[DMgenie] Item scripting

Tronmike

Aug 11, 2015, 7:40:32 AM8/11/15
I'm trying to write some scripting for an item so that when equipped it
gives me a feat. I'm in the Scripting tab of the item and under "Code
Selection" I select equip.

In the script box I enter:
Cr.GiveFeatName ("Blind-Fight", "", True)

However, it does not add the feat Blind-Fight to the list of feats.
Any help would be apprecited.

TIA

noretoc

Aug 11, 2015, 7:44:17 AM8/11/15
Be sure the feat name matches what is in the quotes exactly. I would also try
changing the hyphen to a space in both the feat name and the code to avoid any
issues. (There are several type of hyphens that look similar).

Also don;t forget to remove the feat if the item get unequipped unless you
want it as a pass-around "Everyone gets blind-fighting"

Tronmike

Aug 11, 2015, 7:52:55 AM8/11/15
Removing the Hyphen solved the problem.
Thanks you!!