Re: Pok�mon Omega Ruby and Pok�mon Alpha Sapphire demo

Message has been deleted

Chet Weaver

Nov 16, 2014, 2:45:42 PM11/16/14
"Alexander B." wrote in message
news:75i05ahjsp87o32u2...@4ax.com...

>On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:50:30 -0700 (PDT), Kage <honou...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Friday, October 24, 2014 5:17:24 PM UTC-5, Alexander B. wrote:
>>> Hallo,
>>>
>>> What are the reactions after the release of " Pokémon Omega Ruby and
>>> Pokémon Alpha Sapphire demo " ?
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>> Alexander
>>
>>Alas, I don't have the demo. But I WAS glad to see some gameplay footage
>>from it, makes me all the more excited for when the actual games come out~
>
>Yep :))))
>

>Just a few more days the full version will be released,...
>I can not wait :D you see
>
>Greetings,
>Alexander

Did you know there are a pair of rare "Secret" adventures in the demo? I
just did the rarer one today. Steven tells you he heard about some strange
guy on a nearby island and whisks you off in search of him. After
navigating a short "Maze" (there's, like, two branches and they both lead to
the same place) and walking through tall grass, you find the guy and he
gives you a nugget that can be transferred to the full game. From what he
says, he'll probably give you more if you do the adventure again.

From what I understand, this also unlocks things in Mossdeep. I had run
around the island before going off on the adventure (as is my custom since
the NPCs that appear are randomly selected) and noticed that the Pokémart
clerk saying goodbye to his boss/brother finally left for Oldale, so I guess
some changes occur before you even accept the mission. I probably should've
investigated more before leaving. Nothing else was visibly different, but I
understand that some of the doors unlock as well. I didn't replay the demo
after that since I only play once per day to keep it from getting too
annoying.

I haven't done the other rare adventure yet, but I hear it involves Team
Aqua or Team Magma (randomly selected) continuing their search for the
Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution. I think. Once you beat it, you can
repeat the mission at any time by talking to Steven and selecting "Go
somewhere secret." I think it also unlocks things in Mossdeep.

Anyone else feeling kinda sad after playing this thing? I dunno, maybe it's
the nostalgia or something. I remember feeling kinda guilty transferring
Pokémon from one generation to the next, like I was taking all the good
Pokémon and leaving the main character with nothing. I seem to especially
feel this way transferring out of Sapphire, and I guess this demo makes it
feel like the only thing left of that game is this island. Weird, huh?
Maybe buying the full game will alleviate that feeling, especially after
transferring all my Pokémon back into it! ^_^

--
Chet "Tech" Weaver -> http://avernale.tumblr.com

"There comes a time in a man's life when to get where he has to - if there
are no doors or windows - he walks through a wall."
--Bernard Malamud, novelist and short-story writer (1914-1986)

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted
whenever I am contradicted."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sig inserted by AutoHotkey ver. 1.0.48.05
WLMail QuoteFix -> http://www.dusko-lolic.from.hr/

Chet Weaver

Jan 1, 2015, 3:14:22 PM1/1/15
"Chet Weaver" wrote in message news:m4ausp$lkv$1...@dont-email.me...
Well, I finally played both rare missions. As far as I can tell, only the
one that gives you nuggets unlocks anything new in Mossdeep. The rematch
against "that team" doesn't give you anything new in town, even after
fighting both teams. New NPCs may have shown up during the adventures, but
they've been doing that at least since I got the nugget and they appear at
random, so I might just not have seen them until now. Speaking of "that
team," I remember Serebii.net claiming that the team you encounter during
that mission is random, but I think it alternates and corresponds to the
element shown on the title screen.

I guess I'm done with the demo (although I could still try to get more
nuggets). I still feel like I should get Omega Ruby to make sure what I got
from it doesn't go to waste, but I'm still not sure I care enough about
replaying a game I already finished on the GBA. I have yet to beat Y,
though, so we'll see about it then. And maybe after finishing some of these
other games I've been neglecting, too...