Heart of Evil and Opposing Force

0 views
Skip to first unread message

Scott Richardson

unread,
Nov 12, 2004, 7:22:41 PM11/12/04
to
I am doing Heart of Evil (Vietnam background) and I am early into it. I have
the walkthrough, but it doesn't help my problem. I have to take Barney
along. I leave him in a tunnel and head out and shoot a helicopter out of
the sky and get to a truck that claims I am too stupid to drive it. The
walkthrough says I need Barney to drive so I go back and try to get him and
he won't follow me. What gives?

Just before I write this question I am reviewing the messages and
there's a discussion on Half-Life and what a great game (my favorite level
is the final one), but there's a comment that Opposing Force has a great
ending. Is Opposing Force single player? I thought it was internet based.
Hope it is single player, I'll get it.

I have really enjoyed Poke346, They Hunger and Sweet Half-Life. I
haven't played team play. Too fast and confusing - can't figure out if Iam
red or blue (now as to presidential elections I am blue all the way!.)

Scott in Austin MN


Peter Lykkegaard

unread,
Nov 12, 2004, 7:53:18 PM11/12/04
to
"Scott Richardson" wrote

> Is Opposing Force single player?
>I thought it was internet based.
> Hope it is single player, I'll get it.
>

Actually both SP and MP

> I have really enjoyed Poke346, They Hunger and Sweet Half-Life. I
> haven't played team play. Too fast and confusing

You might take a look at Sven-Coop then as a start
http://www.svencoop.com/

- Peter


Sloth

unread,
Nov 12, 2004, 8:36:50 PM11/12/04
to

"Scott Richardson" <sric...@smig.net> wrote in message
news:10pakue...@corp.supernews.com...

>I am doing Heart of Evil (Vietnam background) and I am early into it. I
>have
> the walkthrough, but it doesn't help my problem. I have to take Barney
> along. I leave him in a tunnel and head out and shoot a helicopter out of
> the sky and get to a truck that claims I am too stupid to drive it. The
> walkthrough says I need Barney to drive so I go back and try to get him
> and
> he won't follow me. What gives?
>
> Just before I write this question I am reviewing the messages and
> there's a discussion on Half-Life and what a great game (my favorite level
> is the final one), but there's a comment that Opposing Force has a great
> ending. Is Opposing Force single player? I thought it was internet based.
> Hope it is single player, I'll get it.

Yes, it's an official SP mod, but can be played multiplayer. You may also
want to get Blue Shift, the other SP official expansion.

>
> I have really enjoyed Poke346, They Hunger and Sweet Half-Life. I
> haven't played team play. Too fast and confusing - can't figure out if Iam
> red or blue (now as to presidential elections I am blue all the way!.)
>

Try 'Case Closed' if you can find it anywhere; one of my favourate SP mods.

Dave


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.782 / Virus Database: 528 - Release Date: 22/10/2004


Cannon Fodder

unread,
Nov 12, 2004, 8:55:19 PM11/12/04
to
That figures, up there it's so cold everyone is blue... Down here in
sweet Texas it's warm and toasty, therefore very red...

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:22:41 -0600, "Scott Richardson"
<sric...@smig.net> wrote:

> can't figure out if Iam
>red or blue (now as to presidential elections I am blue all the way!.)
>
>Scott in Austin MN
>

"Always be able to find a little humor
even in the most grim situations"

Len

unread,
Nov 13, 2004, 10:16:45 AM11/13/04
to
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:22:41 -0600, "Scott Richardson"
<sric...@smig.net> wrote:
>I am doing Heart of Evil (Vietnam background) and I am early into it. I have
>the walkthrough, but it doesn't help my problem. I have to take Barney
>along. I leave him in a tunnel and head out and shoot a helicopter out of
>the sky and get to a truck that claims I am too stupid to drive it. The
>walkthrough says I need Barney to drive so I go back and try to get him and
>he won't follow me. What gives?

Have you killed ALL the enemies? Go back and check everywhere in that
level...there may be a headcrab or something hiding somewhere. IIRC,
Barney won't follow you until it's safe to proceed. (I hope you're
using your "use" key to get him to follow you.) Anyway, Heart of Evil
is a great mod....it gets a little weird in spots, but all in all it's
loads of fun. It's the longest of all the HL mods, and it has one of
the best, if not the best, ending. It even has an extra add-on for
when you finish and want some more.


>
> Just before I write this question I am reviewing the messages and
>there's a discussion on Half-Life and what a great game (my favorite level
>is the final one), but there's a comment that Opposing Force has a great
>ending.

The general concensus is that the ending for OpFor blows enormous
chunks. Sounds like somebody at Gearbox left the comment that it was
great.

Len

Scott Richardson

unread,
Nov 14, 2004, 11:13:12 PM11/14/04
to
Hey Len: Thanks for the tip and sure enough there was a head crab (2
actually) that I had to clear before Barney would follow. This is turning
out to be a good mod. At first I thought it was a bit lame, but it is
heating up.

Scott in Austin MN
"Len" <hug...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:5b8cp05tjeokr3as9...@4ax.com...

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages