Mornington Crescent (was Re: hello)

Dr Alan Solomon

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96

In article <4inva7$p...@falcon.ccs.uwo.ca>, j.p. kiernan (j...@mustang.uwo.ca) writes:
>In article <1996Mar14.121147.9413@hpal02>,
>Roger Douglas <Roger....@tafensw.edu.au> wrote:
>>seem to recall hearing that there was a bomb threat (presumably by the
>>IRA)in Mornington Crescent a few weeks ago, but I don't recall any
>>Cesium being involved. The prospect of terrorists getting their hands
>>on suppliues of Cesium doesn't bear thinking about. Our beloved
>>element must continue to be used for good and not for evil.
>

> According an inside AMSWWBUW source, that threat was actually traced
>back to the infacmous would-be terrorist organization, FrAt (Fr@nc!-m /
>Ast@t!ne). They may have attempted to gather enough Fr@nc!um to cause a
>small exposion, or maybe enough Ast@t!ne to make someone sneeze, but it's
>not a threat to take seriously. They can't organize a half-hour
>halflife, let alone a bombing campaign.
>
> Just in case a REAL organization tries to get at any Cs, perhaps TANCO
>should double their guard on our Favorite pegmatite in Manitoba?

The Mornington Crescent bomb threat was happily just a hoax. Go figure.
But if you can buy Caesium (and I do think that's the preferred spelling)
at any K-Mart (what's a K-Mart?), albeit in an impure form, what's to
stop anyone from refining it? I think I saw a recipe for how to refine
Caesium somewhere on the Web.

--
Dr Alan Solomon, Founder of S&S International
Chief Designer of Dr Solomon's Anti Virus Toolkit

j.p. kiernan

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96
Dr Alan Solomon <drs...@chartridge.win-uk.net> wrote:

>But if you can buy Caesium (and I do think that's the preferred spelling)
>at any K-Mart (what's a K-Mart?), albeit in an impure form, what's to

Your freindly neighbourhood source for any and all alkali
metals (except the hated Fr@nc!*m). A more searching question would be
"what's the spectral blue-line special for today?"

--jpk