More Cait Sithy goodness!

1 view

Dr. EviL, dictator-for-life of A.G.F-F.meow

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
Cefca Ramen <ramen_junkEYTH...@hotmail.cm> wrote in message
news:MPG.13f026498...@news.famvid.com...
> I'm not sure if this one is as good as the first. Here is another Cait
Sith
> picture though. Not quite as uh.. vulgar as the first.
> http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Pagoda/6098/Junk/csith2.gif

Heh. Love the "Lil' Cid" part.

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
|\ |--
| |octor |- vil
|/ |--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
(that's Doctor Evil, SIR to you)
Dictator-for-life of A.G.F-F.meow
NEW! Sig v7.0! (yes, updates are free)
Giver of mojo points
http://thedomain.tsx.org - my craptacular website
Jive-Talkin' Choirboy extraordinaire
Writer of the official AGFF(r)(tm)((c)2000) slogan:
"Want intelligent information? Watch PBS! If you want cool posts from
(mostly) cool people, go to AGFF!"
Leader of the "replace 'ATTN:' with 'YO FUCKNUT'" activists
President of the official Anti-ScatMan club
______ ______
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% |||__||| %#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
|||__|||
TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY POSTS \/ \/ FIVE HUNDRED POSTS \/ \/
TO ALT.GAMES.FINAL.FANTASY (0250) TO ALT.GAMES.FINAL.FANTASY (0500)
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% \__/ %#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%# \__/
______ ______
%#@%#@%#@%#@%#@%#@%#@%#@%# |||__||| %#@*%#@*%#@*%#@*%#@*%#@*%#
|||__|||
ONE THOUSAND POSTS \/ \/ FIFTEEN HUNDRED POSTS \/ \/
TO ALT.GAMES.FINAL.FANTASY (1000) TO ALT.GAMES.FINAL.FANTASY (1500)
%#@%#@%#@%#@%#@%#@%#@%#@%# \__/ %#@*%#@*%#@*%#@*%#@*%#@*%# \__/

-=OFFICIAL POST COUNT=-
1937 posts.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Points 'n Shit:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
10 MARUCHAN points (from Ramen Junkie, "way back when" before he gave out
Ramen points)
1,000,000 metal armT points (from Zohar)
15 Luddite points (from A.Weirdo)
1 Log point (from A.Weirdo)
20 Flying Monkey points (from DiSiLLuSiOn)
2 Calvin & Hobbes points (from DiSiLLuSiOn)
1 Red Koopa Shell Award (from Kwarlord for my godly knowledge of Super Mario
trivia)
1 Genuine Smart Guy Award (from Cliezon for my "keen grasp of the obvious")
18 Ramen points (from Ramen Junkie, for taking his various surveys)
0.5 Excessive Sig points (from Ramen Junkie for my badass .sig)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
--------------------
ICQ: 39243546
--------------------
AGFF
[1](FG)4(GP)1P,4P,5POG,6BOGF,7BOG,8B(FC)Kn,Lo,Er,Cy,Sz,Sh,C7,Ti,Bh,Gg,Ex,Ul,
Kf,Rf,Jv,Se,Iz,Rl,KtDF,Vr,We,El,Rb,Rz,Md,Dl,Bw,Ag,Se(HC)Ed,Gu,Rl,Ca,Yf,Bn,Ra
,Mk,Sl,Ze,Ru,En,Hj,AlAS,Gf,Am(FS)MO(OL)1(FA)A
[2](PR)3(FP)Sr(HP)MT(FT)Cyp(ST)Naw(GB)2(AR)3(TP)2(GFS)3(PWI)3(MD)4
[3](YA)3(YW)4(YG)M(EC)Hz(HC)BrD(HL)3(CH)3(FAS)Tek(CL)OR(PT)C6

This is the .sig that doesn't end
Yes it goes on and on my friend
Dr. Evil kept adding more shit to it
Not knowing what it was
But it will keep on growing bigger just because...
[repeat until someone shoots you]

