Got any ScarVi Rumors?

Tech Weaver

May 30, 2022, 8:26:48 PM5/30/22
Pokémon Scarlet & Violet are slated to come out late this year, and there hasn't been any news about it since the announcement early this year. It's only months away and I feel like we should've been getting more information by now. The new gimmick, Pokémon, evil team, or even the region's name! I don't think I've even heard any rumors, theories, or leaks yet, and I think I might be starting to get withdrawal symptoms!

All we know so far is:
-The three starters: Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxley
-The default trainers are surprisingly similar
-The starting outfits vary by version
-The region is likely based on Spain/the Iberian peninsula
-Some returning Pokémon (possibly no new Meowth)
-An open-world region where you transition seamlessly between cities and wilderness
-Choppy animation for distant objects is still a thing

...Which isn't a lot to go on, I guess.

I've been at least passively avoiding leaks since sometime during the lead-up to Sun & Moon, but now I'm getting anxious. I'd prefer to get hyped directly from announcements than 4Chan posts, but I want to know if it's just me feeling out of the loop. Anyone hear anything interesting? Or wanna make stuff up?

William A. Rendfeld

May 31, 2022, 9:10:30 AM5/31/22
Alas, very little has been announced, though it's a safe bet the game will be available for the Switch family of systems and it'll eventually be compatible with Pokémon HOME.

I also think it's likely that we'll have more regional variants, and no returning gimmicks like Mega Evolution, Z Moves or Gigantimax. So we'll likely have some new crazy gimmick.

Tech Weaver

Jun 1, 2022, 8:59:42 AM6/1/22
Well, thankfully, some new stuff was posted to their YouTube channel... Nowish.

William A. Rendfeld

Jun 3, 2022, 8:33:58 AM6/3/22
Yep. Plenty to speculate about now.