MK2 for 3DO

skywalker

Dec 22, 1994, 4:31:22 PM12/22/94
Enough of this MK2 for 32X crap, has anybody heard when MK2 will be out
for the 3DO? My local and friendly Software etc store sez January. I
haven't heard or seen anything on the game, and it is wierd that no
pictures or reports have been released when the game is coming out in a
month. Oh well..
Played Killer Instinct for the first time yesterday, and I don't really
know if I like it or not. The game is great to watch, but playing it reminds me of
Primal Rage. I was whipping off 5-6 hit combos and I didn't know what the
hell I was doing. OH MK3 WHERE YOU!!(said to the opening tune of Lassie)
--
" Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face!" -Pulp Fiction
" Those who come seeking peace without a treaty are plotting." -Sun Tzu

Cory Hansen

Aug 6, 2018, 1:03:55 AM8/6/18
MK never made it to the 3DO in any form, unfortunately.

The closest it got was UMK3 (due to the lifespan of the console despite not much critical success, but the 3DO hung around for a bit once its price dropped)

People scoured a supposed source release of it and found that the version of UMK3 for the Saturn most likely originated initially on the 3DO, same with the PSX version of MK Trilogy (or maybe it was 3? Can't remember)

patrickl...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2018, 11:18:05 AM9/11/18
I thought UMK3 never came out on the 3DO either. I heard it was supposed to come out on it's successor console M2, but that was cancelled!

Cory Hansen

Sep 12, 2018, 11:10:50 PM9/12/18
I re-read through my original post and realized I sounded misleading in what I meant. My intent was to say UMK3 was the closest to a 3DO MK release that never came out than MK2 ever was (as you stated) and it was the one who I alluded to having some raw source and art assets out there

Would've been interesting since 3DO had the power and pricepoint (at the time), but the controller would have been a really bad situation since the multi-button non-three button controllers were so far and few between