-=- And now, quotes -=-
"*I* am Atma, newbie. Now go away."
- Atma
"I would, but you seem to be blocking the path."
- Gogo, in reply to the above
"And yes, Ford is as anal as Richard Simmon's sexual fantasies."
- Atma
"Even worse, you still don't have a quote from that Justin Sueno guy in your
sig. What the hell are you trying to pull eh?"
- Sueno, to me. I do NOW; happy?!
"Ahh, logic -- your arch-nemesis, RJ?"
- Me, to Ramen Junkie
"All right, back up, put the gun down, and get me a pack of tropical fruit
Bubblicious...and some Skittles."
- Will Smith and Martin Lawrence in 'Bad Boys'
"Notepad - The HTML Editor for Champions."
- Cliezon
"I do know who you are. You're a heretic against Cypherology and a yellow
stain on the shorts of humanity."
- Rob Cypher, to Eric42
"How come they call it taking a dump and not leaving a dump? I mean after
all, you're not really taking it anywhere."
- Ramen Junkie
"WHO THE FUCK KEEPS CALLING FOR THE KUMBIA KINGS ON THE BOX?! GAY! FAGS! GAY
FAGS! GAY GAY FAG FAGS! GAAAAAAAY! FAAAAAAGS!"
- Jiro at his most intelligent
"You're the new offical all-purpose scapegoat/tackling dummy of the
newsgroup."
- Crisis, to Ford
"Mm-mm, scrumdidlyumptious!"
- Fei, Xenogears

Quinch

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00

Cefca Ramen wrote:

> I'm not sure if this one is as good as the first. Here is another Cait Sith
> picture though. Not quite as uh.. vulgar as the first.
> http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Pagoda/6098/Junk/csith2.gif

> --
> Ramen Junkie
>
> http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Pagoda/6098
> AIM - RJ Chaos

{blinks}

Uh, scream.

Quinch

This is my sig. Oh joy.

Cefca Ramen

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00

Cefca Ramen

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Dr. EviL, dictator-for-life of A.G.F-F.meow,
ask...@if.you.must.know.you.lazy.bastard :

> Cefca Ramen <ramen_junkEYTH...@hotmail.cm> wrote in message
> > I'm not sure if this one is as good as the first. Here is another Cait
> Sith
> > picture though. Not quite as uh.. vulgar as the first.
> > http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Pagoda/6098/Junk/csith2.gif
>
> Heh. Love the "Lil' Cid" part.

Yeah, I finished with it an had nothing to do so I felt like drawing this
little Cid head, then I though, "He should be saying something meaningful."

Linda

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Cefca Ramen wrote:

> I'm not sure if this one is as good as the first. Here is another Cait Sith
> picture though. Not quite as uh.. vulgar as the first.
> http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Pagoda/6098/Junk/csith2.gif

That one looks daft...nothing like Disillusion's drawing...

Linda

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Cefca Ramen wrote:

> Dr. EviL, dictator-for-life of A.G.F-F.meow,
> ask...@if.you.must.know.you.lazy.bastard :
> > Cefca Ramen <ramen_junkEYTH...@hotmail.cm> wrote in message
> > > I'm not sure if this one is as good as the first. Here is another Cait
> > Sith
> > > picture though. Not quite as uh.. vulgar as the first.
> > > http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Pagoda/6098/Junk/csith2.gif
> >
> > Heh. Love the "Lil' Cid" part.
>
> Yeah, I finished with it an had nothing to do so I felt like drawing this
> little Cid head, then I though, "He should be saying something meaningful."

You drew that picture? Why don't the two Cait Siths look like each
other, then? (yours and Dis's). It's the same character, right?
Are there any websites that have pictures of Cait Sith that I could look
at, do you know?

Linda

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Quinch wrote:

> Cefca Ramen wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure if this one is as good as the first. Here is another Cait Sith
> > picture though. Not quite as uh.. vulgar as the first.
> > http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Pagoda/6098/Junk/csith2.gif
> > --
> > Ramen Junkie
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Pagoda/6098
> > AIM - RJ Chaos
>
> {blinks}
>
> Uh, scream.
>
> Quinch
>
> This is my sig. Oh joy.

What about Dis's pic?

Cefca Ramen

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Linda, linda...@msn.net :

> Cefca Ramen wrote:
> >
> > Dr. EviL, dictator-for-life of A.G.F-F.meow,
> > ask...@if.you.must.know.you.lazy.bastard :
> > > Cefca Ramen <ramen_junkEYTH...@hotmail.cm> wrote in message
> > > Sith
> > >
> > > Heh. Love the "Lil' Cid" part.
> >
> > Yeah, I finished with it an had nothing to do so I felt like drawing this
> > little Cid head, then I though, "He should be saying something meaningful."
>
> You drew that picture? Why don't the two Cait Siths look like each
> other, then? (yours and Dis's). It's the same character, right?
> Are there any websites that have pictures of Cait Sith that I could look
> at, do you know?

