REPOST - UMK3 3DO FAQ

Jenn Dolari

Jul 6, 2001, 10:35:43 PM7/6/01
UMK3 3DO FAQ
Author: Sub-Zero
Revision: 5
Date: May 17th, 1996
E-Mail: sub...@atw.fullfeed.com (General Questions)

* Intro
* Release Date Info (Updated)
* Basic Game Information (NEW)
* Codes
* Other Systems?
* URLs For UMK3/3DO Info (Updated)
* E-Mail Info
* Credits (Updated)

[What's New]

Revision 5

- Added a new section entitled "Basic Game Information"
- Finally added some of the main details of the game, found in BGI section
- Updated Release Date Section
- Added a new URL with some decent info for a change

[Where To Get This FAQ]

On the WWW...

This FAQ
- http://rat.org/mk/umk33do.faq

UMK3 Moves FAQ Written By Rat
- http://rat.org/mk/ultrat10.faq

UMK3 Combo FAQ Written By Myself & WorknMan
- http://rat.org/mk/mk3/ultimate/combos.html

time, just E-Mail the above address with "unsubscribe" in both the subject
and the message body. The subscription and the FAQ are 100% free and should
be distributed as such.

[Intro]

Since it looks like the game is pushed back in the 10 week range, I really
don't see any reason to keep updating this FAQ with release dates. It
appears that all the info I've received is purely speculation, regardless
if it's coming from somebody I don't know, or if it's coming straight from
a software distributor. No info whatsoever about UMK3 has appeared on the
Panasonic homepage, so I would doubt if the game is remotely near being
completed. If some really important info happens to come my way, I'll put
it here. But for now, I don't wanna keep putting up new dates every other
day getting people's hopes up just to have the date change a million
more times.

Once they do get off their dead asses and the game is released, you can
count on me for the latest codes, tricks and any other relevant
miscellaneous info. That is if anybody still gives a flying f*ck.

[Release Date Info]

*NEW* For Revision 5

Still no word has been leaked as to when we'll actually get UMK3, but
the game is set to go on display at the E3 later this month in Los Angeles,
so hopefully it won't be too long after that.

[Basic Game Information]

Finally, I've got some good info to put in here. It is indeed fact that
the 3DO & Saturn are the only two 32-Bit platforms that will get UMK3.
If you own MK3 PSX, you can expect the following additions for 3DO UMK3:
Five new backgrounds, new male and female characters, tournament style
competition and new moves for select characters.

Quoting the preview of UMK3 3DO, "The game contains all the fatalities,
animalities etc. from the coin-op and PlayStation game, but it has a
whole host of tune ups and added features that will turn Sony console
owners green with envy". No specifics were given out.

All three UKK characters will definitely be in the game, but it may be
possible that no kodes are necessary. The preview said that the Saturn
version had a cheat which allowed you enable all three characters. So,
I'm assuming the 3DO version will be the same. Also, the elaborate arcade
intro has been axed, probably because it had the fake Rain character in
it. A representative from GTI said that Rain & H. Smoke were both fake
and were just ploys to get arcade goers to spend more money. I don't
which planet that guy's been living on, because the H. Smoke code has been
known for a couple of months. Could be this guy has no f*cking clue and
H. Smoke will indeed be in the game. Let's hope.

In terms of graphics, it appears that the characters will be slightly
smaller than the arcade version, but the differences are hardly an issue,
because apparently the game speed has been increased.

[Codes]

Empty as of now, sorry :(

[Other Systems?]

So far, the Saturn and 3DO are the only systems that will definitely be
getting the game. If/when SNES & Genesis versions are released, I'll add
locations for those FAQs. But for now, you can still check out WorknMan's
great Saturn FAQ here...

- http://rat.org/mk/umk3sat.faq

[URLs For UMK3/3DO Info]

Kano's MK3 Page With Info For All Home Systems
- http://g.oswego.edu/~keith/umk3/home

Panasonic's Page With Upcoming 3DO Titles (UMK3 Not Listed... Yet)
- http://www.MITL.Research.Panasonic.COM/cool/upcoming.htm

3DO Homepage
- http://www.3DO.com

Electronic's Boutique Upcoming 3DO Titles (UMK3 Release Date Of 7/15/96)
- http://www.eboutique.com/data/video.html

Paragon Online's UMK3 Home System Preview Page (Excellent Source)
- http://www.paragon.co.uk/gamesanimal/previews/mk3/mk3.html

[E-Mail Info]

If you have any questions or comments regarding the info on this page, or
lack there of, feel free to E-Mail me. I'm always open to criticism and
suggestions on how I can improve this page.

[Credits]

Rat r...@rat.org - Hosting This Page
WorknMan work...@rat.org - Release Date Info
Kano ke...@cs.oswego.edu - Release Date Info
Steve Rice hetf...@gnn.com - Release Date Info
ERMAC az...@pop.generation.net - New EB URL
- Gave Me 3DO URL
Paragon Online ani...@paragon.co.uk - Basic Game Info

Remember... don't be a lamer. If you replicate, imitate, or borrow any
info off of this page, give credit where it is due. This includes, but is
not limited to, other FAQ writers and especially game mags, you lame f*cks!

(c)1996 Sub-Zero

END

Strength. Beauty. We have no equal in the kingdom.
je...@dolari.org - http://www.dolari.org

Shinnokxz

Nov 12, 2018, 12:06:06 AM11/12/18
How was a FAQ made for a game that was never released? Oh right, people just copy and pasted moves list and labeled them as whatever