Are there still Pokémon fans who are aware...

Nectaria Kiritsi

Oct 24, 2019, 6:49:31 AM10/24/19
...that more than one Pokémon manga exists? The Pokémon fandom these days seems only talking about Adventures/Special manga and rarely they talked about the other Pokémon manga. Back in the late 90s/early 2000s, most fans were talking about the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga than the Adventures/Special manga. If you go to search "manga" in this newsgroup, you will see that most of the late 90s/early 2000s topics were related to Electric Tale of Pikachu. Well, I heard that the new Pokémon animé will get its own manga, but it's unknown if it will follow the animé faithfully. Most manga adaptations of the Pokémon animé are not faithful to the originals and have various differences. In Electric Tale of Pikachu, Ash have caught a Fearow in the first chapter (A Pokémon that he never owned in the animé) and Gary has an older sister named "May" (That was before the RS heroine was named May in the games and the animé). Comparing the Pokémon manga fandom to the Digimon manga fandom, the Digimon fans talks about anything Digimon manga that exists and not just V-Tamer. I wish the Pokémon manga fandom was like the Digimon manga fandom.

William A. Rendfeld

Oct 24, 2019, 9:44:43 AM10/24/19
On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 6:49:31 AM UTC-4, Nectaria Kiritsi wrote:
> ...that more than one Pokémon manga exists? The Pokémon fandom these days seems only talking about Adventures/Special manga and rarely they talked about the other Pokémon manga. Back in the late 90s/early 2000s, most fans were talking about the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga than the Adventures/Special manga. If you go to search "manga" in this newsgroup, you will see that most of the late 90s/early 2000s topics were related to Electric Tale of Pikachu. Well, I heard that the new Pokémon animé will get its own manga, but it's unknown if it will follow the animé faithfully. Most manga adaptations of the Pokémon animé are not faithful to the originals and have various differences. In Electric Tale of Pikachu, Ash have caught a Fearow in the first chapter (A Pokémon that he never owned in the animé) and Gary has an older sister named "May" (That was before the RS heroine was named May in the games and the animé). Comparing the Pokémon manga fandom to the Digimon manga fandom, the Digimon fans talks about anything Digimon manga that exists and not just V-Tamer. I wish the Pokémon manga fandom was like the Digimon manga fandom.

I'm aware of them, but I check Bulbapedia, so...
Message has been deleted

Nectaria Kiritsi

Oct 27, 2019, 11:54:51 AM10/27/19
Oh, that's a great collection of manga, MASTER260! Thanks for the pictures.