What, you don't know what Cait Sith looks like?

Tekhne

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00
'Twas a fateful day when Cefca Ramen did say:

>I'm not sure if this one is as good as the first. Here is another Cait Sith
>picture though. Not quite as uh.. vulgar as the first.
>http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Pagoda/6098/Junk/csith2.gif

<nitpick>
You should have written the subject as "More Cait Sith-ish goodness!"
because "Sithy" would be pronounced "see-ee".
</nitpick>

--
Tekhne, AIM: Tekhne Evincio, ICQ UIN: #41880116

"There was a young lady named Bright,
Whose speed was far faster than light,
She travelled one day,
In a relative way,
And returned on the previous night"
- AHR Buller

Cefca Ramen

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00
Tekhne, djpurdy...@ukonline.co.uk :

> 'Twas a fateful day when Cefca Ramen did say:
>
> >I'm not sure if this one is as good as the first. Here is another Cait Sith
> >picture though. Not quite as uh.. vulgar as the first.
> >http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Pagoda/6098/Junk/csith2.gif
>
> <nitpick>
> You should have written the subject as "More Cait Sith-ish goodness!"
> because "Sithy" would be pronounced "see-ee".
> </nitpick>

"Sith" the way it's pronounced in Star Wars.....

Mike Robinson

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00
On Tue, 01 Aug 2000 21:22:39 -0400, Linda <linda...@msn.net> wrote:

>You drew that picture? Why don't the two Cait Siths look like each
>other, then? (yours and Dis's). It's the same character, right?
>Are there any websites that have pictures of Cait Sith that I could look
>at, do you know?

The official character design, as drawn by the greatest Final Fantasy
artist ever:

http://www.thegia.com/psx/ff7/art1/caitsith.jpg

--
Mike Robinson | Aim:MprAim | ICQ:(not using it anymore)

Cefca Ramen

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00
Mike Robinson, no...@nowhere.invalid :

> On Tue, 01 Aug 2000 21:22:39 -0400, Linda <linda...@msn.net> wrote:
>
> >You drew that picture? Why don't the two Cait Siths look like each
> >other, then? (yours and Dis's). It's the same character, right?
> >Are there any websites that have pictures of Cait Sith that I could look
> >at, do you know?
>
> The official character design, as drawn by the greatest Final Fantasy
> artist ever:
>
> http://www.thegia.com/psx/ff7/art1/caitsith.jpg

Mines better...

Disillusion

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
Junkie al'la Ramen wrote:
>Linda, linda...@msn.net :
>> Cefca Ramen wrote:
>> >
>> > Dr. EviL, dictator-for-life of A.G.F-F.meow,
>> > ask...@if.you.must.know.you.lazy.bastard :
>Cait

>> > Yeah, I finished with it an had nothing to do so I felt like drawing this
>> > little Cid head, then I though, "He should be saying something
>meaningful."
>>
>> You drew that picture? Why don't the two Cait Siths look like each
>> other, then? (yours and Dis's). It's the same character, right?
>> Are there any websites that have pictures of Cait Sith that I could look
>> at, do you know?
>
>What, you don't know what Cait Sith looks like?

Linda doesent play video games...... -_- Junkie, get the duct-tape and the
chair, I'll get the Snes and the FF3.

Disillusion
--
AIM name: Mr DiSiLLuSiOn
____________________

.sig at
http://members.aol.com/vincent7z/sig.txt

To reply, chop off my ears

Cefca Ramen

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
Disillusion, vinc...@aol.commyears :

> Junkie al'la Ramen wrote:
> >Linda, linda...@msn.net :

> >Cait

> >meaningful."
> >>
> >> You drew that picture? Why don't the two Cait Siths look like each
> >> other, then? (yours and Dis's). It's the same character, right?
> >> Are there any websites that have pictures of Cait Sith that I could look
> >> at, do you know?
> >
> >What, you don't know what Cait Sith looks like?
>
> Linda doesent play video games...... -_- Junkie, get the duct-tape and the
> chair, I'll get the Snes and the FF3.

NES+River City Ransom+Contra+NES Advantage.

