Gorc & Pic: Help On Level 11 Please! :-)

John H. Ross

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
I'm completely stumped on Level 11. I've killed Gorc but am totally
unable to defeat Pic. I've read the FAQ and it mentions Persuasion.
How do I get this? I've never had this option available to assign a
star to. Do I need to go back three levels to get it?

Is there any way to defeat Pic with just a lightsaber?

Help! Help! Help! I've been two weeks on this!

Ta muchy,

John

Killer Bee

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
Well the official line is look down and slash a lot but I cant do it.
Personally I either shot him or do the other cheats way where you jump down
then very quickly run along to the far end go up the air stream and then
stand on the ledge by the wall and watch him fall to his death (takes ages)
As for persuasion he has it and will turn invisible so you need to put see
on to beat him.

Welcome to the group!
Spider Als (ICQ 23304432) New player relations officer so feel free to
bother him all you want, he wont mind.

John H. Ross <jhamilt...@virgin.net> wrote in message

Heregul

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
John H. Ross <jhamilt...@virgin.net> wrote in message
> I'm completely stumped on Level 11. I've killed Gorc but am totally
> unable to defeat Pic.
<snip>

No, you don't need persuasion to defeat Pic. Try instead using vision (if
you have it), and aiming low against Pic. Move back and forward, and don't
let him get too close. Use your double-swing in a hit and run fashion and
you should be fine.

Heregul
--

"This is a people shooting hat. I shoot people in this hat." - J.D.
Salinger

Shiro Akaishi

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
In article <3752b2b2...@news.virgin.net>,
jhamilt...@virgin.net says...

> I've read the FAQ and it mentions Persuasion.
> How do I get this? I've never had this option available to assign a
> star to.

I believe this referred to the fact that pic uses
persuasion. It turns him invisible except for little
sparklies. It is a power that affects the eyes. The true
jedi relies on the force... and their JK manual.

--
shiro of the short sig

ke...@meer.net

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
In article <7iurch$j0f$1...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>,

The double swing is good, as is the side strafe swing (while looking
down, of course :). I found that once I mastered the
circle-strafe-swing approach, all the dark jedi are fairly easy. The
timing is different with each one, but the technique is pretty similar.
Of course, it takes a lot of practice to get to the point of having it
be "easy", but it's fun to go back and toast the ones that gave you
trouble your first time through.

Just what is the circle-stafe-swing? In a nutshell, you're trying to
hit their back, where they can't block your saber. Sometimes force
speed helps this, but I find it usually takes me out of range more often
than it gets me into perfect position (for dark jedi, that is, I love
this technique against stormtroopers, it makes them dizzy and easy
saber-fodder). E.g., with your opponent in front of you, hit the
strafe-right key, move your mouse to the left (to keep yourself
pointing at the target), and swing the saber. Sometimes I add a little
twist to the mouse (left/right) to aim the blow onto their back.

The "wait for Pic to jump to death" variation is much more amusing when
you turn it into the "how high can Pic fly?" method. Time a concussion
rifle shot to land just below Pic as he starts to rise up in the air
shaft. If you time it right, Pic will be blasted far up beyond the
platform close to ceiling, and will hit the ground that much harder,
greatly hastening his death.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Michael

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
Laughing at visions of flying Pic - have to try that one.

Personally I have used a slash the big guy - couple of times and he falls
over - run to the other side of the area from Pic - use the concussion to
keep Pic away. - jump over Pic once he gets close - and then slash him in
the back. Usually works within 1-2 iterations.

Still laughing at the flying Pic though.

Michael

Spider AL!

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99
Hey cheers KB! Got here when I couldn't! Wanna be my NR Deputy?

--
Cheers M8s, and WELCOME to all Newcomers.

Spider AL! (Alt.Games.Jedi-Knight Newbie relations)

ICQ: 23304432

Home: http://www.freezone.co.uk/spider-al/index.htm

for more information on Jedi Knight, you could try looking at the a.g.j-k
FAQ at
http://agjk.home.mindspring.com/

<Begin pointless Quote>

"Oh Mr. Lemon! So sharp and juicy fruit!"
- Harry Hill, his show.

<Quote Added to sig on 22/05/99 in honour of first alt.digitiser post>

Certain phrases I invented and copyright. "Lucky McGucky" "Half-Life
Headcrabs look like oven ready chickens"
Killer Bee wrote in message <7iunoo$a47$1...@news8.svr.pol.co.uk>...

>Well the official line is look down and slash a lot but I cant do it.
>Personally I either shot him or do the other cheats way where you jump down
>then very quickly run along to the far end go up the air stream and then
>stand on the ledge by the wall and watch him fall to his death (takes ages)
>As for persuasion he has it and will turn invisible so you need to put see
>on to beat him.
>
>Welcome to the group!
>Spider Als (ICQ 23304432) New player relations officer so feel free to
>bother him all you want, he wont mind.
>

>John H. Ross <jhamilt...@virgin.net> wrote in message
>> I'm completely stumped on Level 11. I've killed Gorc but am totally

>> unable to defeat Pic. I've read the FAQ and it mentions Persuasion.

>> How do I get this? I've never had this option available to assign a

cgg...@gmail.com

May 1, 2019, 10:05:40 PM5/1/19
Wow, that was 20 years ago. I'm re-visiting the game. Pic is a little bugger. I couldn't kill him with the sabre. My trick, placing mines. I had luck, I placed two in close proximity on the upper platform then retreated to the upper room with the bacta. Pic charged, ran straight into the double mines and after the explosion what was left of him landed in a charred heap right beside me. What a relief!
I was lucky, just mine the place to kingdom come (careful not to blow yourself up though;)