Overthere

Jay Collins

Nov 28, 2001, 2:32:21 PM11/28/01

I roasted my overthere fraction some how (most likely killing raiders..)

Is there anyway to repaire it?

Joe D

Nov 28, 2001, 5:31:54 PM11/28/01
Jay Collins <jco...@exis.net> wrote:

> I roasted my overthere fraction some how (most likely killing raiders..)

> Is there anyway to repaire it?

The Overthere outpost is on Venril Sathir faction.

The only practical way to increase it can only be done if you aren't KOS in
the first place, or have some way of becoming non-KOS. You kill sarnak
berzerkers in the OT, collect their braids, and hand them in 4 at a time to
Capt Rottgrime in the outpost. The exp for this is actually decent, too.

Joe D
--
If at first you don't suceed succed sucsed

dstep

Nov 28, 2001, 8:38:13 PM11/28/01

Yep, and if kos you better start killing some dragons... a lot.

NPCs you can kill to raise the faction:

Esorpa of the Ring
Faydedar
Gorenaire
Phara Dar
Talendor
Xygoz

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/faction.html?faction=156

Something you might try as a hobby is find out when guilds are doing
those dragons if you are not. Wait until its obvious they are not
going to have a wipeout ( so you don't die nex) run by and shoot one
arrow or cast one spell on the dragon. Even if you do no damage or the
spell is ressed you still get faction when the dragon dies.

You might want to ask the guild first, but that may just irritate them
while they are busy with the dragon. if you run by and cast you can
then say "oops" even though its unlikely anyone would notice. Then run
off away from them and wait for the faction plus.

I just finished my epic with fayd.. and I don't THINK the druid
spawned fayd gives a plus to venril.. can't remember for sure.

If you are JUST kos, try a change form spell.. like having someone
cast group wolf form. If you are non kos in group wolf form, then
collect many sarnak braids (a ton, too bad they don't stack) and turn
them in that way until you are no longer kos when not in wolf form
either. I can't remember if wolf raises faction in kunark though.. I
know at least in firiona vie zone it LOWERS it so overthere might be
the same.

In case you are wondering, no invis won't work.. you become vis when
turning in the item then BAP dead.

Email: dstephenathomedotcom
Find the @ and the . if you really need to.

Dream King

Dec 2, 2001, 7:44:21 PM12/2/01
dstep <ds...@babaloo.com> wrote:

>>The Overthere outpost is on Venril Sathir faction.
>>
>>The only practical way to increase it can only be done if you aren't KOS in
>>the first place, or have some way of becoming non-KOS. You kill sarnak
>>berzerkers in the OT, collect their braids, and hand them in 4 at a time to
>>Capt Rottgrime in the outpost. The exp for this is actually decent, too.
>
>Yep, and if kos you better start killing some dragons... a lot.
>
>NPCs you can kill to raise the faction:
>
>Esorpa of the Ring
>Faydedar
>Gorenaire
>Phara Dar
>Talendor
>Xygoz

All of the VP dragons, actually. No telling how many of those it takes.
I've gotten at least 60 +VS hits now off of Kunark dragons and I'm still
KoS. Oh, add Trakanon and Severilous as well. Basically all the Kunark
dragons and Esorpa in WW. I'm come to the conclusion that killing
dragons is not an effective way to get non-kos there, unless you're not
too deeply kos to begin with. If you've maxxed negative, good luck.

>In case you are wondering, no invis won't work.. you become vis when
>turning in the item then BAP dead.

If you can sneak you may be able to get away with it with the help of a
friend. I haven't tried it yet but it seems like it would work. Have
someone hail Rotgrime so he faces the same way as the marines, then
sneak behind and you should be able to be in trading distance. The bad
thing about that is that Rotgrime will turn and walk to the other end,
whether he's being hailed or not.

Joe D

Dec 3, 2001, 3:41:48 PM12/3/01
Dream King <morp...@cent.com> wrote:
> If you can sneak you may be able to get away with it with the help of a
> friend. I haven't tried it yet but it seems like it would work. Have
> someone hail Rotgrime so he faces the same way as the marines, then
> sneak behind and you should be able to be in trading distance. The bad
> thing about that is that Rotgrime will turn and walk to the other end,
> whether he's being hailed or not.

I've thought about this, but if you slip, those marines will be all over
you.

Joe D
--
fnord

Steve

Dec 3, 2001, 4:57:38 PM12/3/01
I have heard you can have a Necro duel you and hit you with ignite
bones. While in skele form you are indifferent to the Captain.
Never tried it myself yet, but I am sure going to just for fun..

"Joe D" <jo...@cws.org> wrote in message

Remington Stone

Dec 4, 2001, 12:51:02 AM12/4/01
Recap: How to raise faction with Captain Rottgrime at the outpost so you
can hand in braids.

Steve said:
}I have heard you can have a Necro duel you and hit you with ignite
}bones. While in skele form you are indifferent to the Captain.
}Never tried it myself yet, but I am sure going to just for fun..

Two other possibilities:

Amulet of Necropotence confers Illusion: skeleton. Ok, so you have to
kill highly uber mobs in fear. Or find someone selling one and cough
up a huge bucket of plat. Ouch.

Any of the Illusion: Elementals will raise my faction there. A Clay Golem
in Cazic Thule drops a Ball of Golem Clay with one measly charge of
Illusion: Earth Elemental. I haven't tried it, since I've yet to actually
see a clay golem, despite many hours spent looking for the bugger, but
there it is.

If anyone has any pointers for finding him, I'd love to hear 'em. :)

[52 Enchanter] Zinphandel Chianti <Knights of IGF> (Gnome) Aynae Ro