Tekhne

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
'Twas a fateful day when Cefca Ramen <ramen_...@hotmail.comfortable> did say:

>Tekhne, djpurdy...@ukonline.co.uk :
>> 'Twas a fateful day when Cefca Ramen did say:
>>

>> >I'm not sure if this one is as good as the first. Here is another Cait Sith
>> >picture though. Not quite as uh.. vulgar as the first.
>> >http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Pagoda/6098/Junk/csith2.gif
>>

>> <nitpick>
>> You should have written the subject as "More Cait Sith-ish goodness!"
>> because "Sithy" would be pronounced "see-ee".
>> </nitpick>
>
>"Sith" the way it's pronounced in Star Wars.....

"Cait Sith" is pronounced "Ket See". Weird, but true.

--
Tekhne, AIM: Tekhne Evincio, ICQ UIN: #41880116

Money can't buy happiness, but poverty can't buy ANYTHING.

Sky Render

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
With an evil grin, a lone figure approached me. "A message from my master,
Tekhne. That is all..." the figure said, and drifted off. Will ill tidings, I
opened the letter, and read it. It said this:

> 'Twas a fateful day when Cefca Ramen <ramen_...@hotmail.comfortable> did say:
>
> >Tekhne, djpurdy...@ukonline.co.uk :
> >> 'Twas a fateful day when Cefca Ramen did say:

> >> <nitpick>
> >> You should have written the subject as "More Cait Sith-ish goodness!"
> >> because "Sithy" would be pronounced "see-ee".
> >> </nitpick>
> >
> >"Sith" the way it's pronounced in Star Wars.....
>
> "Cait Sith" is pronounced "Ket See". Weird, but true.

Well, it's ketto shi- in FF6j, so that would make sense. Of course, by that
logic, it's pronounced "kayfkah", not "kehfkah"...

--
_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_
/ Sky Render (remove the corrupt universe to mail)\

-_- Beware, the Eyes are after you... -_-

Ź_Ź Ź_Ź Ź_Ź -We're agents of the government. Surrender. O_O -Uh, oh...

RelMark

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00

"Cefca Ramen" <ramen_...@hotmail.comfortable> wrote in message

> Mike Robinson, no...@nowhere.invalid :
> > On Tue, 01 Aug 2000 21:22:39 -0400, Linda <linda...@msn.net> wrote:
> >
> > >You drew that picture? Why don't the two Cait Siths look like each
> > >other, then? (yours and Dis's). It's the same character, right?
> > >Are there any websites that have pictures of Cait Sith that I could
look
> > >at, do you know?
> >
> > The official character design, as drawn by the greatest Final Fantasy
> > artist ever:
> >
> > http://www.thegia.com/psx/ff7/art1/caitsith.jpg
>
> Mines better...

Your opinion is biased.

RelMark

Disillusion

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
Junkie al'la Ramen wrote:
>Disillusion, vinc...@aol.commyears :
>> Junkie al'la Ramen wrote:
>> >Linda, linda...@msn.net :

>message
>> >Cait

>this
>> >meaningful."

>> >What, you don't know what Cait Sith looks like?
>>
>> Linda doesent play video games...... -_- Junkie, get the duct-tape and
>the
>> chair, I'll get the Snes and the FF3.
>
>NES+River City Ransom+Contra+NES Advantage.

Ok we'll start her out on that then we'll get the FF3. *Looks
around for Lunar and a PS*

Tekhne

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
'Twas a fateful day when Sky Render did say:

>With an evil grin, a lone figure approached me. "A message from my master,
>Tekhne. That is all..." the figure said, and drifted off. Will ill tidings, I
>opened the letter, and read it. It said this:
>> 'Twas a fateful day when Cefca Ramen <ramen_...@hotmail.comfortable> did say:
>>
>> >Tekhne, djpurdy...@ukonline.co.uk :

>> >"Sith" the way it's pronounced in Star Wars.....
>>
>> "Cait Sith" is pronounced "Ket See". Weird, but true.
>
> Well, it's ketto shi- in FF6j, so that would make sense. Of course, by that
>logic, it's pronounced "kayfkah", not "kehfkah"...

AFAIK, "Cait Sith" is some sort of mystical cat or tiger from a Chinese
legend, or something like that, so how it's spelt in English or in
Japanese isn't entirely appropriate towards how it should be pronounced,
or towards how other names are pronounced.

--
Tekhne, AIM: Tekhne Evincio, ICQ UIN: #41880116

Don't touch me...

