'They Hunger' crashing at Devils Rift - help ?!

Dean Bigbee

Jan 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/17/00
I just got the "They Hunger" mod off the feb. PC Gamer mag, and it rocks! in
case you were wondering. Blood meets half-life! ;->

My problem is, everytime I hit the 'Devils Rift' (big canyon w/ lava, wooden
bridge along the canyon wall where the guard falls off and into the lava),
my game crashes out to the desktop a few seconds after the guard falls. I
run a p2 300 w/ 48 ram, 3dfx 3000 video card, SoundBlaster Live soundcard,
under windows 98.

I was running the latest drivers on all these, then mista Manke gave me the
advice to use the reference drivers after emailing him on it... i
re-installed my voodoo drivers off the cd and still i crash! I've tried
running in software mode, d3d mode, have tried reloading the level from the
start, and no matter what, i still crash out to the desktop.

Anyone have any tips?

Thanks in advance
dee

Thomas Fiscoe

Jan 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/17/00
I am happy have you ever seen a person with a 233 ever complain about
this? No it never happens I lvoe it when the MHZ skilled players have
problems.

dee

Jan 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/17/00
okaaay... that doesn't help.. glad you like to see me and my 300mhz (and how
in the hell is 300mhz considered fast?) havin problems.
hope ya get beat w/ a brick buddy,
dee

Thomas Fiscoe <de...@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message

Phillip Roncoroni

Jan 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/17/00

Err... getting beaten with a brick isn't nice...

300MHz is fast if you have a slow comp...

I have a 200 until Christmas. Now I got my shiny new P3 500. I'm sure some
people would consider this slow as 800's are out but I'm very grateful for
it. To more than double in speed is great! Although to be honest my friends
for a year have had 400 K62's and a 450-Xeon... so only 100MHz and 50MHz
boosts respectivly makes me seem poor. I did want a 600. =(

Hopefully with my own money I'll buy an Athlon 800 by August.... when 1.2
GHz will be out.

--

GoodCow =)

Billy's Comics - http://pages.prodigy.net/goodcow007/index2.htm
LAST UPDATED: January 17, 2000

Also:
- Make 50 cents an hour surfing the Internet! Oh yeah... =)
http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=FCM099
- I actually got $50 this month!
- PLEASE just check it out! Thanks!
--
dee <rue...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

M. Adams

May 14, 2022, 12:12:11 PM5/14/22
Switch to direct 3d video mode if your graphics card supports it