Found Mech2 Easter Eggs

Kitman

Apr 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/3/97

lw...@abs.net wrote:

I went around targeting all of the building. I found some interesting
things.
> - Fasty-Mart
> - House-That-Jack-Built
> - 1933N.Bronson Apt.110
> - Disco
Did you (I) inspect after you targeted? Very funny stuff here. There
are a few more but I can't remember them. (it's been awhile).

lw...@abs.net

Apr 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/3/97

I do not remember the mission - sorry!! I will check if needed though.

Anyway, I was supposed to find and identify a power station. If it is
on line, I am supposed to destroy it. I could not find it, so I went
around targeting all of the buildings. I found some interesting
things.

- Fasty-Mart
- House-That-Jack-Built
- 1933N.Bronson Apt.110
- Disco

I thought it was pretty cool. I did not blow any up, maybe I will go
back and at least visit the disco.

Useless, but groovy.

- Louis West

ghostdog

Apr 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/3/97

On Thu, 03 Apr 1997 02:41:46 GMT, lw...@abs.net wrote:

>I do not remember the mission - sorry!! I will check if needed though.
>
>Anyway, I was supposed to find and identify a power station. If it is
>on line, I am supposed to destroy it. I could not find it, so I went
>around targeting all of the buildings. I found some interesting
>things.
>
>- Fasty-Mart
>- House-That-Jack-Built
>- 1933N.Bronson Apt.110
>- Disco

the power station is behind and to the right of the dome as you
approach it, go to sat view and its just outside the square area the
palace sits on, oh and watch out for the pissed-off timberwolf waiting
in the pit the power station is in. plus there are a few more easter
eggs you missed.....
ghostdog
aka
thom...@prysm.net

bof...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2016, 8:11:05 PM10/24/16
On Thursday, April 3, 1997 at 4:00:00 AM UTC-4, Kitman wrote:
> lw...@abs.net wrote:
> >
> I went around targeting all of the building. I found some interesting
> things.
> > - Fasty-Mart
> > - House-That-Jack-Built
> > - 1933N.Bronson Apt.110
> > - Disco
> Did you (I) inspect after you targeted? Very funny stuff here. There
> are a few more but I can't remember them. (it's been awhile).

bofhen@gmail posted:
I am old. I am of the graybeards now. I soon shall pass from this world into the next. I will meet the head sysops in the great machine room in the sky. I....remember. In days long past, In 1995 and 1996, a game that I was enamored with. Mechwarrior 2. It originally came in DOS flavor, as many games in those days did. Then, later, an official Windows95 version. I bought both. I LOVED that game and Descent. Mechwarrior placed fewer restrictions on you. you could, for instance, murder your own team mates. Or try, at any rate, with consequences. and the consequences were many and varied, depending on what you did. In the training exercises, in the very first live fire exercise, I opened fire on my training sergeant! Yea, they allowed you to do things like that. After a few choice words, he wiped my ass but it was hilarious. I love the customizations available. i loved being able to deck out my mech to match my play style and mission. Perhaps this is all romantic reminiscing, perhaps I view 20 years ago through rose-colored glasses. Perhaps this is why I play Diablo 3 now. Perhaps not. I do know that after trying a number of sequels that came in the years after it's release, none ever came close to living up to the glory that was Mechwarrior 2. Easter eggs? Yes, I found a few. The disco. when examined the building said Disco Inferno. It didn't survive. I hate disco. The little house in the very corner of the map? A house! Examine it and it said Oh, just a house. Of course I had to kill it. the screen goes all white with a huge explosion sound in from the speakers like death itself. I found the phone number. I examine the building it is on, an extension. I call. It was the lead developer of the game. his name escapes me like so many things do now. I recall we have a fairly long conversation. It was good. Something special. I like that sort of thing. The physical box art in those days was nothing short of fantastic. Much like LP album art, it has become a relic of the times. Much like reel-to-reel tape storage. Much like me.