Cefca Ramen

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
Tekhne, djpurdy...@ukonline.co.uk :
> 'Twas a fateful day when Cefca Ramen <ramen_...@hotmail.comfortable> did say:
>
> >Tekhne, djpurdy...@ukonline.co.uk :
> >> 'Twas a fateful day when Cefca Ramen did say:

> >> <nitpick>
> >> You should have written the subject as "More Cait Sith-ish goodness!"
> >> because "Sithy" would be pronounced "see-ee".
> >> </nitpick>
> >
> >"Sith" the way it's pronounced in Star Wars.....
>
> "Cait Sith" is pronounced "Ket See". Weird, but true.

"Kate Sith"

Cefca Ramen

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
"RelMark" <bsmith6(at)oswego(dot)edu>, "RelMark" <bsmith6(at)oswego(dot)edu>
:

> "Cefca Ramen" <ramen_...@hotmail.comfortable> wrote in message
> > Mike Robinson, no...@nowhere.invalid :

> look
> > >
> > > The official character design, as drawn by the greatest Final Fantasy
> > > artist ever:
> > >
> > > http://www.thegia.com/psx/ff7/art1/caitsith.jpg
> >
> > Mines better...
> >
> Your opinion is biased.

Indeed.

Linda

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
Mike Robinson wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Aug 2000 21:22:39 -0400, Linda <linda...@msn.net> wrote:
>
> >You drew that picture? Why don't the two Cait Siths look like each
> >other, then? (yours and Dis's). It's the same character, right?
> >Are there any websites that have pictures of Cait Sith that I could look
> >at, do you know?
>
> The official character design, as drawn by the greatest Final Fantasy
> artist ever:
>
> http://www.thegia.com/psx/ff7/art1/caitsith.jpg

Thanks for showing me that pic...now at least I know what Caith should
look like! But is he the top or the bottom one, or both?

Sky Render

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
With an evil grin, a lone figure approached me. "A message from my master,
Kevos Setzer. That is all..." the figure said, and drifted off. Will ill
tidings, I opened the letter, and read it. It said this:

> Linda <linda...@msn.net> wrote in article <398A0A...@msn.net>...
> Both, actually. It's a cat that has brought a giant stuffed Moogle (called a
> Mog, I think, but that disrespects the real Mog from FF6) to life and attacks
> by barking orders into his megaphone. There's a little more to it than that,
> but that involves plot spoilers.

Why must we insult Moglies by calling them Moogles? It even has Moglie
written on the illustration (albeit in Katakana), which leads me to wonder
why the mistranslation of their race continues to this day...

Sky Render

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
With an evil grin, a lone figure approached me. "A message from my master,
Kevos Setzer. That is all..." the figure said, and drifted off. Will ill
tidings, I opened the letter, and read it. It said this:

> Sky Render <torquemada_gi@hotthe_corrupt_universemail.com> wrote in article
> <MPG.13f3cc6c1...@news.aracnet.com>...
> Because I like the name Moogles. :P
>
> Moglies sounds like a reptilian race to me...

It sounds like a race of little cute huggable things to me. But then, I hear
words strangely (and I can play Take the A-Train III with little confusion,
even though it's mostly in Kanji), so...

Cefca Ramen

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
Linda, linda...@msn.net :

> Mike Robinson wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 01 Aug 2000 21:22:39 -0400, Linda <linda...@msn.net> wrote:
> >
> > >You drew that picture? Why don't the two Cait Siths look like each
> > >other, then? (yours and Dis's). It's the same character, right?
> > >Are there any websites that have pictures of Cait Sith that I could look
> > >at, do you know?
> >
> > The official character design, as drawn by the greatest Final Fantasy
> > artist ever:
> >
> > http://www.thegia.com/psx/ff7/art1/caitsith.jpg
>
> Thanks for showing me that pic...now at least I know what Caith should
> look like! But is he the top or the bottom one, or both?

To. He rides the moogle. But he's a robot really.

Kevos Setzer

Aug 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/4/00

Linda <linda...@msn.net> wrote in article <398A0A...@msn.net>...

> Mike Robinson wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 01 Aug 2000 21:22:39 -0400, Linda <linda...@msn.net> wrote:
> >
> > >You drew that picture? Why don't the two Cait Siths look like each
> > >other, then? (yours and Dis's). It's the same character, right?
> > >Are there any websites that have pictures of Cait Sith that I could look
> > >at, do you know?
> >
> > The official character design, as drawn by the greatest Final Fantasy
> > artist ever:
> >
> > http://www.thegia.com/psx/ff7/art1/caitsith.jpg
>
> Thanks for showing me that pic...now at least I know what Caith should
> look like! But is he the top or the bottom one, or both?

