Ancient similarities

Nathan A. Alden, III

Dec 30, 2003, 5:09:16 AM12/30/03
Call it stupid if you must, but in a moment of pure boredom, my ears picked
up something of a similarity between a particular peice of music in FF2
(that is, the true FF2) and one in FF9. When I had first analyzed the
nostalgic aspects of FF9 three years ago, I hadn't played 2 and hence
couldn't find a single common thread between them.

Your mission is to answer this: In what single area is the common piece
played?

Spot the nostalgia correctly, and get 5 quiz points

--
NA

Spam is evil...yada yada yada...get
rid of that to e-mail me

Pahsons - Somnolent

Dec 30, 2003, 11:21:28 AM12/30/03
Falling asleep through Nathan A. Alden, III's post...

> In what single area is the common piece
> played?

I'll go for I have a life for $500, Alex

--
http://animehistory.keenspace.com/d/20020310.html
http://www.cafeshops.com/creexul.2534632

Nathan A. Alden, III

Dec 30, 2003, 3:10:55 PM12/30/03
Nice flame, but WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!! -10 just for
attacking a guy that already has a life.

(Just kidding. Y'know, my intent was to wake people up and possibly drown
out that crazy spam)

Care to take a bona fide shot at the question?

NA

"Pahsons - Somnolent" <pahso...@juno.com> wrote in message

Pahsons - Somnolent

Dec 30, 2003, 6:13:00 PM12/30/03
Falling asleep through Nathan A. Alden, III's post...

> Nice flame, but WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!! -10 just for

> attacking a guy that already has a life.
>
> (Just kidding. Y'know, my intent was to wake people up and possibly
> drown out that crazy spam)
>
> Care to take a bona fide shot at the question?

IT WAS MY LAME ATTEMPT AT SAYING I'VE PLAYED NIETHER. YOU MAKE ME SAD

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Zarggg

Dec 30, 2003, 6:42:49 PM12/30/03
Nathan A. Alden, III wrote on 30 Dec 03 15:10:

> "Pahsons - Somnolent" <pahso...@juno.com> wrote in message
>
>> Falling asleep through Nathan A. Alden, III's post...
>>
>>> In what single area is the common piece played?
>>
>> I'll go for I have a life for $500, Alex
>

> Nice flame, but WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!! -10 just for
> attacking a guy that already has a life.
>
> (Just kidding. Y'know, my intent was to wake people up and possibly
> drown out that crazy spam)
>
> Care to take a bona fide shot at the question?

Final Fantasy II and IX? I didn't think there were any connections... I
know of I and VII being recycled, but I haven't a damn clue about 2. To
clarify: Were you talking about II or IV (since some people get those
two mixed up)?

Also, please bottom-post in this newsgroup. And quoting signatures just
shouldn't be done. ;-) </etiquette lesson>
--
Zarggg
Key ID: 0xC00D540D

Nathan A. Alden, III

Dec 30, 2003, 8:29:47 PM12/30/03

"Zarggg" <n...@valid.email> wrote in message

> Nathan A. Alden, III wrote on 30 Dec 03 15:10:
>
> > "Pahsons - Somnolent" <pahso...@juno.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> Falling asleep through Nathan A. Alden, III's post...

> >> I'll go for I have a life for $500, Alex
> >
> > Nice flame, but WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!! -10 just for
> > attacking a guy that already has a life.
> >
> > (Just kidding. Y'know, my intent was to wake people up and possibly
> > drown out that crazy spam)
> >
> > Care to take a bona fide shot at the question?
>
> Final Fantasy II and IX? I didn't think there were any connections... I
> know of I and VII being recycled, but I haven't a damn clue about 2. To
> clarify: Were you talking about II or IV (since some people get those
> two mixed up)?
>
> Also, please bottom-post in this newsgroup. And quoting signatures just
> shouldn't be done. ;-) </etiquette lesson>

I'm talking about Final Fantasy II, as playable in Origins. That is your
only clue for now. Good luck. Please post your answer in the main thread
if you have it.

NA

Cassandra J. Nichols

Apr 24, 2021, 2:29:26 PM4/24/21
On 12/30/2003 5:29 PM, Nathan A. Alden, III wrote:

> I'm talking about Final Fantasy II, as playable in Origins. That is your
> only clue for now. Good luck. Please post your answer in the main thread
> if you have it.

I'm still curious as to the answer.

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols