currently running servers

Acid

May 5, 2012, 3:43:01 PM5/5/12

-elixx's server:

we-dont.gotdns.org 1701

*
runs 6 bots.
*broken highscore list, but everything else seems to work fine.
*fairly reliable, long-running server

*
Elixx's server status webpage: http://we-dont.gotdns.org/mtrek/

-robert's server:

fishcroft.ca 1701

or

xmltrek.com 1701

(2 addresses for the same server. )

*

runs 20 bots. (about 10 too many imho)
*alpha quadrant has a pile of "stars" next to earth for some
unexplicable reason.
*buoys don't detect anything.
*starbases will attack you if you shoot a ship that is docked there.
planets won't shoot though.
*bots are dumbed down; they won't fire on any orbiting/docked ships,
so you can basically sit on a sb or planet, and shoot every bot that
comes in range..
*few other minor glitches, but still very playable (the high score
list works as well)

*this one is under construction, the dev is fixing slightly more bugs
than he's causing, which is nice. I think he intends for the game to
be more tailored to his xml GUI client. I couldn't figure out how to
use it properly, but it looks neat. check it out at: http://xmltrek.com/