Both, actually. It's a cat that has brought a giant stuffed Moogle (called a

Mog, I think, but that disrespects the real Mog from FF6) to life and attacks
by barking orders into his megaphone. There's a little more to it than that,
but that involves plot spoilers.

--
Kevos Setzer
(Kevin Martin)-- kmar...@compuserve.com

"What's the most important thing in life? Being free of obligations!
Otherwise, you lose the ability to gamble..."
Setzer Gabbiani, Final Fantasy 6

No, the greatest composer is Johann Sebastian Bach. Any guy who
marries his cousin, marries a twenty-year-old when the cousin snuffs it,
fathers a total of 22 children *and* works for the church is someone
that deserves my utmost respect.
--Tekhne

Did you know windows has an exit sound? I've never heard it since my
system just crashes, but I can set it in the sound menu so it must be
there somewhere!
--Ramen Junkie reveals the secrets of Windows

God damnit. WHEN THE HELL WILL I LEARN NOT TO FOLLOW LINKS OFF OF
USENET?!
--Atma, with the First Rule of AGFF

IT'S NOT???? OMG! I THOUGHT EVERYONE WERE JUST SLOW TYPERS DUDE!
--Jonny is informed that AGFF is not a chat room

Kevos Setzer

Aug 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/4/00

Sky Render <torquemada_gi@hotthe_corrupt_universemail.com> wrote in article
<MPG.13f3cc6c1...@news.aracnet.com>...
> With an evil grin, a lone figure approached me. "A message from my master,

> Kevos Setzer. That is all..." the figure said, and drifted off. Will ill
> tidings, I opened the letter, and read it. It said this:
> >

> > Linda <linda...@msn.net> wrote in article <398A0A...@msn.net>...

> > > Thanks for showing me that pic...now at least I know what Caith should
> > > look like! But is he the top or the bottom one, or both?
> > >

> > Both, actually. It's a cat that has brought a giant stuffed Moogle
(called a
> > Mog, I think, but that disrespects the real Mog from FF6) to life and
attacks
> > by barking orders into his megaphone. There's a little more to it than
that,
> > but that involves plot spoilers.
>

> Why must we insult Moglies by calling them Moogles? It even has Moglie
> written on the illustration (albeit in Katakana), which leads me to wonder
> why the mistranslation of their race continues to this day...

Because I like the name Moogles. :P

Moglies sounds like a reptilian race to me...

--

Kevos Setzer
(Kevin Martin)-- kmar...@compuserve.com

Mini-Greg Level 2
Owner of the UseNet Airship _Blackjack II_
Commissioner of alt.games.final-fantasy.people.humor.heh
Wielder of Fixed Dice
Materia: Throw (with Coin Toss), Gil Plus

Items obtained:
Coupon for Jonny's Ice Cream Store

Disillusion

Aug 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/4/00

Sounds more like the race that Gizmo is from in the movie Gremlins

Kelzmelzer

Aug 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/4/00

Disillusion <vinc...@aol.commyears> wrote in message

> >> Why must we insult Moglies by calling them Moogles? It even has
Moglie
> >> written on the illustration (albeit in Katakana), which leads me to
wonder
> >> why the mistranslation of their race continues to this day...
> >>

> >Because I like the name Moogles. :P
> >
> >Moglies sounds like a reptilian race to me...
>
> Sounds more like the race that Gizmo is from in the movie Gremlins
>
> Disillusion

Mogwai?
--
But hey, thats just my opinion. I could be wrong ¤<^_^>¤

¤Greatest of the Sephiroth clones
¤Eats his asian girls with wasabi
¤Retainer of the 3 foot toblerone bar

"If you're going to shoot people, they should at least be the pretty ones"-
Mos

http://www.cybersexsoft.com/cyber/smutamatuer30.html
http://www.djuna.simplenet.com/christy/
I'm a tortured man
I'm a tortured man
I cant believe I am who I am

I told you not to be stupid, ya moron.

Disillusion

Aug 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/4/00
Kelzmelzer wrote:

>Disillusion <vinc...@aol.commyears> wrote in message
>Moglie
>wonder
>> >>

>> >Because I like the name Moogles. :P
>> >
>> >Moglies sounds like a reptilian race to me...
>>
>> Sounds more like the race that Gizmo is from in the movie Gremlins
>>
>> Disillusion
>
>Mogwai?

