Soldier Jump Script in 2fort Elevator

Gator[PSP]

Nov 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/8/99
I saw a post that someone did with a script that claims to get just a
little more hight so that I can jump up the elevator shaft in 2forts.
Can that person (or any other) please repost it and tell me hot to bind
it.

Thanks,

Gator[psp]

Christoph Horst

Nov 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/8/99

You can do it without a script, but it's very difficult, especially
under Clan war conditions.

[YWC]Bashar

[USvU]Listener

Nov 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/8/99
That is the anti-answer to his question :p

I don't know how either though except to make sure you crouch when you jump.

Christoph Horst

Nov 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/9/99

"[USvU]Listener" wrote:

> That is the anti-answer to his question :p

Well, I have no idea how to accomplish it with a script, as I'm still
uncertain about the exact working principle of this jump. It seems to be
a combination of strafing at the time you jump, perfect timing,
wall-hugging and last not least ...

> I don't know how either though except to make sure you crouch when you jump.

... crouching, of course.
I can do this jump in an offline LAN game about 10..20% of the time ...
which is much to little to make it useful in "real"-life ;-) And
consider you can get up the elevator shaft more easily with a grenade
jump ... or to be absolutely safe, with a combined grenade-rocket jump

[YWC]Bashar

FragieSpice

Nov 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/9/99
yeah i have seen a few hardcore legends do it regulary with a combined
grenade/rocket jump........pretty awesome to watch if they nail it, pretty
ugly if the stuff it up. :)
GenXFragieSpice
Christoph Horst <rc-b...@gmx.net> wrote in message

John Traigis

Nov 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/9/99
I've been able to do the elevator jump with a single grenade without
much problems as a soldier. I think doing the rocket with the grenade
is a bit of overkill.

Bad Brains

Nov 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/9/99
While i was capping the flag from FragieSpice coz he
found posting in alt.games.half-life.tfclassic more usefull
than staying on guard. I stopped to reply on Re: Soldier Jump Script
in 2fort Elevator

>yeah i have seen a few hardcore legends do it regulary with a combined
>grenade/rocket jump........pretty awesome to watch if they nail it, pretty
>ugly if the stuff it up. :)

That's simple..
From the bridge inside the well to the flagroom no problem as a
soldier.. over the water to be exactly..

Bad Brains the name is WASTED, not me.. but u..

~Following Apple's lead in producing compelling machines people want
to buy, Microsoft's next major release of Win 2000 will now offer the
'Blue Screen of Death' in five tasty new colors.~

[HM]SatansHandPuppet[TiT]

Nov 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/9/99
Agreed

--
-=[HM]SHP[TiT]=-
...ICQ#41177306...

John Traigis <jtra...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> I've been able to do the elevator jump with a single grenade without
> much problems as a soldier. I think doing the rocket with the grenade
> is a bit of overkill.
>
> "FragieSpice" <joe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> >yeah i have seen a few hardcore legends do it regulary with a combined
> >grenade/rocket jump........pretty awesome to watch if they nail it,
pretty
> >ugly if the stuff it up. :)

[MORAT]colony

Nov 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/9/99
hardcore legends?
man, not that I can do it regularily, not that I am really special, but just to
add my five cents: I can jump the whole building in hunted form ground (without
using the ledge) and I also managed to jump the lift in 2fort with one rocket
quite easily.
I wonder why this is such an issue? it can be done.
but then again soldier is not my prefered class and so I didn't excersise it to
perfection.

my lousy 5 cents

[MORAT]colony

The Mythical Alex

Nov 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/9/99

John Traigis <jtra...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> I've been able to do the elevator jump with a single grenade without
> much problems as a soldier. I think doing the rocket with the grenade
> is a bit of overkill.

Hold grenade. Stand still with face in elevator wall. Wait. You're up, or
you're dead, depending on how much health you had to start with. Not really
much to it.

John Twernbold

Nov 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/10/99
Christoph Horst wrote:
> No jumping? Please explain ...

Huh? Don't jump. Refrain from pressing the jump key. No need to hop.
Um...how else does one explain "no jumping"? :-)

By the way, the position you're in before the grenade detonates doesn't
matter much. I stand with my back to the wall and look down, but other
people have different methods. The bottom line: a soldier's grenade has
enough power to push you to the top of the elevator shaft without jumping.

Bold

Christoph Horst

Nov 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/11/99

The Mythical Alex wrote:
> Hold grenade. Stand still with face in elevator wall. Wait. You're up, or
> you're dead, depending on how much health you had to start with. Not really
> much to it.

No jumping? Please explain ...

[YWC]Bashar

Christoph Horst

Nov 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/11/99

John Twernbold wrote:
> > No jumping? Please explain ...

> Huh? Don't jump. Refrain from pressing the jump key. No need to hop.
> Um...how else does one explain "no jumping"? :-)

[...}

> The bottom line: a soldier's grenade has
> enough power to push you to the top of the elevator shaft without jumping.

Thx that's what I wanted to know about ;-)
Though I still don't believe it.

[YWC]Bashar
PS: I'll now turn believe into fact.

Christoph Horst

Nov 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/11/99

Christoph Horst wrote:
> PS: I'll now turn believe into fact.

*swallows*
It does work... Why do I make fancy grenade timers and practice grenade
jumps like crazy? Hmpf

[YWC]Bashr

Lightwave

Nov 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/11/99
Its true i do it as a Demoman all the time...
I face the wall hold the grenade and push forward when I get to the top
you need at least 61 health and some amour

Bozo[WASTED]

Nov 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/18/99
On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:28:25 -0500, "Lightwave"
<wi...@nospamearthlink.net> said:

>Its true i do it as a Demoman all the time...
>I face the wall hold the grenade and push forward when I get to the top
>you need at least 61 health and some amour

The mirv jump works too... this can be a very useful one when you're
being chased. Imaging on 2fort you've taken their flag and you head
for the lift shaft, you mirv jump up the shaft, and as they try to
follow you they get killed by your mirv.

On one occasion, when I was carrying the flag on well, I was doing a
normal grenade jump to get back to base and an enemy sniper ran in
from of me as I executed the jump... I managed to jump home to my base
and kill the sniper with the same grenade :)

Bozo[WASTED]

77n...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2019, 11:26:15 AM1/14/19
اريد لعبة soldier jump