Phantasy Star Online 2 announced!

JordanLund

Sep 17, 2010, 7:49:06 AM9/17/10
Does anyone care? Hello? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Phantasy Star Online 2!

Sega's biggest announcement out of the Tokyo Game show relates to the
10th Anniversary of the Dreamcast classic "Phantasy Star Online." In
honor of the event they made three announcements:

1) A video showing the past 10 years of Phantasy Star Online
culminating in the announcement of Phantasy Star Online 2 for Windows!
(Warning: Video heavily buffers, may be overloaded)

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/pso2/

PSO2 looks to be more of a MMORPG than a traditional PSO title, which
would explain why (so far) it's announced for Windows only. The
obsessive compulsives at PSO-World have already translated what's
available of the feature set and you can find that here:

http://www.pso-world.com/news/02318-more-pso2-details-translated-sega-teaser-video

Again, assuming a 2011 release in Japan, we probably won't see the
title stateside until 2012.

2) Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity, a follow-up to the just
released (in the US) PSP title, Phantasy Star Portable 2.
Unfortunately since it takes about a year for Sega to localize
Phantasy Star titles for the American market we probably won't see
this game until 2011 at the earliest.

3) Phantasy Star Portal: A new Japanese website cataloging the history
of the Phantasy Star franchise, all the way back to the original from
1987:

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/

History link here:

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/history/

Livestream of the announcement from TGS here for the Japanese
friendly:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9622747