[DMgenie] Substitution classes

1 view

perspicacio...@yahoo.com

Jun 1, 2016, 7:36:35 AM6/1/16
Has anyone ever created a substitution class before? If so, did you
just make it as a new class or something different?

Andrew Blyth

Jun 1, 2016, 7:41:19 AM6/1/16
perspicacio...@yahoo.com wrote:

>Has anyone ever created a substitution class before? If so, did you
>just make it as a new class or something different?

I just made it a new class. Couldn’t figure out how to incorporate
substitution classes in the core class.

Nor

Jun 1, 2016, 7:48:22 AM6/1/16
I'm not sure what you mean by substitution class. ? If you mean like
an archetype in Pathfinder, It a little tough to do. ? Making a new
class doesn't really work, as each class has a code, and if you have a
scripted ability, that is based on level you have to go back to all
those abilities and tell them to look at multiple classes. ?
What I did instead is build alternate feat for the alternate class
features. ? In the feat scripting, I told it to remove the feat it is
replacing. ? This is a pain though, as when you level up you have to
choose the new ability manually, and old abilities gets added back
automatically. ? I had to put the removal in the special code so it
would look often and remove it anytime it was added.
Also make sure you feats/class abilities have remove code to undo
anything they did when added otherwise removing them isn't going to
reset the character and you ? may end up with benefits from both.

perspicacio...@yahoo.com

Jun 1, 2016, 7:52:08 AM6/1/16
Thanks Andrew. I was looking at the Ranger substitution class Shooting
Star. I decided to make a new Ranger class for each level of the
substitution class. One for 3rd level, one for the 4th level, one for
8th level, one for 11th level and one for 14th.