Yeh thats the ticket! hehe

Tekhne

Aug 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/4/00
'Twas a fateful day when Sky Render did say:

>With an evil grin, a lone figure approached me. "A message from my master,
>Kevos Setzer. That is all..." the figure said, and drifted off. Will ill
>tidings, I opened the letter, and read it. It said this:
>>

>> Linda <linda...@msn.net> wrote in article <398A0A...@msn.net>...

>> > Thanks for showing me that pic...now at least I know what Caith should
>> > look like! But is he the top or the bottom one, or both?
>> >

>> Both, actually. It's a cat that has brought a giant stuffed Moogle (called a
>> Mog, I think, but that disrespects the real Mog from FF6) to life and attacks
>> by barking orders into his megaphone. There's a little more to it than that,
>> but that involves plot spoilers.
>

> Why must we insult Moglies by calling them Moogles? It even has Moglie
>written on the illustration (albeit in Katakana), which leads me to wonder
>why the mistranslation of their race continues to this day...

I thought it was Moguri?

--
Tekhne, AIM: Tekhne Evincio, ICQ UIN: #41880116

Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.

VampyreHunter "D"

Aug 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/4/00
Sky Render <torquemada_gi@hotthe_corrupt_universemail.com> wrote in message
> > Because I like the name Moogles. :P
> >
> > Moglies sounds like a reptilian race to me...
>
> It sounds like a race of little cute huggable things to me. But then, I
hear
> words strangely (and I can play Take the A-Train III with little
confusion,
> even though it's mostly in Kanji), so...

A-train is a japanese game?

--

VampyreHunter "D"

www.neofix.cjb.net

"...I hear he shaves one leg so that when he goes to bed it feels like he's
sleeping with a woman" - Jerry Lawler on Chris Jericho (WWF Fully Loaded
2000)

"Annoying! Annoying! Annoying! You're just so bleeding annoying!" - Ryuji
Yamazaki

"I saw right through you like...well, something transparent" - Joe Higashi

Kevos Setzer

Aug 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/4/00

Disillusion <vinc...@aol.commyears> wrote in article
<20000804000631...@ng-fq1.aol.com>...

> Kelzmelzer wrote:
> >
> >Disillusion <vinc...@aol.commyears> wrote in message

> >Moglie
> >wonder

> >> Sounds more like the race that Gizmo is from in the movie Gremlins
> >>
> >> Disillusion
> >
> >Mogwai?
>
> Yeh thats the ticket! hehe

I was thinking of them, too.

Yellow Snoe

Aug 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/4/00
Every morning I see that VampyreHunter "D" has written something on my
forehead. I do not know why they do it but I should reply to this one:

»Sky Render <torquemada_gi@hotthe_corrupt_universemail.com> wrote in message

»> > >
»> > > Why must we insult Moglies by calling them Moogles? It even has

»Moglie
»> > > written on the illustration (albeit in Katakana), which leads me to
»wonder
»> > > why the mistranslation of their race continues to this day...
»> > >
»> >
»> > Because I like the name Moogles. :P
»> >
»> > Moglies sounds like a reptilian race to me...

»>
»> It sounds like a race of little cute huggable things to me. But then, I

»hear
»> words strangely (and I can play Take the A-Train III with little
»confusion,
»> even though it's mostly in Kanji), so...
»
»A-train is a japanese game?

»

I pity tha game!

Snoe

Blank Space Saves Words

VampyreHunter "D"

Aug 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/4/00
Yellow Snoe <f...@ucalgary.ca> wrote in message

Why? Because you don't know how to play it?

Sky Render

Aug 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/4/00
With an evil grin, a lone figure approached me. "A message from my master,
Tekhne. That is all..." the figure said, and drifted off. Will ill tidings, I
opened the letter, and read it. It said this:
> 'Twas a fateful day when Sky Render did say:
>
> >With an evil grin, a lone figure approached me. "A message from my master,
> >Kevos Setzer. That is all..." the figure said, and drifted off. Will ill
> >tidings, I opened the letter, and read it. It said this:
> >>

> >> Linda <linda...@msn.net> wrote in article <398A0A...@msn.net>...

