Economic Collapse

Jon

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
Any ideas as to how to avoid my bases in SMAC occasionally suffering a
total economic collapse, wiping out the base's industrial output(-1
minerals in every square)?
It seems to be random but I can find no mention of it in the online help
or manual. It seems to have only started since I installed the latest
patch v.4 so I don't know whether that has anything to do with it.
Cheers
Jon

Peter Ihm

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

Jon schrieb in Nachricht <37EA6FBA...@freeuk.com>...

2 reasons possible:

a) no energy bank in city
b) actual energy for faction total when click "next turn" is 0 or very little

always when costs for buildings or research or such will calculated and it's
toolittle, a building in a city is scrambled, what brings money

--
Gruß, Peter

PGP? Yes, but version PGP263in only
see http://eurocontact.org/PGP/

see also running SETI project
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and join there, we need you, too.

Andrew R. Gillett

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
In alt.games.civ2, Jon wrote:
> Any ideas as to how to avoid my bases in SMAC occasionally suffering a
> total economic collapse, wiping out the base's industrial output(-1
> minerals in every square)?
> It seems to be random but I can find no mention of it in the online help
> or manual. It seems to have only started since I installed the latest
> patch v.4 so I don't know whether that has anything to do with it.

It's totally random, and it's happened since the first patch. Maybe you
were lucky, or random events were switched off.

--
Andrew Gillett http://argnet.fatal-design.com/ ICQ: See homepage

UK videogame release dates at:
http://www.release-dates.co.uk/

Andrew R. Gillett

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
In alt.games.civ2, Peter Ihm wrote:
> 2 reasons possible:
>
> a) no energy bank in city
> b) actual energy for faction total when click "next turn" is 0 or very little
>
> always when costs for buildings or research or such will calculated and it's
> toolittle, a building in a city is scrambled, what brings money

That's an energy surge, something completely different to what he was
talking about (-1 Minerals for 10 years).

Jon

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

"Andrew R. Gillett" wrote:

> In alt.games.civ2, Jon wrote:
> > Any ideas as to how to avoid my bases in SMAC occasionally suffering a
> > total economic collapse, wiping out the base's industrial output(-1
> > minerals in every square)?
> > It seems to be random but I can find no mention of it in the online help
> > or manual. It seems to have only started since I installed the latest
> > patch v.4 so I don't know whether that has anything to do with it.
>
> It's totally random, and it's happened since the first patch. Maybe you
> were lucky, or random events were switched off.

Thanks.
I haven't changed any of the preferences or level so I guess I was just lucky
but I really am paying for it in this current game!
Jon

Andrew R. Gillett

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
In alt.games.civ2, Jon wrote:
> > It's totally random, and it's happened since the first patch. Maybe you
> > were lucky, or random events were switched off.
>
> Thanks.
> I haven't changed any of the preferences or level so I guess I was just lucky
> but I really am paying for it in this current game!

It works both ways - sometimes you will get bases which give +1 minerals
per square for 10 years. Same goes for nutrients and energy.

--
Andrew Gillett http://argnet.fatal-design.com/ ICQ: See homepage

"Your pets may be disembowelled if you do not keep up payments."
- Alexei Sayle

Mufasa

Sep 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/25/99
Andrew R. Gillett <a...@whangomatic.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> In alt.games.civ2, Jon wrote:
> > > It's totally random, and it's happened since the first patch. Maybe
you
> > > were lucky, or random events were switched off.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > I haven't changed any of the preferences or level so I guess I was just
lucky
> > but I really am paying for it in this current game!
>
> It works both ways - sometimes you will get bases which give +1 minerals
> per square for 10 years. Same goes for nutrients and energy.

It will do that if you have an Energy Bank. If you don't, you lose 1
mineral...

--

Jon Adams
joj...@yahoo.com (Home)

Geoffrey Tobin

Sep 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/28/99
Whoa! We're confusing Economic (Energy) Collapses with
Industrial (Mineral) Collapses.

SMAC random events include +1 and -1 in Energy, Minerals or Food
in each square square around a base.

--
Best wishes!
Geoffrey Tobin

financ...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2012, 6:39:47 PM11/12/12
On Thursday, September 23, 1999 5:00:00 PM UTC+10, Jon wrote:
> Any ideas as to how to avoid my bases in SMAC occasionally suffering a
> total economic collapse, wiping out the base's industrial output(-1
> minerals in every square)?
> It seems to be random but I can find no mention of it in the online help
> or manual. It seems to have only started since I installed the latest
> patch v.4 so I don't know whether that has anything to do with it.
> Cheers
> Jon

There are some good stats here, and we all know its coming, not a matter of if but when.

I listen to the guy from http://www.forecastfortomorrow.com and he was laughed when he called this years ago, and now look whats happening. He knows that one world govt is only about 2 or 3 steps away, go check him out.

I am worried about my family and my financial security, my job is not really that safe. anyone else out there scared??