a new release with the help of an additional developer. In
>other news, we now have an official Discord server for the community,
>bridged to the existing #darkplaces IRC. We've moved the code repository
>to GitHub due to popular demand as well. No ETA on a new release yet but
>we're shaking the bugs out of it."
>--http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/
>
>:D

This is wonderful news! Darkplaces gets some hate from a few places on
the internet, but I always enjoyed using it.

Ant

Oct 10, 2021, 2:19:03 AM10/10/21
Really? What hates? I discovered it a couple years ago when Bethesda
released the first three games for free. :D

pop

Oct 10, 2021, 5:41:49 AM10/10/21
Ant wrote on 10/10/2021 1:18 AM:
> Francis S <whati...@mail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 08 Oct 2021 21:07:11 -0500, a...@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:
>
>>> "2021-10-02 Status update: DarkPlaces engine is alive and well. We're
>>> working on a new release with the help of an additional developer. In
>>> other news, we now have an official Discord server for the community,
>>> bridged to the existing #darkplaces IRC. We've moved the code repository
>>> to GitHub due to popular demand as well. No ETA on a new release yet but
>>> we're shaking the bugs out of it."
>>> --http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/
>>>
>>> :D
>
>> This is wonderful news! Darkplaces gets some hate from a few places on
>> the internet, but I always enjoyed using it.
>
> Really? What hates? I discovered it a couple years ago when Bethesda
> released the first three games for free. :D

I have been using it since a couple of yrs after it's release and would not think of using anything else for my quake games. Love it!!!

--
Best wishes;
(^\pop/^) -> Mark