Hey Man!! Is this game playable Yet????????

*gamef...@home.com*

Sep 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/1/97

(The subject line says it all)

Pitiful framerates! Nice graphics! Great job! (NOT)

I don't want to hear "this is just a beta". I downloaded Shadows of the
Empire "Beta" and Hexen 2 "Beta" and guess what they look great and run great.
So dont give me that beta crap!

BTW I have a P200 w/64 Megs of ram and a Monster 3D card I dont think its my
machine!

Mordrid

Sep 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/8/97

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But alas, no matter how much we complain about the problem, Activision
isn't going to clean up that shitty code. I have practically the same
system as you, and they say it's processor speed. Humm. Funny how SOTE,
Hexen II, and MANY others like that run FANTASTIC (on my Monster 3D).

-A fellow pissed off gamer..
--
-Dave Jacobson
Visit My PC-GAMEpages!

*gamef...@home.com* wrote in article
<5udbaq$lhi$1...@ha2.rdc1.sfba.home.com>...

Fred A. Berganio

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

On 8 Sep 97 23:22:02 GMT, "Mordrid" <djac...@zianet.com> wrote:

>RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>But alas, no matter how much we complain about the problem, Activision
>isn't going to clean up that shitty code. I have practically the same
>system as you, and they say it's processor speed. Humm. Funny how SOTE,
>Hexen II, and MANY others like that run FANTASTIC (on my Monster 3D).

>*gamef...@home.com* wrote in article

><5udbaq$lhi$1...@ha2.rdc1.sfba.home.com>...
>> (The subject line says it all)
>>
>> Pitiful framerates! Nice graphics! Great job! (NOT)
>> I don't want to hear "this is just a beta". I downloaded Shadows of the
>> Empire "Beta" and Hexen 2 "Beta" and guess what they look great and run
>>great.
>> So dont give me that beta crap!
>> BTW I have a P200 w/64 Megs of ram and a Monster 3D card I dont think its
>>my
>> machine!

The MW2 engine is old and apparantly fussy to convert to either 3dfx
or D3D. Witness the MW2 conversion which was less than fast. This
was exacerbated by Activision's failure (or inability) to give the
user enough control over the texture mapping of objects and terrain,
to regain usable framerates in both conversions. This may or may not
be fixed by the 1.1 patch (for Mercs). Hopefully, Activision is
listening and will either allow adjustment or improve frames for the
titanium pack. Cheers.
regards,

fre...@tdl.com

whitema...@gmail.com