[DMgenie] Class Skills?

pasto...@sbcglobal.net

Jan 21, 2016, 7:32:30 AM1/21/16
Does anyone know if there is a way to tell if a skill is a class
skill for a character? Or, failing that, to at least find out if it
a class skill for a particular class? I can't seem to find any
reference to that in the scripting help, other that ForcedClassSkils
on the "cr." object, and I don't understand what that is supposed to
do.

Jim

Zym

Jan 21, 2016, 7:36:41 AM1/21/16
At a quick glance I cant see a way to scan the class skills list for output.
Nor do I see a way to scan the text of the class body (if listed there).

Easiest way or how I would handle it is to make a Script (in a Feat or Global)
that would store class skill arrays. You could then pull output for them for
whatever other scripting you needed.

"I can already see your name disintegrating from my lips...."

__._,_.___

Zym

Jan 21, 2016, 8:15:04 PM1/21/16
ForcedClassSkils

Makes whatever skill is forced count as a class skill for leveling purposes.
i.e. doesn't cost cross class.

Forced Class skills can be done thru scripting or entered in the box on the
Notes Tab.

Jeremy Smith

Jan 21, 2016, 8:19:54 PM1/21/16
Have to say - I think its awesome to see folks still making good use of
this great product. I rely on it heavily to make my game prep
efficient. Would have been a thrill to see it evolve further.

pasto...@sbcglobal.net

Jan 22, 2016, 10:55:09 AM1/22/16
I have used it pretty extensively, too. I've uploaded a number of
scripts and complete adventures, including my 3.5 conversion of the
original Ravenloft, using sources from both Wizards and Swords and
Sorcery. If you haven't every looked at it, please check it out
sometime. Even if you never use it, I'm really proud of the
finished product. It took several years, working off and on.

Right now, I'm working on a Pathfinder conversion. I know...
several other people have also started to do a pathfinder
conversion... but that's the problem. Multiple, often overlapping
but different files from different sources. Plus I am trying to
script everything I can as I go, and I have trouble sometimes
deciphering other people's scripts. I'll post my progress as I
finish parts.

Jim

Danny Millard

Jan 22, 2016, 10:58:16 AM1/22/16
I use it constantly, myself. Of course, I lurk more than anything.
Not always much to add to the conversation.

In article <AGD.201601...@MX1.NX26160119233912100>,

Jeremy Smith

Jan 23, 2016, 10:27:51 AM1/23/16
kosh...@gmail.com wrote:
>In article <AGD.201601...@MX1.NX26160119233912100>,
>jsm...@driftwoodtheatre.com wrote:
>>
>>Have to say - I think its awesome to see folks still making good
>>use of this great product. I rely on it heavily to make my game
>>prep efficient. Would have been a thrill to see it evolve further.
>

>I use it constantly, myself. Of course, I lurk more than anything.
>Not always much to add to the conversation.

Same here (regarding the lurking, really). I am in awe of anyone who
can do scripting - it is simply beyond me - because with the right
customization, DM Genie remains a very powerful tool for gaming.

Just had a fantastic session of 3.5 D&D last night, in fact. Now I have
to dole out XP and revise my notes in Genie - can't wait for another
session.

Nor

Jan 24, 2016, 10:46:23 AM1/24/16
jsm...@driftwoodtheatre.com wrote:
I am still a very regular user of DM Genie, and have scripted a ton of
classes feats, etc. My scripting is sloppy but does seem to work. But
from another person's point of view it would be very incomplete. I only
script what my players take, so for example, My oracle has just a few
mysteries scripted. However if anyone if looking for a feat, class etc,
feel free to ask if I have anything done on it, and if I do, I'll send
it over, and you can get a headstart. I will also be happy answer any
question on how I scripted it, if you are having trouble with one.