> >> Both, actually. It's a cat that has brought a giant stuffed Moogle (called a
> >> Mog, I think, but that disrespects the real Mog from FF6) to life and attacks
> >> by barking orders into his megaphone. There's a little more to it than that,
> >> but that involves plot spoilers.
> >
> > Why must we insult Moglies by calling them Moogles? It even has Moglie
> >written on the illustration (albeit in Katakana), which leads me to wonder
> >why the mistranslation of their race continues to this day...
>
> I thought it was Moguri?

Without "formalization", yes. Apparently, they call them Moglies when they
talk about them in Nippon. It's sort of like calling the Midgard Zolom the
Midogazoromu just because it's spelled that way in-game.

Sky Render

Aug 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/4/00
With an evil grin, a lone figure approached me. "A message from my master,
"VampyreHunter \"D\"" <fa...@lalaland.com>. That is all..." the figure said,
and drifted off. Will ill tidings, I opened the letter, and read it. It said
this:
> Sky Render <torquemada_gi@hotthe_corrupt_universemail.com> wrote in message
> > > Because I like the name Moogles. :P
> > >
> > > Moglies sounds like a reptilian race to me...
> >
> > It sounds like a race of little cute huggable things to me. But then, I
> hear
> > words strangely (and I can play Take the A-Train III with little
> confusion,
> > even though it's mostly in Kanji), so...
>
> A-train is a japanese game?

Yep. Take the A-Train was released back in the late 80's, and two sequels
followed over the next few years. Take the A-Train III was a REALLY big
hit, and it reached America as A-Train, released by Maxis. Railroad
Empire in the US is actually Take the A-Train II in Japan, believe it or not.
I have the old Maxis US release manual for A-Train, but it's not much help
at all for the SNES version, as the formatting is completely different.

RelMark

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00

"VampyreHunter "D"" <fa...@lalaland.com> wrote in message

> Yellow Snoe <f...@ucalgary.ca> wrote in message
> > »> > > > > >
> > »> > > > > > On Tue, 01 Aug 2000 21:22:39 -0400, Linda
> > »
> >
> > I pity tha game!
>
> Why? Because you don't know how to play it?

A-Team reference, I believe.

RelMark

VampyreHunter "D"

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00
RelMark <bsmith6(at)oswego(dot)edu> wrote in message

Yes I know, but what does it have to do with the topic at hand?

VampyreHunter "D"

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00
> Yep. Take the A-Train was released back in the late 80's, and two
sequels
> followed over the next few years. Take the A-Train III was a REALLY big
> hit, and it reached America as A-Train, released by Maxis. Railroad
> Empire in the US is actually Take the A-Train II in Japan, believe it or
not.
> I have the old Maxis US release manual for A-Train, but it's not much help
> at all for the SNES version, as the formatting is completely different.

O....K......

Disillusion

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00
VampyreHunter "D" wrote:
>RelMark <bsmith6(at)oswego(dot)edu> wrote in message

>> > Why? Because you don't know how to play it?
>> >
>> A-Team reference, I believe.
>
>Yes I know, but what does it have to do with the topic at hand?

A-Train, A-Team, I think he was just goin for a cheap laugh.

Tekhne

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00
'Twas a fateful day when "VampyreHunter \"D\"" <fa...@lalaland.com> did say:

>RelMark <bsmith6(at)oswego(dot)edu> wrote in message

>> > Why? Because you don't know how to play it?
>> >
>> A-Team reference, I believe.
>
>Yes I know, but what does it have to do with the topic at hand?

A-team, A-train, don't you get it?

--
Tekhne, AIM: Tekhne Evincio, ICQ UIN: #41880116

Too many people... not enough shotguns...

Linda

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00
Disillusion wrote:

> VampyreHunter "D" wrote:
> >RelMark <bsmith6(at)oswego(dot)edu> wrote in message

> >> A-Team reference, I believe.
> >
> >Yes I know, but what does it have to do with the topic at hand?
>
> A-Train, A-Team, I think he was just goin for a cheap laugh.

"Moogles" sounds like stuffed animals such as beanie babies to me...

VampyreHunter "D"

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00
Tekhne <djpurdy...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message

> >> A-Team reference, I believe.
> >
> >Yes I know, but what does it have to do with the topic at hand?
>
> A-team, A-train, don't you get it?

No.

VampyreHunter "D"

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00

> >> A-Team reference, I believe.
> >
> >Yes I know, but what does it have to do with the topic at hand?
>
> A-Train, A-Team, I think he was just goin for a cheap laugh.

I didn't get it :((